Would you disarm to meet a candidate?

This is a discussion on Would you disarm to meet a candidate? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by FN1910 Are you refusing to disarm because you want to protest and stand on principles or are you concerned for your safety? ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Would you disarm to meet a candidate?

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    Are you refusing to disarm because you want to protest and stand on principles or are you concerned for your safety?
    Maintaining my safety is the point. Call it what you will, but that's a principle worth standing on.

Said a different way, the silly candidate's ability to breathe a bit more easily will not save me from getting jacked in the parking lot of upscale attendees as we leave a known "event," nor avoid something on the way home.

Grousing at a public gathering isn't going to help much, if at all. Worst case, the ones with ruffled feathers will jump on the lever and send the karma wheel spinning your direction.

All in all, things like this are why I refuse to attend such social engagements. They're not worth it, to me, in a myriad of ways. Safety and security is only one of them.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

2. Remove Ads

Depends on the situation, but if I am asked to someones house and they humbly request that I don't carry inside - then I probably would not (either go, or carry if I did). If I got the invitation to go to Whitehouse, I would probably check my cc at the coat closet. (remembering some old westerns - signs saying "check guns here").

To be honest - unless it was Palin (or her family), I probably would not bother to go.

Since I have no desire to talk to them, as they wouldn't like what I had to say, and would probably take many of my comments as very offensive. And they fact that they aren't going to be calling me directly to talk to me, then nope wouldn't do it.

Now if I were able to meet many of the politicians on my terms without the threat of going to jail after I kick them dead off in the back side like so many deserve, then yep, I would gladly disarm to give them a swift kick.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

To put it simply: If I have to disarm to meet them, they're not worth meeting.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    The better question is, which candidate would agree to meet me if they knew I was armed.

Still, politics brings out the screw balls, I can't fault them for being careful.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    The better question is, which candidate would agree to meet me if they knew I was armed.

Still, politics brings out the screw balls, I can't fault them for being careful.
    No kidding. The politicians are the screw balls!
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    I say that is a candidate worth meeting, and voting for!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Links