It says so on my CCW

This is a discussion on It says so on my CCW within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking at my actual CCW that I carry, I noticed that there are two check-boxes-one says pistol and one revolver. I looked closely and mine ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It says so on my CCW

It says so on my CCW

Looking at my actual CCW that I carry, I noticed that there are two check-boxes-one says pistol and one revolver. I looked closely and mine is checked pistol and or with an 'x' there. What would be the reason for that? Revolver only? Why?

2. Remove Ads

Some states only let you CCW what you qualified with. I would go to packing.org and check your state laws or go to your local Sheriff office and find out. I am sure others here will also help steer you right.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

In Texas they have a category listing of SA or NSA--semiauto or non-semi-auto. Blue Lion gave you an excellent reference...be sure of what you can pack. They're a bit picky about it here...
    noli nothis permittere te terere...

Question Kinda Strange, but...

Thanks guys. I have the pistol and/or revolver checked on mine. But, there does remain the separate check-boxes. Just thought I would ask. Seems I can carry either. I didn't notice it until I re-newed.
    Oh yeah, here in WV the Sheriff takes your photo too. It's the only county in WV that does that. No fingerprints. Just the photo.

Wow I thought Texas was the only place with that stupid distinction.

In contrast, my permit here in Florida says nothing about what guns you may or may not carry. Instead, at the top my permit reads Florida Concealed Weapon or Firearm License. That means I can carry a blade concealed (including an automatic knife aka switchblade) or nunchuks or brass knucks....
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Lead Moderator
    When I got my frist ccw permit back in Pennsylvania it had the serial number of the weapon on it! Don't think they do that any more.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Unhappy

Here in Nevada we must have make, model, and caliber listed on the permit. You must qualify with each one,semi or revo. I have 7 listed on mine, 5 autos and 2 revos. [ Running out of space on the back. ]
    Oh yeh? Well this was sent from the scary black electrical box under my desk, so there!
    "It aint how good you shoot, it's how cool you look doing it." [Fred Sayer 1994]
    H&K P7
    Colt XS, Star PD
    Caracal F

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    Florida has the best of all CCW's.
    But just remember when you drive up to GA. it's limited to what Georgia allows. So no switchblades, damn it.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

Quote Originally Posted by AirForceShooter
    Florida has the best of all CCW's.
    But just remember when you drive up to GA. it's limited to what Georgia allows. So no switchblades, damn it.

AFS
    Might have to offer a different opinion on that. Oregon is a shall issue state. No restriction except it is a Concealed Handgun Permit. We can carry in schools, hospitals, and bars. Just about the only restriction is courthouses and jails along with federal buildings. If you need to carry on an Indian reservation then you must have a letter from an Indian judge but that is not a big issue for me.
    In HIS Service
    Scott F

Here no restriction on pistol or revolver that you carry. you dont have to quailfy with one your going to carry

Administrative Ban Array Bruces45's Avatar

Arrow

Mine has my pic, thumb print, make, model and cal., and serial # of each pistol. No box's as to auto or revo, and I don't have to qualify with any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruces45
    Mine has my pic, thumb print, make, model and cal., and serial # of each pistol. No box's as to auto or revo, and I don't have to qualify with any of them.
    Just peeked at your profile and thank the Lord you're in New York. If you were south of the Mason Dixon line I'd be having fits right now.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Administrative Ban Array Bruces45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier762
    Just peeked at your profile and thank the Lord you're in New York. If you were south of the Mason Dixon line I'd be having fits right now.
    Why?? Am I missing something or do you find a monkey with a gun a little nerveracking?

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    New Mexico requires qualification with both if you want to carry both. In addition, you can only carry one gun at a time. As to caliber, you can carry any caliber the same size or smaller, but no larger than what you qualified with.

Jerry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links