The last of my carry licenses arrived today

This is a discussion on The last of my carry licenses arrived today within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This all started in early summer securing the applications, getting copies of my birth certificate, finger print cards and duplicates, notarization of all my docs, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The last of my carry licenses arrived today

Thumbs up The last of my carry licenses arrived today

This all started in early summer securing the applications, getting copies of my birth certificate, finger print cards and duplicates, notarization of all my docs, check and triple check to be sure my papers were in order etc.

And in today a Florida non-resident license arrived in the mail, the last of the batch.
    So now I have in reverse order as non-resident FL, CT, WV, and NH.
    Along with resident license/permit in MA and VA.

Sigh...

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Very good. Sounds like you are about as covered as you can be for East coast as well as a good portion of the rest of the country.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Way to support our cause, good job!!! Just curious what permit was the most hassle?

How do you go about getting coverage for the states you aren't covered for?

Oklahoma is good in 33 States, how do I get covered for the others?

Congrats and thanks.

VIP Member
    Congratulations Janq, I'm sure it's worth all the work!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by JAT40 View Post
    Way to support our cause, good job!!! Just curious what permit was the most hassle?
    JAT,

CT was the most hassle.

I called and requested the non-resident packet which is a large amount of papers and fingerprint cards.
    I went through the packet very carefully being sure to check and double check all entries because the fee is non refundable which they state in their packet.
    It's a very good thing I _studied_ the packet closely and read everything there in because off of that I noticed that they had not sent me a duplicate finger print card for the Fed background check. There are supposed to be two fingerprint cards for each processing in blue and green. They had only sent me three, two blue and one green.
    I called back and roughly a week later a new packet arrived with all new cards in the correct amount.
    Then there was getting all of these cards fingerprinted which my local PD low totem pole guy did not appreciate and he expressed this to me in som many words noting he is too busy to be doing this. But he had to as I was charged IIRC $10 by my town clerk for his time and the ink toward this 'service'. Dude spent the whole time cop questioning me as to who I am, why am I here, am I applying for a law enforcement job, am I military, am I a Fed, why am I here if none of the above (!), where are you from you don't seem to be from around here (I get that alot), are you a professor at one of the colleges ( I get that alot too), why are you here then if you are not a student nor a professor....and this went on for 45 minutes as he did the CT and FL cards.
    Annoying and frankly IMHO rude, but I want my freedoms damn it so I endured while being short and generic with my answers and responses being as none of this is any of his business nor germane to his job at hand.

Also I had to get two checks cut to them both postal money orders to cover the app fee and then secondarily the fed background check fee. That cost me unnecessary coin via the USPS on top of the expensive postal fees to cover sending all this junk back in an envelope that would keep the finger print cards from being bent.

The least troublesome was WV with turnaround inside of 30 days.
    All of these were hand delivered together across the counter at my local USPS on the same day nearly 90 days ago.

I am waiting for the day when I can go back to my home and get a DC permit too.
    But I'm afraid I'll turn blue, then purple, and ultimately underground an ashen white before they begin issuing CCW permits to anyone.

- Janq

P.S. - I never travel to FL. The only reason I picked it up too is to support the first state, and it's peoples, who endorsed the citizen carry permit effort. Also I wanted to skew the numbers as much as I could toward lawful law abiding CCWs and FL is one of the few states that publicly releases it's numbers toward as much.
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Permit Contacts

Janq, could you provide me and the others the information on whom you contacted so we could do the same thing if we desire? I travel up and down the east coast and even though a bunch of the states have reciprocity with PA, I'd still like to consider getting non-resident permits.

Janq,

Just curious, how long did it take to get Florida? I submitted my application about a month ago.

Thanks

Congratulations! You get several "Gold Stars" for all of the effort, and the results!

OK, I'm going to ask...why do you need so many?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

NH just cashed my check for their non-resident permit. I'll have my VA CHP and NH's, which covers all of the South (minus South Carolina, but Im still hoping SC will recognize VA before I die ) and most of the West.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . .
    ----- Thomas Jefferson

NRA member

How did you get ahold of a MA permit? Special qualifications? Is it legal in the city of Boston too? I live close, but I'm not familiar with MA law yet.

Wink Retsupt99

Sounds to me like he doesn't need that many, he wanted to get that many. Heck, if he responds to my request and provides the benefit of his research, I'm thinking about doing the same even though I don't "need" them. Kinda like guns I guess, can't have too many.

JerryDonlan,

Go to the following website and click on left side
    "NON-RESIDENT PERMITS"

http://handgunlaw.us/

This ia a great source for who to apply to and what you need to apply.

bosco
    Last edited by boscobeans; September 10th, 2008 at 12:28 AM. Reason: forgot the website-duh-sorry

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Janq,

Just curious, how long did it take to get Florida? I submitted my application about a month ago.

Thanks
    They were the longest to respond, it was like 87 or 88 days.
    I'd called their inquiry support line for applicants last Wednesday to inquire and was told the application was approved on 9/2.

- Janq

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links