I need some info please

I need some info please

This is a discussion on I need some info please within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello all, I am being transfered at work to Baton Rouge, LA from Chattanooga tn. Louisiana honors my Tennessee permit, what I need to know ...

Thread: I need some info please

I need some info please

Hello all,
    I am being transfered at work to Baton Rouge, LA from Chattanooga tn. Louisiana honors my Tennessee permit, what I need to know from all of you Louisianians is how strict are they down there and what are some things I need to be aware of. any info will be greatly appreciated

Not strict at all. Baton Rouge has changed since they inherited the Katrina thugs.
    Stay Safe
    D

thanks for the heads up, but how has it changed?

The post Katrina population of Baton Rouge has increased by 100,000. With that population explosion, the crime, traffic, problems have intensified. The majority, if not all of those 100K, were New Orleans evacuees. The population of New Orleans has been dispersed to different large cities. Ask Houston officials about the crime explosion since Katrina. Baton Rouge has had an increased crime problem since Katrina. So, a few large cities inherited the major crime, traffic, and welfare problems without gaining any tax support. The latest reports claim that less than one third of the evacuees have returned to New orleans.

And just to clarify, this has absolutely nothing to do with race. I assisted in the rescue operation in a flooded New Orleans, so, before any daggers are thrown, were YOU there? How many folks did you pull from attics and flooded homes, and place in your boat to try to help?
    The reason we managed to lose all of our Katrina folks here in Lake Charles, a month later we had the storm that was forgotten, Rita.
    So, watch yourself very carefully, there are many bad people in and around Baton Rouge, as with any large city. The difference is that the BR PD is overwhelmed, increased population, increased crime, no increase in tax revenue. With no increase in revenue, it becomes nearly impossible to increase your Police Force.
    D

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    If I'm not mistaken, Louisiana is also an open carry state.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Slim, you are correct, we are open carry. I would personally rather "concealed".
    D

VIP Member
    If you happened to get stopped by a leo for "whatever", and you're CCW, by all means tell him upfront. According to the La law you as a permit holder have the duty to inform a leo that you are CCW. Some leo's will be cool about it, others cautious.....pretty much like any other state that require you to inform leo.

Here's a link for you that should explain some of the other factors of CC here in La. BTW welcome to La

LSP - Concealed Handgun Permit Unit
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Thanks for all the quick responses, now one more question how do you safely fly with a handgun? can you lock it up in a case and put it in your checked baggage?

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Flying with a handgun is easy, on most carriers if not all. This has been treated elsewhere - searching may give you more/better information, and you should call the air line to see if they have any nuances that change what I'm saying here.

You need to unload it, put it in a lockable hard case (got mine for $10 or so at a sporting goods store), and put a TSA-approved lock on it ($8 or so for three keyed alike at WalMart, I think). Arrive early, present yourself at the ticket counter, saying, "I would like to declare an unloaded sidearm" ("declare" because they know about that, and leading with it gets them thinking down the right direction, and "sidearm" because it will slow them down a bit - beats "I HAVE A GUN!"). You open the box and show them that it is unloaded (the easy way is to lock it open, and run a long zip tie through the ejection port and out where the magazine goes). They ceritify it as unloaded and you both sign a slip to that effect. You lock up the box, put it in the top of your checked bag, and lock it. They toss it on the conveyor belt and you find it at the other end.

you poor devil

You're leaving just when Volkswagen will make us all rich;)

Don't go this weekend!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

another good thing like some other states, Louisiana allows you to have your gun in your vehicle however you prefer to carry it. In Louisiana your car is an extension of your home.

You're going now? Hopefully your job will be there next week and not blown away by the hurricane(s).
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Thanks guys, I am not leaving until the 21st of september. I get 2 dollars on the hour which puts me up to 31.98 and 1000.00 tax free bonus per month and 44.00 a day for meals. I am staying at the Hilton Amerisuite, anyone got info on the place? looking at six months total. Its a pretty good chance to make some good money. I just hope it all turns out to be a good experience.

Sponsored Links