Am i missing something?

Am i missing something?

This is a discussion on Am i missing something? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Am i missing something? I know this is a handy book and I am going to get one when i get out of school and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Am i missing something?

Am i missing something? I know this is a handy book and I am going to get one when i get out of school and have time to read it but Gutmakers site is selling it for $26.

Whats this guy thinking? $200??
    Florida Firearms Law Use Ownership Jon H Gutmacher NEW! - eBay (item 180280533818 end time Sep-20-08 19:44:30 PDT)

VIP Member
    No, you aren't missing anything. He is asking $199.95 for this book. I don't see a problem? He can ask whatever price he wishes, and purchasers can decide if they want to pay that price. He may not sell it at that price. Then it is his choice to lower his price or keep the item.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

amazon is selling the 2006 version for $100 (via third parties). I think the book isn't that easy to find which makes for an inefficient market. You can still order it direct from the author for $27.
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

jfl
    Quote Originally Posted by fernset View Post
    Am i missing something? I know this is a handy book and I am going to get one when i get out of school and have time to read it but Gutmakers site is selling it for $26.

Florida Firearms Law Use Ownership Jon H Gutmacher NEW! - eBay (item 180280533818 end time Sep-20-08 19:44:30 PDT)
    Not surprised; many times have I seen items on ebay sell for much more than you would pay in a store (on-line or not).
    I guess people get carried away in bidding...
    Yeah, ebay can be strange ... but asking is not getting.
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Maybe, just maybe, he accidentally pushed the "9" button one to many times? Maybe it is supposed to be $19.95, not 199.95? OR, maybe he is freaking nuts....
    EVIL PREVAILS WHEN GOOD MEN FAIL TO ACT.

Maybe you can find it at your city library. It's cheaper. The library in my town has concealed carry books, but I am not sure if they have that one.

Good luck!
    "[A]rms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine, Thoughts On Defensive War, 1775

DC Founder
    It is obvious to me that he just does not want to post a realistic "Buy It Now" price, nor want anyone to see what has been bid. There is currently one offer on the book and I expect that this is one of those techniques developed by the heavyweight eBay sellers to wring the most money out of an item. If someone really wanted that book, the high "Buy It Now" price would probably encourage them to work backward towards the price you would really be willing to pay....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

He is trolling for a sucker that does not know any better. Free market, nobody is forced to pay a ridiculous price, unless they choose to do so.
    Last edited by sass20485; September 4th, 2008 at 08:23 PM.

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    Here's the author's website. The book's $36.95 shipped.
    Order the book, Florida Firearms: Law, Use and Ownership

When you order it from Jon, ask for a couple of his business cards too. Good to have in your wallet next to your cwl....just in case.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Buy it here...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

excellent book by a great guy.

if you just want to give away $200, give it directly to jon -- not some ebay scammer. :)

I looked on ebay as well i thought it might have been a typo but i also found an earlier edition (3rd edition being sold for $119.00 I have the 6th edition where i paid $26.95 as for the book being hard to find most gun shops here in orlando have them for sale for the same price on the book.

I bought it in my local gun store.

Administrator
    This is a great country.
    I sell on Ebay. Nothing listed recently though.
    I usually list my items at whatever I pay for them with no reserve...and I let my auctions begin there.
    I have had things listed with opening bids of $5.00 and $22.00 hit $500.00 and $750.00.
    I'm always happy to take your money if you are wanting to give it to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links