Defensive Carry banner

It's not Tuesday or Thursday....Dangit!

1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  nomad4me 
#1 ·
Well.....I went to the county clerk, filled out the rest of my paperwork, smiled a lot, and gave her my money....All is good until I go to the Sheriff's dept. They only do fingerprints on Tuesday's and Thursday's. Dangit. They also turned all the apps in last Weds. The board meets the begining of next month....:mad::mad: double dangit.....

#2 ·
Hold on...be steady, grasshopper...your time will soon be here.:smile:

Stay armed...soon, very soon...stay safe!

#3 ·
I had the same problem, `cept the fingerprint machine was BROKEN....and they had no idea when it would be up and running again. Missed the board meeting by a few days because of that, and had to wait a whole month. It's not just you ;). But that time will pass, and soon it will be completely natural to have your side arm with you.

#6 ·
My wife and I had the exact same problem when we applied for our permits. We had both taken a day off of work, had finished at the county clercks office (they were the nicest public empolyees I'd ever worked with) and went to the county sheriff to get our prints done. There, the lady behind the bullet proof glass rather rudely told us that they only do prints on certain days and this was not one of them. When we finally found their schedule, we discovered that we would have to take another day off of work! We went back to the county clerks office to find out if we could go get our prints taken at the next county over. When we told her what happened and about taking another day off, she called the sheriff's office and set it up for our prints that afternoon.

I've voted for her to be county clerk ever since!

#8 ·
My county sheriff's office only does it from 1:30-4pm M-F.

I have been waiting about 2 weeks now for my CCW and it seems like forever...31 days to go :9:

#9 ·
nomad4me,

What county are you in? Unless you are in a VERY large county with a large number of people applying for thier CPLs you should receive yours within the next couple of days.
When I got mine I turned my application & prints in 3 days before the board met and got my permit then following week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.