Age Poll

This is a discussion on Age Poll within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As my HERO, Indiana Jones once said: It's not the years....it's the mileage.... I'm 48. Been carrying since I was a 21 year old junior ...

View Poll Results: How old are you? [there IS more to it than that!]

Voters
296. You may not vote on this poll
  • Legal - 30

47 15.88%
  • 31-40

73 24.66%
  • 41-50

82 27.70%
  • 51-60

73 24.66%
  • 61 and up

21 7.09%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Age Poll

Cool It's not the YEARS...

As my HERO, Indiana Jones once said: It's not the years....it's the mileage....

I'm 48. Been carrying since I was a 21 year old junior at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa. There has not been a single full year in all those that followed that I have not at some time had a lawful CCW permit in some state. All I can say today is THANK GOD FOR RECIPROCITY!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    since I got here in '91.
    Where from originally Steve?

BTW - hope you have ''the goods'' soon.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I'm 22 and just got my permit this summer. I was active duty military and stationed in GA when I turned 21, it just seemed pointless to get a permit there when I couldn't carry on base and rarely ventured off of it. I got my PA permit about a week after coming home. So now I'm closing on about four months of legal carry. It's been a learning experience, and a rewarding one. Now I just need to go get some training.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

Red face

My "Papers" put me at 58, but I think I'm 24.----- Its just been a real rough 24.
    Oh yeh? Well this was sent from the scary black electrical box under my desk, so there!
    "It aint how good you shoot, it's how cool you look doing it." [Fred Sayer 1994]
    H&K P7
    Colt XS, Star PD
    Caracal F

Lead Moderator
    Being an old far... Oops, (Can I say that?), anyhow, unlike Chris, I'll admit to carrying flint!

Matter of fact a picture of my main long arm is in the photos section and it is a "rock gun"!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Well... I see that I'm in the smallest category , ie the 4%, being a 'golden oldie' 69 years old, but I FEEL like I'm in a much larger one of the brackets with the 'ass kick-ability' I believe (or at least like to tell myself) I still have. I've had my CCW (actually called CCDW in Kentucky which includes ANY and ALL Deadly weapons ) for only a little over a year now and just fired Expert with both my Bushy M4 and also with my Beretta 92FS without prescription glasses (of course except my clear shooting ones) . This is one senior citizen who will make some smart a** punk from thinking I'm 'gray haired easy prey' if need be. This 'walkin' heavy' - 'packin' heat', 'ol' man LOL ...not !....will try to see that that never takes place ! . And if that doesn't work,,, and I still 'lose out'... it's a double penitentiary time felony in KY for an assault/battery ,etc against a senior citizen for the BG if HE 'wins out'..of course I'll hope that the first choice is the one that goes down. Possible LOL's aside ...that's my story and I'm sticking to it !!!
    diplomacy ... the art of saying "nice doggie"..while looking for a big rock !!

Administrator

Talking

I've been carrying daily for 20 years.
    No wonder I'm starting to develop a permanent "lean" over toward one side.
    I had better start carrying some more extra magazines over on the other side to even myself out.
    Last edited by QKShooter; December 9th, 2005 at 02:30 AM.

I'm 20 and open carry, since that's legal at age 19 here in the state of New Mexico. I don't open carry too often, because I honestly don't want people knowing, I only do when I'm going out someplace where I think I could run into some trouble. I know, I know, "you never know WHEN something's gonna happen" but we all have to admit, there are certain times and places where the risk of an attack is elevated.

When I turn 21 in May, I will get my CCW permit and carry for the rest of my life.

-Erik

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    I'm 71 and have owned a gun of some kind since my first .22 rifle at age 12 or 13. Have had a CCW in Georgia in the 80's and got my Florida CCW this year.

Administrator

Good Post Eric S.

"When I turn 21 in May, I will get my CCW permit and carry for the rest of my life."

You are wise well beyond your years.
    Hopefully, you'll decide to stay here on this forum for a long time also.
    I also made a decision at about your age to carry FOREVER & a day.
    My "carry firearm" is an integral part of me now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Well, I'm almost 50. I've carried, both legal and illegal off and on since I was 21. My first permit was in Indiana, which is where I was born and grew up. Then I got stupid and moved to Chicago, the land of NO CARRY ALLOWED (legally that is). However, that's when the "on and off" started. I started working as a security officer, then added Private Investigator to my job list also.

Then I moved to Michigan, about 6 months before it became a shall issue state. Talk about timing. I've been carrying totally legal ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Lowe
    Well, I'm almost 50. I've carried, both legal and illegal off and on since I was 21. My first permit was in Indiana, which is where I was born and grew up. Then I got stupid and moved to Chicago, the land of NO CARRY ALLOWED (legally that is). However, that's when the "on and off" started. I started working as a security officer, then added Private Investigator to my job list also.

Then I moved to Michigan, about 6 months before it became a shall issue state. Talk about timing. I've been carrying totally legal ever since.

I'm shooting tomorrow all day....if you want to join me, let me know, I'd love to have you join me.....I'll be shooting the SKS and the 9mm!
    S&W 5906
    si vis pacem, para bellum

protego communis bona

Where do you go shooting at? I live in the Lansing area. For me, it's either a semi-outdoor range in Eaton Rapids, a DNR range near Bath, or an indoor range in Mason.

As to whether I can actually do it, depends on whether or not my sister can watch my boys for me. She lives in Battle Creek.

My wife is disabled, uses two canes to walk, so she can't watch our sons by herself, they run faster than she can hobble. Besides, she'd likely want to go shooting too.

Heck...I'm going to be 53 in January...still feel like I'm a lot younger in my mind <do I have one of those?> Been carrying since I was 21 yrs old.....and haven't regretted it.....
    No age barriers here, as we're all the same.....a good group of CCW people here....
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar

Talking

Early 30's here. I have only been carrying about 3 years now.
    I have always been pro ccw even as a teen, but some misinformation and incorrect "personal convictions" delayed me a few years in getting mine. Now if I have my pants on, I have a wallet and a weapon. (in all places it is legal to have one that is)

I plan on entering the pearly gates carrying a concealed firearm!!!
    That will be the only place any of us will ever go where it won't ever be needed. I intend to leave mine here so my kids and grandchildren can defend themselves with them.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links