Employed at a Tennessee Park

This is a discussion on Employed at a Tennessee Park within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If I understand correctly, someone employed at an 'alcohol-serving-establishment' may carry only provided that he has permission and blessing of the owner/operator. Does this apply ...

Thread: Employed at a Tennessee Park

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar

Employed at a Tennessee Park

If I understand correctly, someone employed at an 'alcohol-serving-establishment' may carry only provided that he has permission and blessing of the owner/operator.

Does this apply to parks? If someone is employed by an event board and the event takes place in a park, can he carry with permission and blessing of the management?

I do know that I have seen armed security guards at an event at a civic center (legally equivalent to a park) alongside police officers; I assume that they are registered armed security guards.

DC, particularly TNDC, help me figure out if an employee of an event at a park can carry. Gracias.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

2. Remove Ads

Well, you have read the statute, yes?
    I see no loophole for you. But then, I haven't stayed in a Holiday Inn Express in some time...

If you haven't:
    Legal Resources-TN
    39-17-1311.

- OS

I doubt it. I have a client that is a private school I have been given permission to carry there at all times. Doesn't matter. The law (applying to me anyway) doesn't give any exceptions on school grounds.
    I don't remember seeing any exceptions in TN parks either.
    You might visit
    Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • Index page
    or
    Tennessee Gun Owners
    and seek form TN specific advice...I'm I'm thinking your out of luck
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

VIP Member
    I don't see any exception for your case either. I sorry to say I think the answer is no.
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    It appears that only registered armed guards employed at Tennessee parks would be allowed to carry.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Links