Age Poll

This is a discussion on Age Poll within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know I'm gonna take some slack for this one.....but being on the low end of the CCW age totem pole, I wanted to see ...

View Poll Results: How old are you? [there IS more to it than that!]

Voters
296. You may not vote on this poll
  • Legal - 30

47 15.88%
  • 31-40

73 24.66%
  • 41-50

82 27.70%
  • 51-60

73 24.66%
  • 61 and up

21 7.09%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Age Poll

Age Poll

I know I'm gonna take some slack for this one.....but being on the low end of the CCW age totem pole, I wanted to see the age distribution among avid pistol carriers. I know only a handful of youngsters my age carrying concealed and have always wondered about it. There are many things to remember here - times are different now than they used to be as far as gun rights, media representation of firearms, and public opinion. I would like to see if any of this effects the desire to carry. So a few rules to my poll....

1] This is not an age war....there will be no "Well I'm older/younger than you and I have superior training/more right/better understanding BLAH BLAH BLAH! I simply want to know your age group and your idea's on if different age groups carry more often than others.

2] If you feel uncomforable selecting your age group, then fine. I don't really care. Simply decided not to participate in the poll. I really don't want to hear about it....

3] Ladies....PLEASE oh PLEASE do not berate me for making you put yourself in an age bracket. I'm terribly sorry and know that I would NEVER ask a lady her age!

4] Be honest. I know that this simple research is not the best and there is definatly room for error but I think it's within acceptance ranges.

If any of these are grossly violated, I'll ask the mod's to promptly shut this bad boy down and I'll gather my research elsewhere. Now I think that pretty much covers everything, let the voting begin.
    S&W 5906
    si vis pacem, para bellum

protego communis bona

2. Remove Ads

One of the things in this world that you can't argue with is the calendar. Accept what it says and move on. I'm 58 and have been carrying since I bought my first handgun, a new Browning Hi Power, in 1968. I still regret ever selling that one...
    noli nothis permittere te terere...

This one has been asked Before so there should be no problem with anyone responded

Theres a lot of new members now so should get a wide range ... ya should have split off 21-25 then 26-30 but no biggy

I turned 30 this year in Nov

Actually "Legal" is the best way to phrase it. An 18 year old in the active military get now get CCW in the great state of Texas if I understand the new laws correctly.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    well d2thomas i am a fossel but if if it helps my daughter got her ccw from me this year for her 21st birthday present LOL

Lead Moderator
    almost 34 .

Assistant Administrator
    "Ol' Phart" status - at 60!!

Carried since I could which for me meant as soon as I originally had my first green card. Three years ago. Now a US citizen and been here over 5 years total.

UK had no carry provisions but <cough, ahem> ................. - !!

I always felt even going back a long ways in UK that every sane and responsible person had a right to self defence which for me included the access to a firearm. Now I am a lot older I am even more keen to take this up as physically I am not in such good shape for many other means of protection.

My son is coming up 29 and has I am glad to say just gone the CCW route - later than I had hoped but this was of his own volition without much prodding from me. I was at least able to ''train him up''.

Had I been here all my life I would been carrying all that time - be assured!!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kompact9
    One of the things in this world that you can't argue with is the calendar. Accept what it says and move on. I'm 58 and have been carrying since I bought my first handgun, a new Browning Hi Power, in 1968. I still regret ever selling that one...
    ..I guess at 32, I am on the younger side so far in the poll. But one thing I am going to recognize is the amount of times I have heard that quote from older gun owners. "i still regret selling...." I have vowed not to ever sell a gun I have bought. I think of them as "men china" heirlooms in the making so to speak for my kids. Like a thread I read earlier about "dad's P85". that brought a tear to my ear. AHHH men china, I love them all.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

1952 - 2006
    I'm 53 and have been carrying since my 20's. If you don't count the military in which case I've been carrying since I was 19 starting in that wonderful vacation hamlet called Southeast Asia.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Hey Chris when you started carrying CCW were you carrying a Flintlock set of Pistols in shoulder Holsters

You are only as old as you feel.... I have been licensed and have carried a concealed weapon since I was 21 and I am now 44 (I will let you do the math)
    I plan on entering the pearly gates carrying a concealed firearm!!!

Doc,

Men China...gotta love it. Now I have an explanation for collecting "heirlooms".

Fred
    noli nothis permittere te terere...

Assistant Administrator
    Hey Chris when you started carrying CCW were you carrying a Flintlock set of Pistols in shoulder Holsters
    Hey steady young varmint - (or as we might have said in UK - ''Whippersnapper" ) LOL!

Flinter's - hell no - percussion cap, naturally. :hand25:

Matter of fact the first gun I <cough> did ever carry was a crummy Enfield in .38S&W. I kept a near equally crummy Charter Pathfinder under my pillow too. Later on tho I used to keep my M27 in a sho rig - I have often wondered what the folks in my lil' ol' home town ("village") would have thought had they known!

Flinlocks - sheesh - <mutter, mutter> -
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Another 32 here. Always been interested in carrying, but have lived in very a restricitve state for most of my "legal" years. That has recently been rectified, and am planning to carry from here out.

36 here. Been carrying since I got here in '91. Became legal in '96 when TX passed the CHL law.
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links