Defensive Carry banner

NC CCW wait time

7K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  MangoTangoJK 
#1 ·
Hey Everyone,

searched for a related thread and couldn't find one.

Is anyone here from Cabarrus County, North Carolina and can you give me your wait time on receiving your permit?

I know its max 90 days to hear back but im getting anxious (sort of like a kid waiting for something he ordered to come in the mail) and looking forward to carrying.

thanks

#7 ·
Each county will have there own timeline to get them back. really based on how many apps are coming into the county and how many people are working on them.

For example 4 people that took my conceal carry class with me live in forsyth co. ALL 4 had here license BACK 1 week after I was able to apply in guilford.
They were able to walk in apply and have it back.
Where I had to setup an appointment and wait more than 30 days to apply. and guilford is still 75-90 days turn around.

So it varries

#10 ·
Agree with SouthernZ71, the law states 90 days they either "shall issue" or tell you why not.

A friend of mine had to contest his denial. He was turned down because he had a medical discharge from the army for a back injury of all things. After his audiance with the Guilford County Sheriff he was approved.

#12 ·
Forsyth County NC Wait time

Wow, Forsyth County is awesome. I submitted my paperwork on Jan 8th and, my Permit was ready by Feb 11th. The permit actually had Jan 31st on it so I am guessing it was ready then. Forsyth County only has two people dedicated to getting these done so, I must say I am impressed.

Please keep in mind that Forsyth County takes up to fifty request a day and yet they still get the job done. No 2 month wait trying to get in to see them. Just walk in with your paperwork and money. If your county is giving you the run around I suggest you remember that on Election day.

filtered or not? :danceban:

#15 ·
Or you could start a new thread that isn't polluted with 4+ year old info in the first half page. New threads are cheap. There are a few other threads here about NC CHP wait times with very current discussions.

#14 ·
Look at the bright side Slim...w/a CC permit/license you don't have to wait 3 days to pickup a new handgun. Just the time to do the 4473 and you're done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.