Close Call?!?

This is a discussion on Close Call?!? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't know if I almost got made tonight or not. I was putting my little girl in her car seat. Bent over, I knew ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Close Call?!?

Close Call?!?

I don't know if I almost got made tonight or not. I was putting my little girl in her car seat. Bent over, I knew that I was printing. We were on the Main Street, cars coming up on my rear, I know there was a bulge from the grip.

As I got done and was getting in the car, I notice an officer had driven by. They went on, but when I was getting ready to pull out, one came driving back up the street and took a pretty good look at me as I was pulling out of the spot.

I got a little nervous, but I guess she decided I wasn't a threat, if she noticed at all. I know I need to conceal better. I've only got an OWB paddle now and use a button down shirt for cover. As soon as funds come available I'm looking at a CrossBreed IWB.

Paranoid? I don't know.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    It is ok, do not they have open carry in Va?

paranoid

but props on the situational awareness, it should tell you something about your mindset.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    If you were perfectly legal you have no worries. Its not a crime to print in most states and if you are licensed to carry concealed that makes you a legally armed CITIZEN.

We need to stop being afraid of the police knowing we are armed. They arent the Law, they are there to enforce the Law. They cant enforce Laws that dont exist.

One day, soon I hope, we armed citizens will no longer be looked at as the bad guys.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

VIP Member
    No worries... good to know the coppers in your area are paying attention!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

TIP: Bend at the knees to help avoid "printing".

Biker

My reading comprehension is lousy after working all evening.

It seems like it's almost impossible to bend at the knees when placing a child in a car seat. With that said, get better gear, Holster and Belt. Also, if you're legal, don't act nervous.

OK, I'm done giving tips tonight. I'm off to bed.

Biker

Paranoid
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    It is OK to be a little paranoid. As far as printing I don't believe there are many of us that don't a little every now and then. Just relax and except that 99.9% of the people will never think that bulge is a gun.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    So you got made.
    It's no biggie.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

Thanks for all the replies. I guess I am a little paranoid and a little nervous about that first time that I have an encounter with LEO and need to tell then I'm legally armed. I'm sure it would be okay, but I'm still nervous. It is a good point that the LEO's are paying attention. As far as open carry in VA, it is legal, but not in my town of Marion. I know they can't legally make an ordinance that supercedes state law, but they did and I don't want to be the test case to overturn their illegal ordinance.

Thanks again for the advice. I am getting an IWB holster along with, probably a wilderness intructor belt. Thanks again.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Tally XD View Post
    If you were perfectly legal you have no worries. Its not a crime to print in most states and if you are licensed to carry concealed that makes you a legally armed CITIZEN.

We need to stop being afraid of the police knowing we are armed. They arent the Law, they are there to enforce the Law. They cant enforce Laws that dont exist.

One day, soon I hope, we armed citizens will no longer be looked at as the bad guys.

I agree with you completely on this. Open carry is legal here in MN. While I don't, I also don't worry if I print a little or my cover garment is blown open in the wind from time to time. I use a Tucker Gunleather IWB.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Another "you got made, good police work, and no biggie " comment.

And... it speaks to the fact that carriers as a rule need not be as paranoid as many on the net would have them believe.
    God, country, family.

SmartCarry! I own 2 and they are not for everybody, but its great to conceal so well.
    Kahr K9
    Sig P239 9mm DAK
    Sig P229 .40 SAS GenII
    Sig P250 9mm

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev Al View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. I guess I am a little paranoid and a little nervous about that first time that I have an encounter with LEO and need to tell then I'm legally armed. I'm sure it would be okay, but I'm still nervous. It is a good point that the LEO's are paying attention. As far as open carry in VA, it is legal, but not in my town of Marion. I know they can't legally make an ordinance that supercedes state law, but they did and I don't want to be the test case to overturn their illegal ordinance.
    Thanks again for the advice. I am getting an IWB holster along with, probably a wilderness intructor belt. Thanks again.
    You need to contact VCDL if the city does indeed have a law prohibiting OC. I'm sure they will take the city to task if they do have a law on the books.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    You need to contact VCDL if the city does indeed have a law prohibiting OC. I'm sure they will take the city to task if they do have a law on the books.
    +1...great orginazation!
    You can never have enough magazines or ammo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links