How secretly do you *really* carry?

This is a discussion on How secretly do you *really* carry? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; GK - heck man - leave out the UKP !!!! Only The Greenback these days ya know Per 'ditto' - hmmm well - I guess ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How secretly do you *really* carry?

Assistant Administrator
    GK - heck man - leave out the UKP !!!! Only The Greenback these days ya know

Per 'ditto' - hmmm well - I guess 5c a pop would be good if I got enough of em!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

2. Remove Ads

Right now, only our two adult children, a friend, and our only neighbor know (other than trainers and gun club members) that my wife and I will soon be carrying. I fully intend to keep it that way.

Please guys, don't start charging royalties for "Dittos" and quotes! I'd go broke!

VIP Member
    Since I have taught concealed carry classes for years and am a visible advocate, hundreds if not thousands of people know that I carry.

The art is when so many people know, but still cannot tell if I am carrying or not. They just have to assume I am.

-Scott-

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    I don't tell anyone except my wife. The rest of the world has no need to know. That's why it's called concealed carry. The only thing I advocate in discussions is that anyone who doesn't own and know how to use a gun is foolish, in my opinion.

1943 - 2009
    I don't tell anyone except my wife. The rest of the world has no need to know.
    Same here, except that I include my son & daughter-in-law in my inner circle.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

well as a civilian, I will tell you this...in a non threatening situation I will tell people I carry - I don't or attept to hide the truth.
    S&W 5906
    si vis pacem, para bellum

protego communis bona

1952 - 2006
    Having spent several years in the Spec Ops community, being Security for the Las Vegas Hilton, as well as an NRA instructor most of my friends and aquaintences know that I carry, (and are pleased that I do, whether they like firearms or not). But like a few other responses, I carry in a way that no one is ever sure if I'm armed or not.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

For Christmas of 2004 my wife gave me a p3at. I've been carrying it for a year, but I don't think even she realizes that I have it with me 24/7. Keep it confidential, because it is too easy for your well-meaning friends or relatives to gossip about it. There is a great advantage to having a VERY WELL concealed firearm, and you need to make sure you have that advantage.

For those of you who would prefer to not let anyone else know, what do you do when you have children who are young school age, say 5-8 years old?

I have two sons. I've been carrying legally in Michigan, since my youngest was 20 months old. Now they're 6 and 8. As often as I tell them, "no talking about guns outside the house." I'm sure you can realize how much weight that has with children.

To their credit, they do keep it quiet 99% of the time. But every once in a while...."Daddy, can we go shooting?" Usually out in public, with people all around. And that's a mild day.

because it is too easy for your well-meaning friends or relatives to gossip about it.
    Bingo!!!

My thoughts exactly, either everyone wants to ask dumb questions, or wanna play show and tell. Or they jump to false conclusions, cause they watch too much Left wing T.V. Or like Marshall said, yelling to everyone within shouting distance, how I am "packing".
    It might just be me being self conscious, but I don't want to explain my carry practice with people who don't understand what it really means. If they have a problem with that, they can write there congressman.

To their credit, they do keep it quiet 99% of the time. But every once in a while...."Daddy, can we go shooting?" Usually out in public, with people all around. And that's a mild day.
    Yep, that's the story with myself, and friends when we were very young. It is the same story with my lill family, and my friends kids. To your credit, your instilling a good influence.

My GF knows I carry. 24/7, except where prevented by law. When I go to her house, 99% of the time I don't even bother to cover the pistol's butt. This is because of Ohio's stupid plain sight carry mess.

Anybody else, should they ask, I just say "what do you think I'm stupid". This way the anti's think, no he's not stupid so he's not carrying. Normal sane people will say yes he's carrying. This way I'm not lying to anybody.
    Ah Mr. Clinton, thank you for "depends on what the meaning of is is".
    Dave

“The highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms”. General George Patton—US Army

Vis et Veneratio

"So this is how democracy dies: to thunderous applause." Actress Natalie Portman as Padme in Star Wars Revenge of the Sith

I am happy to discuss the 2cd amendment with anyone, anytime, and almost any place (church excepted). My immediately family and members of this forum know I carry whenever and wherever legally possible. Other than that...it comes under the heading of "NUNYA". When asked directly if I carry, I usually politely reply with "you decide". So far that has worked pretty well...
    noli nothis permittere te terere...

I turn the question around and ask THEM if they carry, or ARE carrying. If their answer is vague, I usually tell them that it's a personal decision, based upon Peoples' options. I also tell them, should they persue the issue, as I run into the "OMG they have guns here in the store" types, who ask a million "whys" about why we sell em. They usually leave with a better understanding of why People, including me, either shoot, or carry weapons for personal defense or for sporting purposes. In the company of close friends, they know I always carry where legal, and they respect that, including the fence sitters.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

All my friends know i love shooting. I compete in monthly USPSA and IDPA matches, so i can't hide that and I'm not trying too.With the exception of my "Gun Brothers" only very few people know i carry daily. I take great pride in total concealment when i leave my home.Even to the point my wife does not know or see me put my guns on.If i am at a social gathering ,business or pleasure, and someone ask me about guns or 2nd ammendment rights, I tell them how i feel and by doing this they ask well are you carrying now I smile and say "naw, unfortunatly I left the guns at home"
    Did i lie...yup, sure did. I take my carrying a gun very serious and personal, but most of all I am not going to give up my tactical advantage.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links