This is a discussion on Do you carry at Church? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It is illegal to carry in church in GA....
It is illegal to carry in church in GA.
S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
proud www.georgiacarry.org member
Second Amendment Foundation Life member
A couple years ago I was visiting a couple different churches. My wife and I were trying to decide which one we felt more comfortable at. I asked the pastor at one of them if it was ok to carry. She said she'd never been asked that question before. She looked a little uncomfortable. The topic of guns came up during casual conversation with the pastor at the other church after the service. I showed him a pic of my XDM and told him it was locked up in the car. His response was "why'd you leave it in the car?" He started asking people around us if they're "packin" today. All but one said the were. The other said he wasn't, but his wife was. I now attend that church every Sunday and have some good friends there that I shoot with.
PC §46.035. UNLAWFUL CARRYING OF HANDGUN BY LICENSE HOLDER. (a) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder carries a handgun on or about the license holder's person under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, and intentionally fails to conceal the handgun.
(b) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed, on or about the license holder's person:
(1) on the premises of a business that has a permit or license issued under Chapter 25, 28, 32, 69, or 74, Alcoholic Beverage Code, if the business derives 51 percent or more of its income from the sale or service of alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption, as determined by the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission under Section 104.06, Alcoholic Beverage Code;
(2) on the premises where a high school, collegiate, or professional sporting event or interscholastic event is taking place, unless the license holder is a participant in the event and a handgun is used in the event;
(3) on the premises of a correctional facility;
(4) on the premises of a hospital licensed under Chapter 241, Health and Safety Code, or on the premises of a nursing home licensed under Chapter 242, Health and Safety Code, unless the license holder has written authorization of the hospital or nursing home administration, as appropriate;
(5) in an amusement park; or
(6) on the premises of a church, synagogue, or other established place of religious worship.
I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
Wow I thought Texas was a lot smarter than that. I never would have dreamed it illegal to carry after that church incident several years ago. I'm glad I live in Oklahoma.
Life member NRA since 1983
I carry a Colt Delta Elite 10mm in Milt Sparks VM2 with 2 extra magazines on my belt. This is normally worn on a belt under my bib overalls and works great for me. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.
...change is coming in Arkansas...maybe this year... Arkansas Senate OKs concealed weapons in church
...also in MS, there have been changes providing for concealed carry in church...with extra training... http://www.jacksonlewis.com/resources.php?NewsID=3972
...concealed carry laws are reflecting in a lot of states the awareness that gun free zones are really dangerous...we're winning a few battles...