Holster to avoid? - Page 3

Holster to avoid?

This is a discussion on Holster to avoid? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ExSoldier762 I've had a touch of SCIATICA myself. I find that I can't carry IWB with a full sized auto (like a ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Holster to avoid?

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier762
    I've had a touch of SCIATICA myself. I find that I can't carry IWB with a full sized auto (like a M92 Beretta or 1911 Gov't)in such a way that the barrel lies along that area. But I find that if I "cant" the holster a bit, or slide it forward... closer to the hip, it seems to help.

Same here, got to avoid that pressure point or life gets miserable really, REALLY quickly. I'm packing my J-frame IWB but even that has to be positioned well away from the sciatic nerve, 3:30 to 4:00 seems to work well in most cases. For the K-frame M66 I use OWB exclusively.
    Jack

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier762
    LOL My wife is STEAMIN'! Not at me, just 'cause.

The FedEx guy was just here and I took delivery of a box marked GALCO in tall letters.

My Christmas present for the new H&K USP. We're picking it up on our way out of town for Christmas with her family upstate. Now, I'll have a holster for it, but since I'll not have fired it, I'll still be packing my Sig P245.

BTW, Anybody know the lube points on the USP? Is it like the Glock, which loves to shoot virtually dry? IIRC there are only five pinpoint lube points for a Glock.

I just put a few drops on the metal inserts for the slide to contact, then lightly lube all the internals. Barrel, recoil srings and safety lever internal. I think I have had 3 FTF , with FMJ's only.

Had to work yesterday and today, and I'll be at it again, tomorrow. So, not much time to post.

But, I did get one full day before going back to work to wear the holster all day, again. I removed the paddle attachment and used the belt attachment piece. This did NOT seem to irritate the nerve!

I'll put the paddle back on, my next day off (Friday,) and see if it does it again. Maybe just a slight re-positioning will do it. I do kind of like the idea of being able to slip the holster off quickly in a low-profile manner. Otherwise the belt-carry will work.

The guys at Blackhawk Products say that actually will have a shoulder rig available for the SERPA Retention holsters in about 60 days! Even if the belt or paddle works out, I think I'll get one just to have the option available.

Between the Fobus and the Blackhawk, I much prefer the Blackhawk for its pushbutton retention system and the holster's carbon fiber construction. I'm not certain, but that holster with the SERPA Retention just might allow for a one-handed re-holster, too (while in a shoulder rig.)

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

Don Hume, Galco, Safariland, Bianchi, and leather from the custom leathersmiths within the Forum are good choices
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    A firearm will always "print" under any shirt with a Fobus Paddle Holster.
    It's impossible to pull the firearm in tight enough to the body.
    Maybe if a carry person is as thin as a rail & wears a "T" 2 sizes oversize...they could get away with wearing one. Maybe.
    Use it for a range holster or throw it away.
    One or the other.
    Fobus paddle holsters are an extremely poor design for concealed carry.
    Not true. I use Fobus for most of my carry guns. I have one for both of my Taurus semi-autos, one for my .45. I'll likely get one for my Bersa as well. The best one is for my Taurus PT-911. It was designed for the PT-940, but since both guns are built on the same frame, it works for the 911 just fine.

I typically wear it under an untucked shirt, which is typically about 1 size larger than I need. The gun and holster does not print, and no one has a clue I'm packing. I use it in Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall. Heck, when I went to New Orleans to work security, it became my duty holster too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links