Got my CHL renewed

Got my CHL renewed

This is a discussion on Got my CHL renewed within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; No real big deal but for a while I was really wondering how long they (the OSBI) were going to take! I am in Oklahoma, ...

Thread: Got my CHL renewed

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar

Got my CHL renewed

No real big deal but for a while I was really wondering how long they (the OSBI) were going to take! I am in Oklahoma, who recognizes every other states' CCW. I first got my license in 1999, renewed it in 2003 (4 years) and now 5 years later had to renew again. It seemed to me the renewal in 03 was quick and easy. This year, I sent in my renewal app on August 6th (2 passport type photos and a renewal application). The only difference was that I could opt for a 10 year license or just 5 -- I went for the 10 years ($170 vs. $85). I think Oklahoma may eventually go Indiana's way and have a lifetime license.

Anyway it took them 48 days to send it; I was getting a little antsy about it because my old license expired September 8th. I read somewhere that in Oklahoma, they would "let you slide" on that one until the end of the month, but I would hate to be the test case. I am one that carries religiously and hate to be unarmed over such silliness.

I'm just wondering about other's experiences with this type of thing, in other states.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

VIP Member
    Congratulations... or should I say Happy Anniversary?
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Awesome! Boy....I wish we could opt for a ten year renewal here! Even a five year would beat a four.....the years just go by so fast any more.

We have to renew every two years, but it's a "walk in, sign a form & wait 3-5 minutes" (depending on how many weapons you want listed on the permit) for the desk clerk to type up your new permit :)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Doc View Post
    No real big deal but for a while I was really wondering how long they (the OSBI) were going to take! I am in Oklahoma, who recognizes every other states' CCW. I first got my license in 1999, renewed it in 2003 (4 years) and now 5 years later had to renew again. It seemed to me the renewal in 03 was quick and easy. This year, I sent in my renewal app on August 6th (2 passport type photos and a renewal application). The only difference was that I could opt for a 10 year license or just 5 -- I went for the 10 years ($170 vs. $85). I think Oklahoma may eventually go Indiana's way and have a lifetime license.

Anyway it took them 48 days to send it; I was getting a little antsy about it because my old license expired September 8th. I read somewhere that in Oklahoma, they would "let you slide" on that one until the end of the month, but I would hate to be the test case. I am one that carries religiously and hate to be unarmed over such silliness.

I'm just wondering about other's experiences with this type of thing, in other states.
    Sounds like OK and every other state is experiencing "high permit volume," right now.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Ar is doinf the 5 year now. I sent my renewal in May 12. Did not hear anything from it. You have to wait 120 days before they will let you check on it. At 120 I called it was a no show to them in the mail. I resent that day (this time they had to sign for it) still waiting. By the way I did not get my "renewal card" in the mail untill 3 days before it expired.

In my county (Oregon) you make an appointment for CHL renewal which is to update information and take a new picture. My appointment was on a thursday and the renewed CHL came in the mail the following tuesday. Can't beat that!
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

FL renewal...10 days...door to door.

The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links