carry options for a skinny guy.

This is a discussion on carry options for a skinny guy. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Its more fun just to eat more pizza, but if that isn't for you go for the smart carry or a belly band. As far ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: carry options for a skinny guy.

Its more fun just to eat more pizza, but if that isn't for you go for the smart carry or a belly band.

As far as the 1 size larger shirts, it will depend greatly on what the shirt is. I have many Perry Ellis shirts that I already have to get in XXL, any bigger and they will just look out of place; so I carry at approx 2:30 with these on. Normal "polo" type shirts you can get away with 1 size larger, and add some prints to boot to help break up the printing.

Shop at a CCW safe place so you can take clothes in to the dressing room and try them all on and do all the twisting and squatting/stooping you need to so you feel more comfortable. This will also teach you to not touch or tug at your shirts while CCW, which can tell those who do pay attention that you are uncomfortable about something.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

2. Remove Ads

McDonalds.
    Keep your powder dry

I'm 6' and about 165 lbs. I carry a full sized 1911 in a Milt Sparks SS2 holster. I wear a wife beater t-shirt so the pistol doesnt rub against me and a polo shirt over it. I have had no problems so far.

If I could change on thing it would be to have the frame rounded off at the base. The sharp edge of the grip is the only thing that might give me away.

Michael

BAC
    I'm definitely no big guy, but I carry a full sized 1911 in a Milt Sparks VMII just behind the hip with only minimal printing, and that's wearing mostly fitted t-shirts. If weather affords any kind of second garment, you'd never know I was carrying. I'm a paycheck away from a new holster, Brommeland Max Con V, and that should conceal even better since it sits a little lower and is a little thinner.

What kind of pants/shorts do you normally wear? I generally wear cargo pants and shorts, usually one size larger in the waist, and have noticed the thicker material helps mute printing a little.

-B

uh...eat more red meat, white meat, and everything in the middle. Then, lift heavy...and I don't mean heavy, I mean heavy. Start powerlifting. Guaranteed you'll be able to conceal easier in 6 months or ... your ...er uh...not gettin anything back.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Start with a quality IWB holster (Sparks, Kramer, or something similar) and a good gun belt. Then make sure you're wearing shirts that are a little loose and you should have no problem concealing either of the two pistols you listed.

I'm 5'10" and about 170 and carry a full-size or compact Glock (17 or 19) every day.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Great advice.

Thanks for all of the great advice, I'll look into getting a better holster and I like the dark color idea, I tend to wear light colors, and close fitting clothes, I need to dress around the gun more.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
    Robert A. Heinlein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links