Age Poll - Page 4

Age Poll

This is a discussion on Age Poll within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Lawrence Keeney I'm 41, and have been carrying legally since 1992. I got my permit because of an incident in a business ...

View Poll Results: How old are you? [there IS more to it than that!]

Voters
296. You may not vote on this poll
  • Legal - 30

47 15.88%
  • 31-40

73 24.66%
  • 41-50

82 27.70%
  • 51-60

73 24.66%
  • 61 and up

21 7.09%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Age Poll

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence Keeney
    I'm 41, and have been carrying legally since 1992. I got my permit because of an incident in a business I used to own where I had to draw on someone, and didn't have a permit at the time.

I got away with it, but what if I were forced to shoot? I would have been roasted because of the lack of a permit.

It's an ugly shame, but that's the way it is.

I've carried legally every day since, and do not regret it.

In fact, I truly believe the fact that I carried a handgun all the time, a fact which all my former employees were aware of, kept at least one of them from setting up my robbery. At least, that is what I was told much later.

Fear of getting shot is a great deterrent for lazy fast buck robbers.
    In michigan if you own a business you can carry concealed w/o a permit....just thought I'd mention that, michigan is cool in that regard
    S&W 5906
    si vis pacem, para bellum

protego communis bona

59, carring since 18. been so long that if I leave it off my back hurts cause my body misses the weight.

Talking Extra Weight

I have carried for 20 + years and when I am not packing a piece it feels like I am going to tip over from lack of counter weight!

Quote Originally Posted by d2thomas
    In michigan if you own a business you can carry concealed w/o a permit....just thought I'd mention that, michigan is cool in that regard
    Well, you can carry concealed on any property that you own/rent without a permit. But when you leave the confines of your property, you either have to disarm yourself, carry openly, or have a Concealed Pistol License.

Michigan is not unique in this regard. In Illinios, even though you can't carry in public, you can do what ever you want on your own property, whether you actually own it or whether you rent, makes no difference. I believe that NYC is one of those rare places where you have to have a permit just to have a weapon on your own property or in your own place of business.

I wasn't worrying about carrying in my business. I did that anyway from day one. I was worried about the minute I walked out the back door of my shop with a bank bag full of receipts and my centennial in my jacket pocket.

When you deal in a lot of cash, like people in fast food do, nosy employees tell their lazy boyfriends, who concoct hairbrained plans to try and rob you when they think you will least expect it.

If they think you are armed, and might well blow their brains out, then it gives them pause to move on to easier targets.
    "I Don't Want To Socialize With A Pinko Liberal Democrat Commie. Say What You Like About Republicans. We Stick To Our Convictions. Even When We Know We're Dead Wrong." Denny Crane:

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence Keeney
    I wasn't worrying about carrying in my business. I did that anyway from day one. I was worried about the minute I walked out the back door of my shop with a bank bag full of receipts and my centennial in my jacket pocket.

When you deal in a lot of cash, like people in fast food do, nosy employees tell their lazy boyfriends, who concoct hairbrained plans to try and rob you when they think you will least expect it.

If they think you are armed, and might well blow their brains out, then it gives them pause to move on to easier targets.
    I used to drive a taxi in the Chicago suburbs. We had a few guys get robbed, and one driver was killed. This caused me to consider my options, and I carried (illegally) for quite some time. I never had to pull my weapon or used it during that time. But one night, I had a pair of intoxicated guys who kept whispering back and forth while I took them where they wanted to go.

As we got closer, one of them (the biggest one) just non-chalantly asked me, "What would you do if we robbed you?" And I, just as non-chalantly answered back, "I'd shoot you both with my .357 magnum." Not only did they shut up, when we got to their destination, I got a $5.00 tip.

Wine gets Better with Age

56 now. I have had a weapon (not just a handgun) on my person or in my vehicle from age 16 forward. Of course for 22 years they were real loud ones!!! "Platoon Sergeant, Why are you carrying a 203? Because I get to assign the weapons Sir!"

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    58 and have been carrying for 29 years. In MA you need a permit to even think about guns or ammo. Got my first permit in 1976, just after a "ban all handguns" referendum failed.

I'm 68 and have been carring for over 40 years. It has been, and remains, a great thing to do.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

Assistant Administrator
    Further thread resurrection - OK folks come on - move up, move up.

Lot's of new guys and a few gals - lets be hearing how many years young y'all are
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Kat
    Do you know how weird it feels to be at the bottom end of the 41-50 range? No offense to those at the top end of that range, but man, can't we have a 41-42 bracket?
    Luke 22:36 And He said to them, "But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one."

Exclamation

In the part of Kalifornia I was in (East Kern county), I felt pretty safe just having a gun unloaded and ammo seperated in my vehicle.
    Since my move back to Georgia, there has been a BIG change thru the years and I do not feel safe out and about. I'm 43 and this will be my first CCW.
    It should arrive in my mail very shortly...

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    I'm a 59 model. Carry a 1936 model Colt 1911. Makes me feel younger to carry something older. Nah!!

I've hit 40 last December.

Assistant Administrator
    can't we have a 41-42 bracket?
    Nah - no can do Kat Anyways - now you are on that ladder just realize the only way is up - hopefully!

Gunnutty - let's hear it for the 50's and 60's eh

All ol' farts unite

Quote Originally Posted by BigEd63
    hit 40
    No bruise on the forehead then Ed I hope
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links