Cargo Pant Pocket Carry

Cargo Pant Pocket Carry

This is a discussion on Cargo Pant Pocket Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello all...I have been carrying my PM9 in a Desantis Superfly holster in the cargo pocket on the side of my shorts. It does not ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cargo Pant Pocket Carry

Cargo Pant Pocket Carry

Hello all...I have been carrying my PM9 in a Desantis Superfly holster in the cargo pocket on the side of my shorts. It does not feel uncomfortable to me but the pistol sure does bounce around quite a bit when walking. The holster holds the pistol up right, and the trigger is well protected, but I am concerned about the few more that gentle hits that the pistol takes from my thigh by standard physical activity through out the day. The pistol moves around and is hit a whole lot more, than traditional pocket carry or IWB carry. Do any of you see any potential issues with carrying in this fashion?

Is the gun bouncing around in the holster or is the holster WITH the gun bouncing around in the pocket?
    Mr. President: They didn't die for open borders.

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier.

The gun with the holster is bouncing around.

I carry my 642 in my lower cargo pocket quite frequently. Yes, it does 'swing' a bit more than I'd like and it occasionally hits things if I take a corner to tight. Minor hits probably won't be a problem. I just try to stear clear of hard objects as best I can. You want to make sure your trigger is kept safe and doesn't come in contact with anything in any way that can pull it.

If you're not comfortable with this type of carry I would suggest you find another way.
    Member: GeorgiaCarry.Org

Apparently it is annoying enough to post about, so I would switch to another method of carry. (IMHO)
    Mr. President: They didn't die for open borders.

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier.

It's not annoying or uncomfortable...I am asking more along the lines of potential to cause an AD by the frequent bumping.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixintu View Post
    Apparently it is annoying enough to post about, so I would switch to another method of carry. (IMHO)
    I agree. I have a buddy that carries this same way and he has the same complaint. I like 5.11 holster shirt.

Hey have you checked out these Handgun holsters designed to conceal your handgun in a concealed carry holster system yet? Would definitely work for the bouncing problem. If you insist on carrying in cargo pants, this looks like the way to go. What do you think?
    EVIL PREVAILS WHEN GOOD MEN FAIL TO ACT.

Quote Originally Posted by damysteryman View Post
    It's not annoying or uncomfortable...I am asking more along the lines of potential to cause an AD by the frequent bumping.
    Kahr has drop safety built in...they've even passed the drop test to California's satisfaction.

That baby ain't goin off unless the trigger is pulled, plain and simple.
    And the DeSantis covers that, eh?

I power walk 3-8 miles most every day with PM9 in my cargo shorts pocket.

- OS

How is it to draw from this position? It easy to reach? Does the pistol come clear of the holster easily?

The way I am built I don't think I could draw from that pocket unless I was seated and I'd be concerned that the holster would come out of the pocket with the gun.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyglock View Post
    Hey have you checked out these Handgun holsters designed to conceal your handgun in a concealed carry holster system yet? Would definitely work for the bouncing problem. If you insist on carrying in cargo pants, this looks like the way to go. What do you think?
    I have looked at them, and they almost seem to be more work than what it's worth (being that you have to cut open your pansts), but I do thank you for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyKen View Post
    How is it to draw from this position? It easy to reach? Does the pistol come clear of the holster easily?

The way I am built I don't think I could draw from that pocket unless I was seated and I'd be concerned that the holster would come out of the pocket with the gun.

Ken
    For me it is easy to draw from the postition as my arms are pretty long, and the pistol comes out of the holster as it should no problems.

Cargo Pants Pocket Carry

I carry on the strong side in the highest pocket. I carry either a P32 with pocket holster or XD 9 SC with a desantis pocket holster. I carry other junk in lower pockets. That way my gun is easily accessible and doesn't bonce around.

Robert Mika makes pocket holsters that are very inexpensive, and they are a little bulky to suit me. They get good reports.

However, you might find the bulk an advantage for your need. You might want to take a look.
    Mika's Pocket Holsters - Custom Made Pocket Holsters, Waistband Holsters, Vest Holsters, Tactical Pocket Mirrors And Much More.

Regards,
    Jerry

When wearing cargo shorts, I carry strongside in the highest pocket, too. Usually, a J-Frame (640-1 or 637-1).

The strongside Cargo pockets will usually contain a couple of speed strips. I found that speed loaders are too uncomfortable when they bang against my knee.

Cargo pant pocket carry

The pocket holster was designed way before cargo shorts came about. I like wearing cargo shorts but carry in the high pocket,strong side. In the cargo pockets I carry my wallet on one side and my keys in the other. Might try the high pocket carry for a while.Bet you will like it after a while. My $.02 worth.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links