Do you carry at Church?

Do you carry at Church?

This is a discussion on Do you carry at Church? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Have you cleared it with your Pastor? Why/why not? If you are thinking about carrying at Church but wondering about how to approach the Pastor ...

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Do you carry at Church?

Do you carry at Church?

Have you cleared it with your Pastor? Why/why not?

If you are thinking about carrying at Church but wondering about how to approach the Pastor so that he/she doesn't freek out and you are able to present this in a manner that it will be accepted and allowed, what have you come up with as far as an approach?

Thanks in advance...

Hell yeah! praise God and pass the ammo.

i got the OK from my church to carry...so i do each Sunday.

i'm not the only one packin' heat there either.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Why would you have to "clear it with your pastor", are you open carrying?

Carry in church

Yes, I carry in church. I know,my wife knows and the Lord knows. Enough said.
    Tlove likes this.

If there is no law or policy regarding carrying in church, I would do it and not ask. In my case I did not say anything, but in time the pastor found out somehow, and he is glad that someone is watching the doors. I am not the only one.

Regards,
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by American Pit Bull View Post
    Why would you have to "clear it with your pastor", are you open carrying?
    The guy who taught my CCW class said that that's the law here in MO--that we have to clear it with the Pastor.

NV states that i cannot carry a weapon on day care school property...unless i have permission to do so...so i had to get the OK to cover my butt.

i was expecting a big, fat NO...but was surprised to hear they didn't care as long as i have a license to do so.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Yep, carry in church, have not talked to the priest about it. It is legal in Texas, no need to ask, or even bring it up. That being said our priest has his CHL, so I would imagine that if it was brought up he would say, good for you.

Of course if I go few miles away into AR, I can not because it is prohibited. When I visit family in MS, I do not because it is prohibited. Family in TN it is ok too.

I don't see churches as any different than any place else. If it is legal, do it, don't mention it and everything is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by MP45CDE View Post
    The guy who taught my CCW class said that that's the law here in MO--that we have to clear it with the Pastor.
    What is your state law regarding this? I would not rely on anyones telling me, go and read it for yourself then you are certain what is legal.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by MP45CDE View Post
    Ahh... Missouri...

That is correct...
    ...No driver's license or nondriver's license containing a concealed carry endorsement issued pursuant to sections 571.101 to 571.121 or a concealed carry endorsement or permit issued by another state or political subdivision of another state shall authorize any person to carry concealed firearms into:

(14)Any church or other place of religious worship without the consent of the minister or person or persons representing the religious organization that exercises control over the place of religious worship. Possession of a firearm in a vehicle on the premises shall not be a criminal offense so long as the firearm is not removed from the vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premises;

Yes I carry to church. As Blademan siad, me the wife and the lord know about it. In Texas it is legal as long as the property is not posted prohibiting it. I have gone to a church that had a shooting several years ago. My wife said how could I. I said, of all the churches in Texas, if they didn't want members concealed carrying they would know how to post the entrances. Later I learned that regular members with permits act as a kind of security like the church in Colorado Springs. Most people are reasonable and if the pastor has not stood in the pulpit extolling the absolute prohibition of taking life under any circumstances will probably be okay with it. I am a straight-forward kind of person so I would just ask, "pastor, in accordance with the law I have to have your permission to keep my concealed weapon on when I come to church, you're okay with that aren't you?"
    Jaybm likes this.
    But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself...
    "Baa."
    LTC(RET) Dave Grossman

Revolutionary War Veterans Association Shooter Qualification: Cook

Of course I carry at church.

No need to "clear it" with anyone.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

the worst part about carrying at church is that i cannot raise my left arm and my hunny gets poked in her side by my gun when we site.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Yes I do, and no I did not ask my pastor for permision and have never discussed it with him.

He has, however, picked me out as his go to man if there were to be any problems. I don't know how he decided that I was the best bet for the sheepdog in our little congregation, but I suppose it is just as well since the odds are extremely high that I am the only one carrying there until my wife finnally decides to put her paperwork in for her permit.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

I carry in church as well at I know at least a couple others that do..

ALWAYS PREPARD ALWAYS READY!!

No ones going to know anyways..
    ~XD-45 Compact~
    You might be weak but God is Strong!

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 762 View Post
    the worst part about carrying at church is that i cannot raise my left arm ...
    Maybe go with an ankle holster? Should be OK except at maybe a Pentacostal church... OK, I couldn't resist: I met the Lord in such a church (good-natured ribbing intended only - such folk are my brothers and sisters in the Lord).

I use a tuckable IWB holster at 3:00, and it works fine. I have also carried using a DIY SmartCarry as well (I recommend buying Charlie's fine product - it's just that I'm broke).

And to answer the original question, I agree that the up-front approach would be best, though you might lead with "Pastor, in keeping with the verses on protecting the innocent..."
    danwdooley likes this.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Links