Question about FL-Non resident application

This is a discussion on Question about FL-Non resident application within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In the packet for my FL non-resident permit I got a finger print card. Who would I go to to get these done in my ...

Thread: Question about FL-Non resident application

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

Question about FL-Non resident application

In the packet for my FL non-resident permit I got a finger print card. Who would I go to to get these done in my state (PA)? Do borough police departments do these for a charge? Do I have to go to the court house? State police? Sheriffs office?

It mentioned that I could electronically get them done and sent to the FL authorities reducing the cost on my end...

Help?

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    In the packet for my FL non-resident permit I got a finger print card. Who would I go to to get these done in my state (PA)? Do borough police departments do these for a charge? Do I have to go to the court house? State police? Sheriffs office?

It mentioned that I could electronically get them done and sent to the FL authorities reducing the cost on my end...

Help?
    In TN we can do it at some UPS Stores..they electronically send them in, and you can get proof of receipt. There an electronic/email address on the card for where to send? If so, call UPS stores and see.

- OS

fingerprints

not sure about fla. but here i went to
    the sheriffs dept. i could have gone
    to local leo but the fingerprinting was
    included in the applacation fee at the
    county clerk's office. i would have to
    pay an extra fee if i went to local leo.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

Local PD's, SO's, and even some school districts (if you know someone)...most have a charge...some do not...check around.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

My application for the non residence FL license said that I could only do the live scan fingerprints in FL itself. If you look up an ARMY AMEDD(medical recruiter) he/she can do the ink fingerprints for free. I did my own here in CA since I am an Army AMEDD recruiter.
    Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company.- George Washington
    Serving Since 1985- "Airborne"

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    I got my county sheriff's office to do the card. Wherever you get it done, be sure you follow the FL instructions precisely about filling in the name of the agency that printed you.

The local sheriff's office did mine for me.

My local Sheriff's Office did mine for me at no charge for something else I needed prints for, though I did have to wait 45 mins for a deputy to drive in from the boondocks to do the printing. They have a fancy pants machine that scans your fingers, then prints out the card on a laser printer. I'd imagine the same system would be able to send out the prints electronically, though I'm honestly not sure if this is that case.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
    Robert A. Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    I thought that the FL instructions were that the prints had to be done by a LEO?

Better check before getting them done elsewhere.

Also, I think that you have to use their print cards, so a printout on a laser printer may not be accepted. Again, check to be sure.

I always get mine done by the local PD. No charge. I may have to wait a bit for an officer to come in, but no big deal.

Pro2A... Do it right the first time. Here's a link to the PA. State Police facilities that can take fingerprints. PSP: PSP Fingerprinting Hours -
    That said, yes read the instruction as to where the agency that takes your prints enters there info on the card. Fl can be picky. Now the "fingerprint printer" for lack of a better term is pretty neat - "fancypants" was a good description! The fingerprint card is, I belive, a standard FD-258 applicant card. The digital system takes your prints, and then transfers those onto the card that you bring to the police station I had mine done this way in Fx. Co., VA. Paid 'em $5 and was done in less than 10 min. Also, the FL CWL has no distinction between res & non-res. I was taken to task - in a nice way - for this misinterpretation. Good luck. BTW - SC and KY has been added to their list of reciprocity.
    ps. Just saw your pics over on OCDO - good job!
    DoubleR"You Can't Legislate Human Behavior"

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleR View Post
    Good luck. BTW - SC and KY has been added to their list of reciprocity.
    It appears that SC only honors residential permits

Link

Help?
    The instructions state that you have to have your fingerprints taken at a law enforcement agency. It could be your local police department or sheriff's office. You will have to have the ink fingerprints taken because Florida DOACS will not accept electronic fingerprints from out of state applicants unless the fingerprints are taken in Florida. Make sure you read the instructions thoroughly before doing anything. Any deviation from the instructions could cause a delay in processing your application.

Law enforcement agencies provide fingerprints for a small fee. I think I paid $18.

Good luck!
    "[A]rms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine, Thoughts On Defensive War, 1775

It appears that SC only honors residential permits

Link
    Ya know - It looks like you are correct.
    "Residents of reciprocal states who hold permits issued by their states of residence may carry concealed firearms in South Carolina, but must abide by the restrictions in the South Carolina."
    DoubleR"You Can't Legislate Human Behavior"

Links