Defensive Carry banner

CHL backlog in TEXAS

3K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  TexasRedRock 
#1 ·
I received this from the Texas CHL Association. See Attachment

Attachments

#15 ·
The other good news in this is that there are enough new people getting their permits to create a backlog. Any way you look at it, more people having their permits the better off we all are. Politicians don't like messing with things that have a large demonstrated block of voters supporting it.....:wink:

#4 ·
State Extension

Texas Department of Public Safety should give a pin number (for renewal) just like they do for new applicants...which will allow you to print an extension from their website...Stating applicant has met all requirements just backlogged please carry with expired CHL...Allow this letter to last for 180days...or until license is renewed...

#5 ·
I like your idea IfIhaveto I will speak to my State Rep. Joe Driver about it. He has told me several times if I have any ideas that would be for the good of Texas CHL holders let him know. They will be going back in session shortly. I would suggest for all those you like this idea contact your local Rep.

#6 ·
Thank you Sir!!! will do!!!

I like your idea IfIhaveto I will speak to my State Rep. Joe Driver about it. He has told me several times if I have any ideas that would be for the good for the Texas CHL holders let him know. They will be going back in session shortly. I would suggest for all those you like this idea contact your local Rep.
Thank you Sir!!! Will do!!!

#10 ·
IfIhaveto, you might also copy Alice Tripp at the TX State Rifle Assoc. about your idea. Right now, there is no provision written in the law for that issue, I asked.

My renewal (my 2d renewal since 1st issue) took 112 days total. My friends just took the class and submitted their packets about 7/1/08. They both received their CHL on 9/11/08, so it did not take them as long to get a new issue as it did for me to get a renewal. Maybe the new hires and temps helped?!

#16 ·
I have just sent a letter off to my Rep. If any of the Texas Instructors would like a copy of what I sent PM me and I will forward you a copy. If you agree and/or would like to see other changes lets get together.

#17 ·
While I took my renewal class in time, I made the mistake of going to a different instructor than I did for my initial class. I guess I was spoiled because first time around, everything was taken care of on the same day, same place (classsroom, shooting, photos, paperwork, notary, and fingerprints). This time I ran all over the county and put a couple hundred miles on my truck over several days getting every thing done at a different place. With a businesss trip and a family vacation thrown in, I didn't get everything mailed as quickly as I should have.

To make a long story short, my permit expired yesterday and I am watching the mail, and watching, and watching, and watching...:redface:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.