A Rude Pro 2nd Amendment Supporter Harassed My Daughter

This is a discussion on A Rude Pro 2nd Amendment Supporter Harassed My Daughter within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would say that the stupid / useless / nonfunctioning /pointless/ and yes even dangerous sign cost a potential $800 sale! It’s time to remove ...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: A Rude Pro 2nd Amendment Supporter Harassed My Daughter

I would say that the stupid / useless / nonfunctioning /pointless/ and yes even dangerous sign cost a potential $800 sale! It’s time to remove it before we lose more money.

The bad guys are only going to see it as unprotected targets enter here without fear of violent response.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Just because someone is pro 2A does not mean they are wise, smart, cordial, endearing, decent, or anything else. These folks deliberately stole an hour from your daughter to make a political point. They indeed should have spoken to the manager--before playing this game! Or else, gone somewhere else where there is no sign. Or completed the sale and talked to the manager later. They came in to cause trouble, and there is a name for people like that--"trouble makers."

The manager, now that he knows his sign is not in the correct form has a choice. He can take the dang thing down and serve all customers or he can put up a legal sign--for all the good that will do as far as protecting him from thugs
    Meanwhile, that couple was out of line and a poor example of humanity.

I honor those signs if not the silly owners who put them up.

On a variety of issues regarding store policies, don't harass the poor working stiff behind the counter. S/he didn't make the rules, can't change them, and can't do anything about them.

They should have gone to the store manager, owner, or if necessary to corporate headquarters.

(There may also be an element of stalking going on here if indeed you barely know these people, as they deliberately chose to cause trouble in a place where your daughter works. Some folks carry grudges forever. Even from a fender bender.)

+1 I think they knew they were not going to purchase anything as soon as they saw the sign. They saw it as a perfect time to bully someone around for there own enjoyment. If they indeed wanted to make a statement it should have been to management before they put a sales person through the wringer. All they did was to give pro 2nd people a black eye.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

I find most posts on this board are well thought out, if I were in your shoes I would take the time to ask your daughter why if she is working as a representative of that company, and this obviously has affected her ability to make income at this point, has she not informed herself on the companies policy? no doubt she has taken the time to learn about their other policies, it looks to me like the policy was never an issue before, or one that didnt matter to her because it didnt affect her income, it has now..... is this something that she really cares about? how many of her customers have done something similar over other issues? Price/service/returnpolicy etc? Part of being in retail is dealing with folks who are "wasting my time"

Honestly I do feel the people would have still bought there IF, she had a better response to the question,
    For example if the sign is not legal, she could have been better informed and simply told them "the sign is not an anti gun sign" if you can legally carry then the sign does not apply to you, if on the other hand you are breaking the law then we are simply reminding you that we dont want law breakers in our store, I know it wont deter anyone who wants to break the law, you know it as well, and I appreciate your concern for my safety as well as your own, you know the corporate lawyers,, they have to cyoa,, heck that sign is almost as funny to me as the warning on a cup of coffee.. INSERT SMILE HERE AND THEN SAY, so lets make sure your gonna be able to see any potential threats and get your new perscription filled as soon as possible....
    Upon the mention of you,, (implying they knew you or what ever) she could have cheesed them up and said well Pops does like to be able to identify his targets first, so his vision is very important to him,, so is his style,, he went with these frames for this reason,, (get a large frame for better peripheral vision and upsell that jerk)

So now the real question is this, who actually overreacted? did your daughter loose out on a sale because she didnt answer the question in an appropriate manner? what would her boss think about how she answered the question?
    has her boss told her how to react to such events? She stated the manager was not in, that the customers would have to come back to talk to the manager regarding their question, so how is it their fault that she lost out on a sale, if the sale were that important to her why didnt she pick up the phone and get an answer to the question right away! If the manager did not answer at that time then she could blame the loss of the sale where it was due,, to management!

Sure the customers were probably being a bit jerkish to her, the fact that they brought up your name indicates they knew who she was, and they may have had some ill feelings over something that you forgot about,, either way the real problem here is not that the sign is there but that the store personell are not trained to answer questions, and they were without proper supervision..

Did it ever occur to you that a lot of people do not know the difference between legal and non legal signs? A lot of people I know think I can not carry anywhere alcohol is sold,,, in fact a police officer once hassled me in my own store and told me "you know your committing a felony by carrying where alcohol is sold dont you" I honestly should have had his sergeant come and educate the leo, but I felt he must have known he was blowing smoke up my rear or he would have been required to arrest me if I was committing a felony,, I think he was just one of those leos who dont like anyone but leos having firearms..

If the sign was that big a deal to them they either intentionally wasted her 2 hours to make a point, the point as they made it is that gun owners are jerks,
    or at least thats how your daughter took it,,,,,,,,
    or they were asking an honest question, is the intent of the owner to bar legal gun carriers from the bussiness as well. And since your daugher could not answer or did not answer their question they were wise to obey her directive to come back later and talk to the manager.

The point your daughter made to them was she didnt care enough about their question to answer it, So who really lost here? they can get glasses down the street, but your daughter has lost her money,,,,,

Sorry to say this waynesan but she is the storeís representative when no manager is available. In-other-words she is the store in most peopleís eyes. The Xís donít know her economic situation and probably donít know how she is paid, or care. If she works in a store with a sign of any kind posted for the public she should know what it means and how it is viewed by some folks so she can give an intelligent answer to their questions.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

NOT the way to handle it!

My recommendation is to decide not to spend money at a posted merchant before putting a sales clerk through all that--as soon as they entered they should have sought out the manager on duty and expressed their disagreement with the posting, and vow to spend their money elsewhere.

I disagree that she holds management authority in this matter. Yes, she represents the store, but this is definitely a managment policy issue...they beat up on an innocent employee.

Here's the sign they need!

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyC4 View Post
    NOT the way to handle it!

I disagree that she holds management authority in this matter. Yes, she represents the store, but this is definitely a managment policy issue...they beat up on an innocent employee.

Here's the sign they need!

+1 I agree, if she were management she would be receiving management salary and duties.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

If I noticed the sign I would not have gone in. I would find a business that was not signed and gave them my business. And no I would not take it out on the sales people. But come back and talk to the manger and tell him why I was taking my business else where.
    John Steinbeck: Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

VIP Member

Actually, this part frightens me

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    I guess I am not following some of the posts on this one.

Why would they have brought up the girls father, the OP, if they weren't trying to make a specific point on the matter.
    This facet really has my spidey "paranoid" little brain going.

Apparently per the OP there was some sort of incident between these two and the father years back. Now, they have located the daughter and seem to be playing with her. I don't think this is about either buying eyeglasses or 2A. I think it might be about a couple of nut jobs who can't let go of the prior incident.

OP, be careful. And let your daughter be careful. Something funky might be going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    This facet really has my spidey "paranoid" little brain going.

Apparently per the OP there was some sort of incident between these two and the father years back. Now, they have located the daughter and seem to be playing with her. I don't think this is about either buying eyeglasses or 2A. I think it might be about a couple of nut jobs who can't let go of the prior incident.

OP, be careful. And let your daughter be careful. Something funky might be going on.
    I thought about that same thing and that was the point that really stuck in my mind more than anything else. They knew who she was and made the comment about her father not shopping there. I may be wrong but I don't think they ever planned to buy anything and were just trying to be AH. They sure didn't help the daughter's view of gun owners.

Besides the point of what's going on here with the persons involved (and I would be careful with these folks since they did mention the father)........
    I fail to see why people are so passive on the blatant discrimination against gun owners. "Just go somewhere else.....how's that gonna work when every company out there decides to put legal signs up? IMO, "No Guns" signs of any type are no different than either of these:

Thing is...most anybody would be angry, rant and rave, and make a big scene about either of those 2 signs, and persecute any employee for working there in any manner they could legally do so. But many gun owners are passive and don't want to make a scene about similarly discriminative signs. Yet, these same passive people are supposedly "passionate" about their gun rights.
    JL
    Ruger KP944 40 S&W
    Ruger P89 9mm

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jlangton View Post
    Besides the point of what's going on here with the persons involved (and I would be careful with these folks since they did mention the father)........
    I fail to see why people are so passive on the blatant discrimination against gun owners. "Just go somewhere else.....how's that gonna work when every company out there decides to put legal signs up? IMO, "No Guns" signs of any type are no different than either of these:

Thing is...most anybody would be angry, rant and rave, and make a big scene about either of those 2 signs, and persecute any employee for working there in any manner they could legally do so. But many gun owners are passive and don't want to make a scene about similarly discriminative signs. Yet, these same passive people are supposedly "passionate" about their gun rights.
    JL
    You mean you do not see the difference?
    Best,
    Jerry

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    When we hand out the No Guns - No Money cards we always ask for the manager. We never go shopping in the store first, just to refuse the sale. That's low and loses you more than it gains.

Just ask for the manager, hand him/her the card and tell him you hope they reviews their policy, and leave.

Why is that so hard?

Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post
    1-2% is large??...not in my math world...one reason places like Disney or eye glass stores and such do not feel threatened by the loss of revenue

Rick
    I'll put you down on my list of people that won't be interested in a mere 1-2% of the $300,000,000 I'm sure I'll be winning in the PowerBall lottery next time it gets that high...
    "It is only as retaliation that force may be used and only against the man who starts its use. No, I do not share his evil or sink to his concept of morality: I merely grant him his choice, destruction, the only destruction he had a right to choose: his own." - John Galt, from Atlas Shrugged

Quote Originally Posted by dang.45 View Post
    I'll put you down on my list of people that won't be interested in a mere 1-2% of the $300,000,000 I'm sure I'll be winning in the PowerBall lottery next time it gets that high...
    I'll bet Rosa Parks was less than 1%,yet she was able to start a small revolution.
    JL
    Ruger KP944 40 S&W
    Ruger P89 9mm

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    You mean you do not see the difference?
    Best,
    Jerry
    Ditto...one is against the law, the other not...

Wow...to tie racism to 2A. A fanatical opinion for sure...one, in my opinion, plays right into the hands of the brady bunch.

As for 1-2% and the lottery...I sure hope you win...regardless.

Rick

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links