Gas And Guns - Page 2

Gas And Guns

This is a discussion on Gas And Guns within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Last evening I saw prices still +/- $3.85, but the 11:00 news showed a local station posting of $4.69.... guess I'd better go fill up ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gas And Guns

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Last evening I saw prices still +/- $3.85, but the 11:00 news showed a local station posting of $4.69.... guess I'd better go fill up for Monday now (with my current commute, I need to fill up 2-3 times a week).
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Haven't checked the gas prices since early yesterday, but I had my wife top off the tank on our Santa Fe at $3.45 yesterday while she was on thje way home from her doctor's office. It the cost of gas and food goes much higher here, I have 88 acres loaded with rabbits, squirrels and deer as well as plenty of ammo.

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rmodel65 View Post
    could be a lot more expensive to keep it low, after you burn up the fuel pump because it overheated.
    Or clog the filter with sediment from the bottom of the tank. Or run out of gas somewhere isolated. The list goes on and on....
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

gas prices

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    Last evening I saw prices still +/- $3.85, but the 11:00 news showed a local station posting of $4.69.... guess I'd better go fill up for Monday now (with my current commute, I need to fill up 2-3 times a week).
    saw a news story about gas prices.
    gov. granholm and A.G. mike cox
    set up another hotline for gas stations
    that start price gouging. if i recall right,
    they did the same thing a couple yrs.
    ago. i think it was hurricane related.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

the supply vs demand side of the equation pushes the price, limits the supply and comfort zones disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by gmitch40 View Post
    Here in my neck of the woods it started getting crazy last night. My father-in-law called me to let me know lines were already forming at the gas stations.

I had to go to Wally World anyway and decided to top off before prices went any higher. The local station was packed with cars five deep at each pump. I just went to a station a little farther away and drove right up to the pump. Then went to Wal-Mart and home.

Staying clear of the chaos was a priority. Local news reported police having to be located at some gas stations due to the rush and stations limiting people to 10 gallons per vehicle.

It is a sad commentary on our society's fragile psychology more than anything. People are more and more reactionary and because they are less and less prepared. When the government seems unable to give people peace of mind they seem to just freak out.

Wait until we have issues with other necessities of life like food. Society could melt down quickly.

Please excuse the rant.
    This will be the SHTF scenario the many think can never happen...roving bands of thug gangs wouldn't be far behind. See info on Argentina in 2000 for a 'shot of reality'.

Stay armed...it could be your only safety net...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Rossman View Post
    the supply vs demand side of the equation pushes the price, limits the supply and comfort zones disappear.
    Short supply is a myth. My brother was a saturation diver off of oil rigs in the Gulf. He spent a decade 70's to the 80's capping off producing productive oil wells. There is plenty of oil. The oil companies know where it is. They have drilled for it, found it, the wells are in but they do not bring it up. Some of the stories he has about spills and fires make the Exxon spill look like nothing.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

The President warned this morning about gouging. I would say keep your receipts if you are being gouged. Take pictures with your cameras. Report these jackasses!

$5.17 here in MS . During Katrina we had multiple shootings at gas stations. As of today, I passed 4 out of 6 stations that were out of gas.
    My USP is never far away(on my hip) but it has been on my mind more these last few days. We have so many evacuees coming thru here that I don't trust anyone!!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    Taught my daughters that it costs the same to keep the tank full as it does near empty.
    It costs less to keep it full. Not only does the "bottom" of the tank have more crud, fuel is the coolant for costly fuel pumps; running around on E burns them up.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

This isn't much in the way of a protest, but ever since the price of regular gas passed $2.00 per gallon, I have refused to purchase anything other than gas at gas stations. I do not buy soft drinks, food or even things like windshield washer fluid from them. I stop at somewhere that does not sell gas to buy these items. I might have to buy their $4.00+ a gallon gas, but I do not have to give them my money for other things. One of the things that really bugs me about some of the local stations is that I not only have to pay their price gouging prices for fuel, but I also have to listen to a commercial for their food and drinks playing loudly over an intercom or loud speaker while I pump it. I do,however have no problems with stopping to use their bathrooms, because, I at least get to P*** on them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links