Do you carry at Church?

This is a discussion on Do you carry at Church? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; yes i do and here in tn we dont have to ask permission, so as of now he does not know. although he does know ...

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Do you carry at Church?

yes i do and here in tn we dont have to ask permission, so as of now he does not know. although he does know we shoot a lot, so he might guess, but i doubt it.
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I do carry at church. It was awkward broaching the subject with our Pastor but to my surprise, he said "knowing your background, that you were once a Police Officer, I'm glad to know you have a gun at Church. Do you know Jim ****? He also carries, you and he should get together".

Unfortunately, I was disappointed to find out that my church is VERY liability conscious and will not officially sanction a security team. That's really too bad because I think we could have put together a great training program... but I digress.

If my Pastor had said no to CCW at church, I would have tried to educate him but that failing, I was prepared to obey his wishes.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I must be lucky!

I have a carry permit in TN, and I when I am on leave up in MI I am lucky enough that my permit is accepted. The pastor of my church in MI knows that I carry, as well as about 10 other people in the church. Even though most people say that in MI you need to have the express permission of the pastor none of us have to worry about that... since he is the one who said that he wants people to carry weapons to protect themselves wherever they are. It also helps that he carries. Sadly he is a selective carrier and only carries when he feels that he might go someplace dangerous. Of course the most dangerous place is within 1 hour of your own home, because that is where you are the most comfortable. That's why I carry all the time, except of course when I am on base since I kinda like not being in jail!

Ohio.
    Unlawful to carry in a church, synagogue, mosque or place of worship, without permission of said church, synagogue, mosque or place of worship.
    Do I carry in church?
    Not until I find a church that allows it.
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

me
    I do, every day of the week. The pastor has never noticed and I have never told. Oh yeah - I am the youth pastor.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    It's been a long time since I've been to church. Should I go, I would carry, just as I carry every other time that I leave the house. I see no need to confer with the pastor, or ask his permission. There's already been one incident of a nut job who started shooting in a church (put down by a person present with a CCW, by the way), and there's no guarantee it won't happen again.

I carry, end of story. Church leaders might or might not know, might or might not approve ... beats me ... I'm not asking for their approval.

In MN it is legal to carry in churches, as it should be everywhere.

Yes, I carry in church. Haven't told anyone, and if anyone has noticed, nothing has been said.

I've been debating whether to tell my pastor just so he won't be caught unaware if someone "makes" me and complains to the staff. So far, I've kept it quiet, though.

I do carry at church, along with probably a dozen other people. it's true that I am one of the flock, but I can bare teeth if necessary. Usually with the Kimber CDP II but sometimes with a Glock 27. In that packed environment, I would need to be up close and angle the shot up or down to minimize any collateral damage. I pray to God that I am never in a situation that would require deadly force, but I also ask God to guide my hand if I should be.
    Jaybm likes this.

Yes I do carry at church,( I am also a greeter,) no one knows and my wife has to ask .

In Michigan you are required to have permission from "the presiding official." I am the pastor, so.....
    ... whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one. (Luke 22:36b NASB)
    FN Herstal FNP-9, FNP-357, Kahr TP45
    Ruger LCP, S&W 22a
    http://revderb.blogspot.com

In Ohio it is required to have permission from the church to carry in the church. Being Catholic, it's an automatic NO since every catholic church I've been at are all posted. I just leave it in the car locked up in a lock box.
    Freedom isn't free! Don't ever take it forgranted!

Yes...I do. Didnt clear it with the preacher, but his wife and I carry the same Galco purse. We compliment each others purse and just smile, every Sunday.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    I think if the rabbi knew that I carry to congregation, he'd ask me to carry my Kalashnikov as well.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I do, and no one else there knows it. Wouldn't want to distract anyone from their worship. Only my immediate family knows, and they feel safer for it.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Links