Loaded

Loaded

This is a discussion on Loaded within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a question, for those that are veterans in carrying loaded weapons. How long did it take you to carry your weapon loaded? I ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Loaded

Loaded

I have a question, for those that are veterans in carrying loaded weapons.

How long did it take you to carry your weapon loaded?

I know of some folks that don't have one in the chamber, but for those that have been carrying for a while how long did it take you to decide to keep one in the chamber.

what were some of the steps you took to get you there.

No smart answers ,

Regards,

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I carried loaded from day one . At first my " mandated " carry was a revolver , but as i transitioned to autos i have never yet seen an auto for sale in the usa that is unsafe to have a loaded chamber .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    I carried loaded from day one . At first my " mandated " carry was a revolver , but as i transitioned to autos i have never yet seen an auto for sale in the usa that is unsafe to have a loaded chamber .
    Were you around guns prior to this? is that why you decided to carry it loaded?

what about someone that has never be around them except a pellet gun?

If your ever going to need a gun your going to need it quick.

While I'm not advocating ever one needs to learn quick draw, (but I do practice this) I am saying that having to delay 3 seconds to load one in the chamber could get you killed.

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    I have been carry for 25 years. I was around guns most my life but was trained by my father poorly. If you have not been around guns much..........get trained......being untrained and carrying a weapon is not a good thing.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

After I trained my mind and finger to stay off the trigger and always keep it on the frame at all times while handling... loaded or unloaded. It was no longer an issue for me.

Administrator
    About as long as it took me to understand the mechanical workings of my carry gun, the rules of gun safety and that action is faster than reaction; which was about ten minutes.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    I have been carry for 25 years. I was around guns most my life but was trained by my father poorly. If you have not been around guns much..........get trained......being untrained and carrying a weapon is not a good thing.
    +1

The only way to carry an auto for self-defense is loaded with one in the pipe. As someone said, the few seconds it takes to chamber a round would not only make carrying a moot point in any sort of up-close and fast confrontation, which most SD events are, but it could also lead to your rapid demise.

If you're not comfortable carrying loaded, then you probably need some more experience with firearms. Learn how they operate, how their safeties work, and just get comfortable handling them. It won't be an issue after that.

IMO the only way to properly carry a 1911 for SD purposes is cocked & locked, and I'm never nervous about it because I understand why -- however others can be freaked out by it, which is why they should never see it.
    David

Kimber Pro CDP II • Colt Combat Commander • Glock 26 GNS • Ruger Mark III 22/45 • Kahr CW9 (sold)

i carried loaded, but none in the chamber for a few days...now, there is ALWAYS one in the chamber. You may not have the time to rack the slide in a defense situation.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    About as long as it took me to understand the mechanical workings of my carry gun, the rules of gun safety and that action is faster than reaction; which was about ten minutes.
    +1. As it has been said before, that second or 2 that it takes you to rack it you could be gone.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

I've always carried "loaded". Four Glocks and one SAO cocked and locked. If I just carried around a pistol unloaded, I'd be a liability to myself. How did I ever get to this point? When I decided to carry, when I told myself I'd never be a victim.

From day one, but that may be my mechanic's background. Guns to me are just another mechanical device. Understanding how they function leaves me no more worried about having a round in the chamber than having gas in my car. I know the car isn't going anywhere unless I perform a sequence of actions (turn the ignition key, put in gear, press accelerator). Same concept for a gun. As some other far wiser poster has said, "Keep your booger hook off of the bang switch" and you won't have a problem.
    Mr. President: They didn't die for open borders.

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    I've always carried "loaded". Four Glocks and one SAO cocked and locked. If I just carried around a pistol unloaded, I'd be a liability to myself. How did I ever get to this point? When I decided to carry, when I told myself I'd never be a victim.
    4 glocks? sounds like u have weapons or war or an assassins kit to me!
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Good question and responses. I too have not gone with one in the chamber but plan too soon.

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    From day one.

If your not comfortable carrying loaded it just means u need more training. Of course on every forum this is a weekly discusion so here goes.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links