Carry in Applebees

Carry in Applebees

This is a discussion on Carry in Applebees within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; while getting my tires changed today, i walked over to applebees to get something to eat. right after going through the front door up on ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carry in Applebees

Carry in Applebees

while getting my tires changed today, i walked over to applebees to get something to eat.
    right after going through the front door up on the side wall,they have the (any unlicened persons) sign which i expected.
    in the middle where the bar is at i didnt see any 30-06 sign anyplace at all.
    i dont know if they are all built the same, but in this one all the tables ran around the ouyside of the bar, but you could still have a drink delivered w/your meal if you wished.
    there were also some tables in the bar area itself but i still didnt see ant sign reguarding the bar area,,,,so to those of you that have asked about carry in an applebees,i wouldnt worry about it.at least not in Texas...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

It is not against the law to carry at a bar in Texas. It just becomes against the law if the establishment makes more than 51% of their money on booze.

I have been in several poolhalls that had 'bars', but most of their revenue came from renting the pool tables, therefore they were not 51% establishments.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Arizona is a very welcome state, but carry in an Applebee's is a NO-NO.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    CCW9mm and I went into Applebee's together. I don't think we gave it a second thought.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

My wife works at Applebees as a server. I can tell you that in WA state, you may not CCW while sitting at the actual bar because that area is restricted to those 21 years of age and older. This is not an Applebees thing, it is a state law thing. Applebees does not restrict the right of their patrons to carry firearms.
    EVIL PREVAILS WHEN GOOD MEN FAIL TO ACT.

I carry here in NYS at applebees, donkin doughnuts, Mc donald's , wendy's, popey's, Kfc, China bouffets, or where the food is being served, never a problem, even at the roach coach on wheels ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    Arizona is a very welcome state, but carry in an Applebee's is a NO-NO.
    why? is that because of the way applebees is run their or something w/the AZ. carry laws.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

I carried in one in Springfield, OR....didn't think anything of it.
    It is utterly illogical to believe that passing laws to reduce gun violence will be successful when those who are commiting the gun violence do not obey the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    It is not against the law to carry at a bar in Texas. It just becomes against the law if the establishment makes more than 51% of their money on booze.

I have been in several poolhalls that had 'bars', but most of their revenue came from renting the pool tables, therefore they were not 51% establishments.
    yes,i didnt make myself clear i guess.
    when i first went in the waitress asked me if i wanted to set in the bar area and i said no,i just assumed it would be off limits,but i guess its not at applebees in TX.
    i guess they don't consider the bar as separate from the rest of applebees.

― Thomas Paine

In Arizona, you may not carry in an establishment that serves alcohol for on-premises consumption. Who would have guessed?
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

In FL you can carry in AppleBees as long as you stay out of the bar area...I find this to be an odd law down here.
    One cannot be in the bar area eating a burger while armed even if you're not having a beer, but you can move to the other side of the divider and have a beer with dinner while you are armed.
    (No need to be discussing sidearms and alcohol, I'm only making a point about the oddity in the FL law.)

Stay armed...gotta' love FL...stay safe!
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; September 21st, 2008 at 12:39 PM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Ohio law used to say that one cannot carry in any establishment where alcohol is sold. There was some confusion on that statement, so on September 8, a change to the CCW law went into effect, and now you may not carry in any establishment where alcohol is dispensed by the drink. Which precludes Applebees, and any other restaurant serving with a class D1, D2 or D3 license. But at least now you can carry into the local 7-11 as long as you don't sit on the steps outside the store and drink your beer out of a brown paper bag.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

In Virginia you can not carry concealed at any restaurant which serves alcohol. However open carry is allowed if the restaurant does not prohibit it. That is of course unless you are a Va Commonwealth's Attorney.

TOF
    Quote Originally Posted by stormbringerr View Post
    why? is that because of the way applebees is run their or something w/the AZ. carry laws.

Arizona Law prohibits carry in establishments where Alcoholic beverages are consumed.
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson

The local Applebees in my Kansas home town was originally posted, but they took the sign down.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links