Gas And Guns

Gas And Guns

This is a discussion on Gas And Guns within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I do not know if it is real or what but people are going crazy here in Monroe, La over gas. Witnessed an incident between ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gas And Guns

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar

Gas And Guns

I do not know if it is real or what but people are going crazy here in Monroe, La over gas. Witnessed an incident between a man and woman that almost became violent. I had just left school picking up my Kids and stopped to buy them a drink and witnessed it. Stay patient, stay safe and dont forget that as times like this approach and people get desperate they will do stupid things. Always heard desperate and stupid were twin ugly sisters. Because of these going on do you intenionally become more aware of your surroundings.
    Chime in if you have seen this in your area and what you are doing.
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Springfield Armory Service XD 40
    Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
    Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
    Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special

Planning ahead means topped off gas cans in the shed...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Taught my daughters that it costs the same to keep the tank full as it does near empty.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

People panic, the more people panic, the worse things get. Some reasons may be the media, and rumors. Some things may come true. I had heard gasoline was to take a huge jump in the next couple of days in our area due to Hurricane Ike and off shore drilling rigs being damaged. Threat of the supply seems to always lead to panic. I remember 9-11. I didn't have to be at work until noon that day (Wednesday), so I started out on my normal routine for Wednesdays and was headed for the gas station to fill up, and then my local gun shop. When I got to the highway and ready to turn right, I noticed a lot of vehicles stopped out in the street on the other side at the gas station. I looked at the price on the marquis to see $3.00 per gallon! Panic price gouging, and panic buying. Terrible combination. Whenever I see that same sort of panic buying by the general public, I once again realize just how much I dislike a lot of my fellow human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    Taught my daughters that it costs the same to keep the tank full as it does near empty.
    Very true
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Here in my neck of the woods it started getting crazy last night. My father-in-law called me to let me know lines were already forming at the gas stations.

I had to go to Wally World anyway and decided to top off before prices went any higher. The local station was packed with cars five deep at each pump. I just went to a station a little farther away and drove right up to the pump. Then went to Wal-Mart and home.

Staying clear of the chaos was a priority. Local news reported police having to be located at some gas stations due to the rush and stations limiting people to 10 gallons per vehicle.

It is a sad commentary on our society's fragile psychology more than anything. People are more and more reactionary and because they are less and less prepared. When the government seems unable to give people peace of mind they seem to just freak out.

Wait until we have issues with other necessities of life like food. Society could melt down quickly.

Please excuse the rant.

Quote Originally Posted by gmitch40 View Post
    Here in my neck of the woods it started getting crazy last night. My father-in-law called me to let me know lines were already forming at the gas stations.

I had to go to Wally World anyway and decided to top off before prices went any higher. The local station was packed with cars five deep at each pump. I just went to a station a little farther away and drove right up to the pump. Then went to Wal-Mart and home.

Staying clear of the chaos was a priority. Local news reported police having to be located at some gas stations due to the rush and stations limiting people to 10 gallons per vehicle.

It is a sad commentary on our society's fragile psychology more than anything. People are more and more reactionary and because they are less and less prepared. When the government seems unable to give people peace of mind they seem to just freak out.

Wait until we have issues with other necessities of life like food. Society could melt down quickly.

Please excuse the rant.
    That Is why I reload, to make sure I have enough ammo for those days ahead. Amazing how ammo and deer meat make me feel secure at times.

Near my local shopping mall.....this is getting rediculous...

I will not leave the house without my weapon until this passes....I forsee this getting worse before it gets better...

Quote Originally Posted by gmitch40 View Post
    People are more and more reactionary and because they are less and less prepared. When the government seems unable to give people peace of mind they seem to just freak out.

Please excuse the rant.
    No need to excuse it because I think you are exactly right.

I'm doing my best to be prepared so I won't have to be in those last-minute lines, whatever lines they may be for.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    could be a lot more expensive to keep it low, after you burn up the fuel pump because it overheated.
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

When I left the house this am, gas was $3.79 a gallon, by tonite (just came in a minute ago) it was up to $4.69 some places. Add that to the fact that you don't want to use a credit card because they charge extra for it, and you have a bunch of people with cash waiting in lines for the scumbags to strike. Stay armed, stay aware!

I told my wife, until this all passes, gas it going to go through the roof...cost of items is going up, and people are going to get nuts. Unfortunately, I think she's going to wait until something bad happens, and if she survives, then she'll get her permit.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Wow.....I've only seen it jump by about 20 cents, so far.
    G17, G26

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil...

No change here in Colorado and no change is expected!! Our prayers and thoughts here in Colorado go out to all those effected by IKE!!

Here in Lubbock some stations have gone down and some have gone up. But hey.....the world is comming to an end!
    Randy
    "The only purpose for a pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should have never laid down". -unknown

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links