88 days... Finally NV CCW arrives!

This is a discussion on 88 days... Finally NV CCW arrives! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Finally after 88 days of the 90-120 I was told to expect my Nevada CCW permit arrived yesterday! Oddly enough, it was a bit of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 88 days... Finally NV CCW arrives!

88 days... Finally NV CCW arrives!

Finally after 88 days of the 90-120 I was told to expect my Nevada CCW permit arrived yesterday! Oddly enough, it was a bit of a let down in some ways. As frustrating as it was eagerly checking the mail everyday and wondering when it would finally arrive, now that I have it it really doesn't seem like a big deal. Being able to protect myself and my loved ones certainly is a big deal, but after carrying in the house for a few months breaking in holsters it really wasn't a big deal to go out in public carrying. It didn't feel like everyone was looking at me or that "they all know I'm carrying" - it just felt like any other day with a little added weight and piece of mind.
    On a side note, between putting in my initial application and receiving my permit I did pick up another gun that I would much rather carry than the original one I qualified with. I know I have to have a certified CCW instructor qualify me with the new gun and then go back down to the records office and pay a fee to have it added to the permit. Does anyone in the N. NV area (Washoe Co. specifically) know the fee and if they are able to add the additional gun immediately?
    Thanks in advance and I'm glad to be part of this community!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Congratulations and welcome aboard!

(Call 328-3348 and they'll give you the scoop on adding a weapon to your permit.)
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I can't remember the fee but when I added a gun in Clark county in 2004 they did it right over the counter. (when you bring in your new range certification of course)
    Condition 1
    "My weapon has never hurt anyone. It never will. If someone dies by my hand, it is my fault. The weapon is blameless." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Congrats on getting your permit. Carry always were legal and be safe.
    John Steinbeck: Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    Congrats

It's the policies like this that get to me. Why should what gun you are carrying have any effect on your responsibilities when you are carrying? I am a proponent of some kind of training/verification in order to get a CCW but as long as you basically know when end of the gun a bullet comes out of that I about all I care about on the shooting skill level. I don think any person carrying a gun around should be very familiar with the laws of the state you are in and some exposure to when it is OK to play Dirty Harry and when it isn't. I am much more concerned that someone knows that a CCW isn't a 007 License to Kill than whether that can hit a target with a semi-auto or a revolver.

Thanks to all for the responses, and also for the contact number Thumper.

I agree with you FN1910 that you shouldn't have to qualify with every different model of gun you wish to carry. To me, if you have been qualified to meet safety and common sense standards those should apply to whatever gun you wish to carry. Then again, I also thought that the right to keep and bear arms was a right and not a priviledge to be granted.

Funny enough in Nevada you can qualify with one revolver in any caliber and carry any revolver you wan't. That's right get certified for a .22 and go ahead and carry a .357 mag or a .44. Strange...

Anyway I'll see if I can get my additional weapon added to my permit ASAP as it is my preferred carry and I have a much nicer holster for it than for the gun I qualified with.

Thanks again

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    congrats and welcome aboard
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret

Congrats on the permit!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Congratulations on getting your permit. It took me 90 days in Clark County 2.5 years ago. Now, for some fun. Look at the date that your permit was issued (on the front of the permit). Now, maybe yours is different, but when I first noticed the date mine was issued, I saw that it was within 2 days of the date that I dropped off the application! Then again, it could just be Clark County.

VIP Member
    Congrats--- sure am glad we do not have permit listed guns only provision
    since I took the class with a single six.

--suspect it was Clark County--my new Nye County permit only took a couple of weeks last spring--

Quote Originally Posted by guitarguy View Post
    Finally after 88 days of the 90-120 I was told to expect my Nevada CCW permit arrived yesterday! Oddly enough, it was a bit of a let down in some ways. As frustrating as it was eagerly checking the mail everyday and wondering when it would finally arrive, now that I have it it really doesn't seem like a big deal. Being able to protect myself and my loved ones certainly is a big deal, but after carrying in the house for a few months breaking in holsters it really wasn't a big deal to go out in public carrying. It didn't feel like everyone was looking at me or that "they all know I'm carrying" - it just felt like any other day with a little added weight and piece of mind.
    On a side note, between putting in my initial application and receiving my permit I did pick up another gun that I would much rather carry than the original one I qualified with. I know I have to have a certified CCW instructor qualify me with the new gun and then go back down to the records office and pay a fee to have it added to the permit. Does anyone in the N. NV area (Washoe Co. specifically) know the fee and if they are able to add the additional gun immediately?
    Thanks in advance and I'm glad to be part of this community!
    So, Lisa Lane is giving a 90-120 day window these days. When I applied for my nonresident on March 13, she told me 60 days. It came in 72, which was close enough. I know that she has no control over the application process. I had a great experience at the Sheriff's office. I went early in the morning. Lisa is very friendly and she knew exactly what I was doing there when she saw my red folder. She knew right away and even went so far as to remind me to get another set of fingerprints for the the Utah permit. Lisa saw that the CCW instructor had signed the Utah application in my folder. I had completely forgotten. It would have made things more difficult if I did not get an additional set of fingerprints. It was nice of her.

Anyway, congrats on the permit and be safe!
    "[A]rms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine, Thoughts On Defensive War, 1775

Congrats and welcome to the forum from Texas.
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

Thanks again for all the warm welcomes. In case any of my N. NV friends and neighbors were wondering, I did find out the process to add another auto to your CCW permit. Just get an authorized CCW instructor to certify you with the new gun, take the signed cert to the records office, pay $15, and they'll add the gun on and issue a new permit (usually on the spot if it's not to busy).
    Anyone on the baord a certitfied instructor in the Reno area? I would like to add the new gun this week, but the guys I took my class with can't do it until Oct. I guess I'm just impatient... and busy.
    Thanks again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links