A Rude Pro 2nd Amendment Supporter Harassed My Daughter - Page 5

A Rude Pro 2nd Amendment Supporter Harassed My Daughter

This is a discussion on A Rude Pro 2nd Amendment Supporter Harassed My Daughter within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by bandit383 Wow...to tie racism to 2A. A fanatical opinion for sure...one, in my opinion, plays right into the hands of the brady ...

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: A Rude Pro 2nd Amendment Supporter Harassed My Daughter

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post
    Wow...to tie racism to 2A. A fanatical opinion for sure...one, in my opinion, plays right into the hands of the brady bunch.
    Oh come on, Jlangton's comparison makes perfect sense! I mean, you can choose to exercise your 2nd Ammendment right to carry a firearm and you can choose to be African American. Oh wait..nope...nope, that is not right. You can choose to be Latino. No, no...that isn't right either. Oh yeah, you are right...it is a ridiculous comparison.
    Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatGonzo View Post
    Oh come on, Jlangton's comparison makes perfect sense! I mean, you can choose to exercise your 2nd Ammendment right to carry a firearm and you can choose to be African American. Oh wait..nope...nope, that is not right. You can choose to be Latino. No, no...that isn't right either. Oh yeah, you are right...it is a ridiculous comparison.
    Gonzo
    How is it ridiculous?
    It was a very small group of people that chose to act and change things when racial discrimination was stopped. It was a small group of people that chose to act and change the laws of the states that allow concealed carry. How is that any different in principal? A small group making a point in a manner that causes someone to pay attention is very effective over time.
    JL
    Ruger KP944 40 S&W
    Ruger P89 9mm

Seems to me they just wanted to waste her time. The prior incident and the no guns sign was enough ammunition for them to take your daughter for an hour and refuse the purchase.

Some people just don't have anything better to do. It's why l live alone, outside of town, and I don't bother anyone.

I'm not one to scruff off someones BS. It causes me to be an angry and revengeful SOB, not after the incident, but at the time of the incident I'm likely the guy that spits in your face, shove one down your throat and then urinates on you afterwords.

My town is small. I suspect most don't like me, but they sure as hell would never think of messing with my chidlren and they know to stay the hell away from me.
    U.S. Army retired
    18F4VW9

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    I think Mr and Mrs x are tirekickers. (A Tirekicker is somebody who walks around a car dealership( or eyeglass store) and tries out diffrent vehicles(or frames) without intentions of buying something or they buy something less than they were looking at. (Going in for a Mercedes and leaving with a Pinto)

I do not think that a defending 2A rights just busting chops
    Next time your daughter may want to whister something about the sign size or Corporate policy states that the store must have the sign but a expert markman like yourself should worry about dealing with a little sign like that.
    Everything was cool til the bill came...Probably more than they wanted to spend...

I was showing my rental property to this lady...she loved it...talked about her furniture placement...the minute we talked about security deposit and monthly rent...That's when the property was condemned by her...

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jlangton View Post
    How is it ridiculous?
    It was a very small group of people that chose to act and change things when racial discrimination was stopped. It was a small group of people that chose to act and change the laws of the states that allow concealed carry. How is that any different in principal? A small group making a point in a manner that causes someone to pay attention is very effective over time.
    JL
    I agree 100% that a small group of people can make a big difference. I also agree we have to fight vigorously to defend our 2nd Ammendment rights. But you specifically stated that those signs were "no different" than "no gun" signs. If you can't see that difference, then there is no way to explain it to you.
    Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatGonzo View Post
    I agree 100% that a small group of people can make a big difference. But you specifically stated that those signs were "no different" than "no gun" signs. If you can't see that difference, then there is no way to explain it to you.
    Gonzo
    In basic principal they are exactly the same.

dis·crim·i·na·tion:
    treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit.

Doesn't matter how you see it,it is discrimination.
    JL
    Ruger KP944 40 S&W
    Ruger P89 9mm

I would hope this incident would make one consider how he should present himself, and his objection to "No Guns" signs.

It does not good to "beat up" the workers who have zero to say about the policy. It might also be that it was the only job available. Personally I would work for an anti-gun business before I would let my family or would go hungry. I don't put that priority on "defending....rights.
    I would rather my kids work for an anti-gun business than not work and in the unemployment line.

It is a matter of common courtesy, and priorities. If one wants to be rabid about it, then do not ask me for a meal.

Regards,
    Jerry

In basic principal they are exactly the same.

dis·crim·i·na·tion:
    treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit.

Doesn't matter how you see it,it is discrimination.
    JL
    Everyone discriminates, and it is not all bad. But comparing racism with anti-gun is a poor analogy in my view.

Who does not discriminate? I don't have friends who drink, or do drugs, live immoral lifestyles, or are liberal. That is just a few things that cause me to discriminate, but race is not one of them.

For the pro gun couple to take the time from the clerks day, and end up not buying the glasses, and they knew they were not, was rude and not acceptable behavior to me. I would not have such for my friends if they acted that way.

Regards,
    Jerry

Whewww!!! I posted the OP on this thread this morning after working the night shift last night. I sure didn't expect all the responses that its received but I really appreciate everyone's replies. I guess that's why I love this forum. I think its the best. Regardless of how you come down on this issue, I think there has been a lot of good points made on all sides.

To clarify a couple of things I said this morning:
    "that sign on the door says no guns are allowed in this store."
    Mr. X questioned my daughter about "the sign on the door" and he did see it on his way into the store. It was not another sign (there is no other).

At this point Mrs. X speaks up and says "I don't think your Dad would buy anything from this store if he knew their anti 2nd Amendment policy."

(I am only vaguely familiar with these people. Mr.X and I were involved in a minor fender bender about 30 years ago where no one was charged and no hard feelings. Our paths have crossed occasionally over the years and we have never spoke more than to say "hi, how's it going" or some such greeting. I guess if you are into firearms like I am, word gets out around the community.)
    As I said about the fender bender there really were no hard feelings. We even were at the same body shop at the same time to check on getting our cars repaired and talked for a few minutes. In the last 30 years and only occasionally passing them in the mall or some such place and saying hi, we did wind up at the same portrait studio about 2 years ago where our families were having photos made. We talked that time for only about 5 minutes about nothing significant. So I really don't think they bore any grudge over time that led them to do what they did at the store where my daughter works. I do know that we have some mutual friends and I'm sure that some of the people who know me better than the Xs have mentioned to them that I am a firearms hobbyest.
    Needless to say, when my girl swung by my house to tell me about this she was really upset. She came in to where I was at and half jokingly asked me, "What's the matter with you gun people?" (She likes to jab at me when she can and she took this opportunity to dig it in.)
    She was upset because she had lost the commission, not so much because she was put on the spot by the Xs. And her question of "what's the matter with you gun people?" was just her way of digging in on "ol Dad". She loves to do that with me on a variety of subjects (just like I do her the same).

I hope this clears up any confusion I may have left in the OP.
    Great thread and I hope we all learn something from this.
    Raising children is like being pecked to death by a chicken every day.

She was upset because she had lost the commission, not so much because she was put on the spot by the Xs. And her question of "what's the matter with you gun people?" was just her way of digging in on "ol Dad". She loves to do that with me on a variety of subjects (just like I do her the same.)
    Although we do not know if she had an opportunity to make a sale otherwise, to take a clerks time who works on a commission, and maybe make her miss a sale, is little better than outright stealing from her.

Again, we might ask, "Have I been similarly rude to someone else's daughter or son who was trying to make a living?" Is it OK for us to be rude to others, but not ours?

Regards,
    Jerry

Maybe "Mr. X" is lurking in this forum trying to see all your responses.

Maybe they didn't like OP's Daughters personality and decided not to purchase. I say this only because we're only hearing one side. Maybe she was having a bad day etc....

Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post

For the pro gun couple to take the time from the clerks day, and end up not buying the glasses, and they knew they were not,
    Regards,
    Jerry
    Jerry,with all due respect and courtesy,you do not know this for a fact,as I don't know for a fact otherwise. One fact that we do know is that a salesperson in a commission only job didn't sell something,and is irritated about it. In the same frame of mind as those arguing that the customer knew that they weren't gonna buy-one could say this salesperson is upset about the reasoning as to why the customer declined to purchase.
    JL
    Ruger KP944 40 S&W
    Ruger P89 9mm

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    To the OP, sorry to hear that your daughter had her feelings hurt. No dad wants their little girl to get their feelings hurt, including me. However, I have to applaud Mr. and Mrs. X for making their decision and sticking to it. I think probably 80 percent of this forum would not have done business there. They may have wasted an hour of your daughter's life but they also wasted an hour of their life in a business that doesn't support their 2A rights also. It's too bad it took them that long to realize that.

I understand that you feel that it's not her deal but she chose to work for a company with that policy and she is the customer interface. If she doesn't like dealing with that issue, then she should find another job. Sorry but your not going to find sympathy here.

Jerry,with all due respect and courtesy,you do not know this for a fact,as I don't know for a fact otherwise. One fact that we do know is that a salesperson in a commission only job didn't sell something,and is irritated about it. In the same frame of mind as those arguing that the customer knew that they weren't gonna buy-one could say this salesperson is upset about the reasoning as to why the customer declined to purchase.
    JL
    Correct, I do not know it for a fact. However, it is not uncommon if we read posts on these type forums, for one to see a no gun sign, and make the decision that he will not buy anything, but wants to make a point.
    I personally know folks like that.

If the customers had stated their objections and then left that would have been OK. If you do not like the business for whatever reason don't patronize it.
    But they tied up the clerk for an hour if I recall without re-reading.
    It is not outside the realm of possibility that they had not made a decision until the glasses were fitted etc. However, it is almost outside the realm of reason considering the attitudes of many.

I think the sales person has a right to be upset when one takes an hour out of her day when she might make a sale otherwise, and then the customer does not buy not because of the merchandise, but because of the attitude of the business. They knew that going in.

I could very well be mistaken, but until I know more facts about the people and the glasses I am going to assume their actions were meant to harass.

Regards,
    Jerry

If the people knew going in they were not going to buy anything and did "waste the sales persons time" just to make a point then they're jerks plain and simple.
    I cant believe the people that don't see the difference between a business refusing you service because of the color of their skin, which you can't control, and refusing to do business with you because "you choose to carry a firearm" something you can control.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links