Do you carry at Church?

This is a discussion on Do you carry at Church? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Do you carry at Church? Before I go in, it goes in the glove box....

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Do you carry at Church?

Do you carry at Church?

Before I go in, it goes in the glove box.
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Eric357's Avatar
    We do not have ccw here in Illinois. But I have told our folks that if it ever does pass I will definately carry and encourage others to carry. We can keep an unloaded gun enclosed in a case with us though. So as of a month ago after some strange things going on one even now an empty Ruger sp101 along with 2 speedloaders sit in a maxpedidtion bag under the pulphit.

Always carry, never tell
    RichB70 likes this.

Do you carry at Church?

Yes, I carry at church. We have an action plan also. Our Worship Pastor is one of my really good friends and also works at our LGS with me. I think on any given Sunday I know for a fact about 20 of us are carrying at church. On Wednesday Study ALL of us are. Plus I think I have sold guns to 3/4 of those whom are carrying in our church. I LOVE our church and community. We have worked very hard to get to where we are at this point. But, that hard work has paid off with rewards of neighbors caring for each other and looking out for each other. Just a normal Ohio town.
    Rob
    -----------
    Play in the heavens baby girl. For we will again one day see you.
    Gracie Rae P Nov 16,2004 - Sept 2,2012
    Forever daddy's girl!
    -----------

Do you carry at Church?

Oh and to add our church rules allow carry and are printed and on the walls of the church. Plus the sign on the front doors. No need for a note from the pastor. Prosecutor approved as well.
    Rob
    -----------
    Play in the heavens baby girl. For we will again one day see you.
    Gracie Rae P Nov 16,2004 - Sept 2,2012
    Forever daddy's girl!
    -----------

Yes I do & the cool thing is I'm about to do a cwp class for my church!
    G17,G19C,G21,G22c,G22RTF2/Gills,G26,G31,G32
    Colt Python 6'' .357mag & 4'' Trooper

NRA Pistol Instructor
    SC CWP Instructor

Every Sunday. Our Pastor has received threats in the past and has asked several of us (CFP holders as well as LEOs) to carry. We also have a member who is an EMT and she is always ready in case of a medical emergency.

Do you carry at Church?

No. However if someone wishes to do so I don't have a problem with it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yep.

CJM
    I carry at church 3 times a week. I never asked for, nor felt obligated to ask anyone's permission to do so.
    aus71383 likes this.
    "Thank you for the advice Mr. Vice President, but I'll be keeping my AR15 for defending my home and family."

Hell (Heck) Yes, I will carry in my synagogue! (Waiting on my ticket). If not in synagogue, than where? We don't have a police officer posted outside the weekend services and Sunday School for no reason! Ha! Do you think we'd spend the money on security if it wasn't necessary?!?! LOL

There are many nuts out there, who get a thrill from shooting up Churches, Synagogues, Mosques, etc. religion makes people crazy. By all means I think CHL carriers should carry in their place of worship!

Now, would I tell anybody? No. It's my right and my business. When I start carrying, I can't think of ANYONE that I would tell.
    Always Carry, Never Tell
    S&W Shield 9mm
    Ruger LCP .380
    NRA Member
    Certified NRA Instructor

I won't be in church since I can't have my guns even if the church allows it. I must have good and sufficient reason to be able to carry in church. I don't want to be sued by the thugs' family as prior to actual shooting, there was no no good and sufficient reason to have a gun; therefore, it could be interpreted that I escalate a non-violent robbery by breaking the law. Of course, the cops can arrest and charge me and I will be out of money and possibly freedom. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACPonly View Post
    I won't be in church since I can't have my guns even if the church allows it. I must have good and sufficient reason to be able to carry in church.
    Amazing that protecting your very lives isn't considered a "good and sufficient" reason for defensive carry. I'll never understand it.

Sounds like you and a few million of your state's fellow citizens need to jump all over the elected weenies in your state to force them to rectify this recipe for disaster. As you know first-hand, it's only resulting in the upstanding citizens being disarmed in such spots, turning them into (essentially) criminal-empowerment zones.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by 762 View Post
    here is my issue now...starting next month, i am the bass player at church...do i carry while on the platform? i do when practicing, but there is no one there...what do i do in this case?
    Thankfully, in Kansas we don't have to get permission and we can carry unless the church is posted. I'm a Eucharistic Minister and believe me, I was more than a bit nervous when I had to go up to the Altar, but with a proper holster, belt and proper concealment, the truth of the matter is most parishioners a) don't know what they're looking for, or b) more probably, they're keeping their eyes on the Priest rather than looking at whether or not the Eucharistic Ministers are carrying on the Altar.

Actually, I worry about printing most when I'm kneeling on the kneelers and I worry about the grip printing under my jacket and the parishioners behind me noticing, but then, I refer you back to points A and B in the previous paragraph.

Now, it might be slightly different if you're trying to conceal a Super Redhawk with 8 3/8" barrel!
    Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But, I repeat myself. ...Mark Twain: Manuscript note, c.1882.
    NRA Life Member & JPFO Member.
    Sig & CZ-aholic, a Ruger SP101 3" & Wiley Clapp GP100

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 45ACPonly View Post
    I won't be in church since I can't have my guns even if the church allows it. I must have good and sufficient reason to be able to carry in church. I don't want to be sued by the thugs' family as prior to actual shooting, there was no no good and sufficient reason to have a gun; therefore, it could be interpreted that I escalate a non-violent robbery by breaking the law. Of course, the cops can arrest and charge me and I will be out of money and possibly freedom. No thanks.
    Your choice of words sounds similar to the law's wording in Virginia. Regardless of where you are there may be other Virginians reading this who may take this as applying to them. For that reason, it might be helpful to point out that our Attorney General stated that personal protection was indeed a good and sufficient reason:

It is my opinion that carrying a weapon for personal protection constitutes a good and sufficient reason under the statute to carry a weapon into a place of worship while a meeting for religious purposes is being held there. It is further my opinion that places of worship can restrict or ban firearms from their premises..
    http://www.ag.virginia.gov/Opinions%...043%20cole.pdf
    aus71383 likes this.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Links