Going to Disney, hotel question

This is a discussion on Going to Disney, hotel question within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here is their written reply. I'll be glad to forward to anyone who would just PM if you would like an audit trail. Mr. Schmo, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going to Disney, hotel question

Here is their written reply. I'll be glad to forward to anyone who would just PM if you would like an audit trail.

Mr. Schmo,

You may bring your firearm onto property. You may either store it in
    your vehicle or our security team can store it in their safe. If I can
    assist you further, please feel free to contact me.

Kindest Regards,

Courtney
    Shades of Green reservations

"Serving those who Serve"

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2008 1:27 PM
    To: Sales Marketing Shades of Green
    Subject: ContactUsFromWeb

Below is the result of your feedback form. It was submitted by
    (schmo) on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 at 13:26:38
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ---

your_name: Joe Schmo

phone: 813-xxx-xxx

through: Friend

comments: I will be travelling via car to this site and wanted to verify
    your policy on firearms. Is it permissible to have a legal weapon stored
    in the trunk of my car as is allowed by Federal law. 18 USC 930 which
    governs firearms on Federal property has an exception for hunting and
    other leagl activities. As my trip will include other sporting
    activities I would like to bring it but do not wanted to get in to a
    pickle.

Any assistance you can be in this mater will be greatly appreciated.

v/r
    Joe Schmo
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    If the resort is truly Federal Property where firearms are forbidden, it must be posted IAW 18 USC 930. If you possess your weapon past that posted sign, you will be committing a felony, so I would look closely for a 18 USC 930 sign.
    You may bring your firearm onto property.
    So, no felony.
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

2. Remove Ads

Hate to be a wet blanket, but

if the security folks don't agree with Courtney, where will you be? She identified herself as working in the reservations area, not security.

I've been "up close & personal" with the Federal government on a daily basis for all but nine months of the last 31 years of my life. A security staff on a federal property will do what they will do. Assuredly, you will prevail in the end; if you expend sufficient time and money. Compared to you, Uncle Sugar likely has unlimited amounts of both.

FWIW, if I didn't have an audit trail back to the security folks, I wouldn't risk it. Doesn't seem worth the potential hassle.....

As far as base folks pointing you in the right direction I don't agree. We have trying to get, in black and white, the regs for this base and we have not gotten clear, unabiguous responses. Like many here, I have had from end of the spectrum to the other in my 25+ years of navigating the military...

Just got off the phone with "Jim" in security. Jim said weapons can be locked in your car or checked with them. "They just have to be locked up."[/QUOTE]

Roger That.

What's bad is it takes that much effort to get a stright answer to a question like the OP's. When I was there to buy Disney and Universial tickets (I didn't stay there....no rooms availiable) I spent about 30-40 minutes searching out that very answer with thier security (civilian security guards) and nobody knew exactly where to look it up but pointed me to thier 'chiefs' office who had the day off.
    I was ultimatly told by the gate guard that the federal statues on the sign(written in very fine print) applied and he wasn't sure about any other permissions, waivers, etc. Going with the information I got on site and through the website (it's posted there as well somewhere) that weapons are prohibited.

I'd certinaly stick with Jim's advice but make sure that it in writting somewhere to 'cover your caboose' just in case another security employee isn't as informed as Jim.

I just wish the military trusted it's members on base like they trust us in combat. Nevermind, wishful thinking.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    I just wish the military trusted it's members on base like they trust us in combat. Nevermind, wishful thinking.
    I hear you on that one. Right outside the gate to NAS Whidbey is an ATM. There have been 3 robberies at that ATM. WHY? Probably because the bad guys know that folks coming off that base to the ATM don't have weapons on them, according to base policy, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    Navy LT is correct, and the sign is there.

I looked this up this past spring when I took the family down to the 'Rat Nest'.
    The security there will ask if there are any weapons or contraband, and it's clearly posted. It's a great resort but it it a "Base" of sorts, and no guns on that 'military base'.
    I can't help it. I have an uncontrollable urge to giggle hysterically when someone says "No Weapons allowed on a military Base."

Reminds me of the line from Dr. Stangelove "Gentlemen, No fighting in the war room."

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    congrats
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Quote Originally Posted by B52 View Post
    Just conceal deep my friend. Shades of Green is an awesome resort...I hope you play some golf there. Disney isn't to fond of CCW's, but I never had a problem going there...what they don't know won't concern them.
    I have a nonresident Florida CWP. Is it legal to do into Disney World or Epcot Center with a concealed firearm? I know they frown on it.
    "[A]rms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine, Thoughts On Defensive War, 1775

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by calmp9 View Post
    I have a nonresident Florida CWP. Is it legal to do into Disney World or Epcot Center with a concealed firearm? I know they frown on it.
    They frown on it, and will evict you from the property if you are discovered, but there is nothing in the Florida Statutes that prevents you from carrying there.

Bear a few things in mind, though.

1. They do bag checks at the entrances, but no metal detectors or searches of one's person.

2. If you are discovered and asked to leave, do not do anything but immediately leave. Failure to do so is trespassing in Florida, and trespassing while armed is a felony.

3. Things inside the parks are not what they seem. Particularly at the Magic Kingdom (but true in all the parks), what looks like a stone wall is actually a fiberglass shell over a metal skeleton with several hundred people on the other side. A round that misses or passes through the bad guy is almost certain to injure or kill a bystander.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Puppy, You are right on with that!

"No fighting in my war room"
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by MattLarson View Post
    They frown on it, and will evict you from the property if you are discovered, but there is nothing in the Florida Statutes that prevents you from carrying there.

Bear a few things in mind, though.

1. They do bag checks at the entrances, but no metal detectors or searches of one's person.

2. If you are discovered and asked to leave, do not do anything but immediately leave. Failure to do so is trespassing in Florida, and trespassing while armed is a felony.

3. Things inside the parks are not what they seem. Particularly at the Magic Kingdom (but true in all the parks), what looks like a stone wall is actually a fiberglass shell over a metal skeleton with several hundred people on the other side. A round that misses or passes through the bad guy is almost certain to injure or kill a bystander.

Matt
    Thanks!

It's almost like Nevada (I have a nonresident Nevada CCW). There is no law stating that I can't carry in privately owned businesses, even though there may signs posted. I can be asked to leave or be cited for trespassing. Of course, I would leave immediately, wherever it may be. Once you've been outed, it's pretty much over anyway. I don't know if the Nevada trespassing law would be consider being armed a felony. I am going to look into that. I have corresponded with the Nevada State Attorney General before, so she will let me know.

Thanks again!
    "[A]rms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine, Thoughts On Defensive War, 1775

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links