CHL backlog in TEXAS

CHL backlog in TEXAS

This is a discussion on CHL backlog in TEXAS within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I received this from the Texas CHL Association. See Attachment...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CHL backlog in TEXAS

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar

CHL backlog in TEXAS

I received this from the Texas CHL Association. See Attachment
    Attached Files
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar
    So, an explanation, but not end in sight? Dang it... I was hoping for good news...
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Morning Kevin.......good news is we still have the right to get a CHL.
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

State Extension

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    I received this from the Texas CHL Association. See Attachment
    Texas Department of Public Safety should give a pin number (for renewal) just like they do for new applicants...which will allow you to print an extension from their website...Stating applicant has met all requirements just backlogged please carry with expired CHL...Allow this letter to last for 180days...or until license is renewed...

I like your idea IfIhaveto I will speak to my State Rep. Joe Driver about it. He has told me several times if I have any ideas that would be for the good of Texas CHL holders let him know. They will be going back in session shortly. I would suggest for all those you like this idea contact your local Rep.
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Thank you Sir!!! will do!!!

I like your idea IfIhaveto I will speak to my State Rep. Joe Driver about it. He has told me several times if I have any ideas that would be for the good for the Texas CHL holders let him know. They will be going back in session shortly. I would suggest for all those you like this idea contact your local Rep.
    Thank you Sir!!! Will do!!!

IfIhaveto........sent you a PM.
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Haven't got the PM yet..

IfIhaveto........sent you a PM.
    Will keep and Eye out for it...

This thread just had me making a semi-panicked dash for my wallet to check my CHL's expiration date.

Still a troublesome development.

Thanks for the heads up,

B.

IfIhaveto, you might also copy Alice Tripp at the TX State Rifle Assoc. about your idea. Right now, there is no provision written in the law for that issue, I asked.

My renewal (my 2d renewal since 1st issue) took 112 days total. My friends just took the class and submitted their packets about 7/1/08. They both received their CHL on 9/11/08, so it did not take them as long to get a new issue as it did for me to get a renewal. Maybe the new hires and temps helped?!

I like your idea IfIhaveto I will speak to my State Rep. Joe Driver about it. He has told me several times if I have any ideas that would be for the good of Texas CHL holders let him know. They will be going back in session shortly. I would suggest for all those you like this idea contact your local Rep.

As long as you're passing along recommendations......if they don't already, perhaps they could send renewal apps automatically to license holders well in advance of their expiration date. FL does that and gains the added benefit that license holders have a real incentive to keep their current address up to date with the state. My last renewal in FL came a good 120 days before the actual expiration. Plenty of time, even with an average 60 day turnaround here.

Just a thought......
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
    As long as you're passing along recommendations......if they don't already, perhaps they could send renewal apps automatically to license holders well in advance of their expiration date. FL does that and gains the added benefit that license holders have a real incentive to keep their current address up to date with the state. My last renewal in FL came a good 120 days before the actual expiration. Plenty of time, even with an average 60 day turnaround here.

Just a thought......
    Sure does work great for us.

Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post

Just a thought......
    Actually we get them in plenty of time but many of us procrastinate something awful. Thanks for the suggestion. We can start our about six months before the expiration date by going on line. I have already written a rough draft of a few changes I would like to see here in Texas. My wife just so happens to work for my state rep.
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

E-mailed the Suggest

Quote Originally Posted by txdrhuntr View Post
    IfIhaveto, you might also copy Alice Tripp at the TX State Rifle Assoc. about your idea. Right now, there is no provision written in the law for that issue, I asked.

My renewal (my 2d renewal since 1st issue) took 112 days total. My friends just took the class and submitted their packets about 7/1/08. They both received their CHL on 9/11/08, so it did not take them as long to get a new issue as it did for me to get a renewal. Maybe the new hires and temps helped?!
    I've e-mailed the suggestion...Only time will tell...

DC Founder
    Morning Kevin.......good news is we still have the right to get a CHL.
    The other good news in this is that there are enough new people getting their permits to create a backlog. Any way you look at it, more people having their permits the better off we all are. Politicians don't like messing with things that have a large demonstrated block of voters supporting it.....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links