And they think we'll start a war!

This is a discussion on And they think we'll start a war! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I do not want to ever have to use my firearm - because - I have no innate desire to shoot and kill anyone, as ...

Assistant Administrator

I do not want to ever have to use my firearm - because -

I have no innate desire to shoot and kill anyone, as a frivolous act - only to save my own bacon.
    I have no wish for costly legal hassles and a ruined life.
    I have no wish to lose sleep, as I wrestle with my conscience after an event.
    Bottom line - BG's - leave me the **** alone - and give me no reason to have to use lethal force at all.

All this, and I doubt I am so different from most of us here - and yet - the Brady bunch et al, anti's trying to sabotage a state's new attempt to have shall issue - all seem to persist in their efforts to control folks and have them rendered defenceless - forgetting the bad guys are not too hot on law obedience.

OK - nothing new but this bugs me daily! Sorry, just a vent!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

yeah where the blood running in the streets they keep yelling about ?

Well, I don't have my license to carry yet (but I'm working on it!). But I think there are two things going on with the Sara Brady's of the world. One, they either don't trust themselves and so they think that everyone else is like them and therefore untrustworthy. Or they feel that they are better than the rest of us need to be taken care of by our betters. It's a control thing.

And yes, it is very upsetting. How do people continue to listen to the crap they put out when it has been disproven by experience and common sense time after time?

Edit - can't spell tonight.

Well people listen tot hat crap becuse for some reason they think people like brady know more than they do ..

I mean if anything shouldnt they ban Movie star's since that is what caused cant rember his name the dude to shoot brady and reagan

brady was a accident but still

So if you ban Movie stars like jodie foster then a guy wont decide to shoot the pres to get there attn .. Rember its for the Children

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    The liberal mindset comes about because of a desire to tell everyone what to do. The liberal doesn't trust the average American to be able to think, work, live, love, or even exist operating solely on his/her own intellect or basic common sense. No sir!! They absolutely know what is best for us and they will never rest until they control all facets of our lives. Then, folks like us come along, and we not only don't buy it, we own and carry GUNS!!!! This just scares the crap out of them. They are phobic in their need to disarm us and regain control. This is all as old as humankind. It's a never ending struggle. Keep the faith and keep sending lead downrange.

Assistant Administrator
    Keep the faith
    Amen to that OG - as i think all here will do - we have to.

But heck the ''battle'' sometimes seems so absurd - that we should actually have to try and 'prove'' anything, when the logic is (as we see it) inescapable.

As we often say - it is logic vs emotion!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    P95, No, I think it is a desire to control, hence our logic is not a factor. True, some are only emotional, but I still contend it's about control. No reasonable person can refute the facts we know about. They don't care.They want to control.

Brady is a hypocrite anyhow.

http://www.restoringamerica.org/arch..._gun_laws.html

Sarah Brady skirted gun laws in buying son's rifle
    New York Daily News March 22, 2002
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WASHINGTON - Gun-control advocate Sarah Brady bought her son a powerful rifle for Christmas in 2000 - and may have skirted Delaware state background-check requirements, the New York Daily News has learned.

Brady reveals in a new memoir that she bought James Brady Jr. a Remington .30-06, complete with scope and safety lock, at a Lewes, Del., gun shop.

"I can't describe how I felt when I picked up that rifle, loaded it into my little car and drove home," she writes. "It seemed so incredibly strange: Sarah Brady, of all people, packing heat."

Brady became a household name as a crusader for stricter gun-control laws after her husband, James, then the White House press secretary, was seriously wounded in a 1981 assassination attempt on then-President Ronald Reagan.

Brady writes in "A Good Fight" that the unnamed gun shop ran federal Brady Law and Delaware state background checks with great fanfare.

The book suggests that she did not have her son checked, as required by Delaware state law.

"(W)hen the owner called in the checks, it seemed to me he spoke unnecessarily loudly, repeating and spelling my name over and over on the phone," Brady writes.

Amy Stillwell, a spokeswoman for The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, said the federal Brady Law does not require background checks for intrafamily gun gifts.

Stillwell said she did not know whether her son was checked under the state law. The Delaware Department of Justice says the state does not have an exemption for family gifts.

"Scott is not a convicted felon, and he is not prohibited from owning a gun," Stillwell said. "Scott Brady could walk into a store and buy a - he is not a prohibited purchaser."

Delaware Justice Department spokeswoman Lori Sitler said the purchase could be illegal under state law if Brady did not also say who she was buying the gun for and submit his "name, rank and serial number" for a full check.

"You can't purchase a gun for someone else," Sitler said yesterday. "That would be a 'straw purchase.' You've got a problem right there."

Anti-gun control advocates were surprised to hear of Brady's foray into their world.

"We hope that it's innocuous and there's been no laws violated," said James Jay Baker, chief lobbyist for the National Rifle Association. "It's obviously interesting that Sarah would be purchasing firearms of any kind for anybody, given her championing of restrictive guns laws for everyone." --- (c) 2002, New York Daily News. Visit the Daily News online at http://www.nydailynews.com/ Distributed by Knight Ridder/Tribune Information Services.

Would have been funny if they nailed her as skirting the law

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    All this, and I doubt I am so different from most of us here - and yet - the Brady bunch et al, anti's trying to sabotage a state's new attempt to have shall issue - all seem to persist in their efforts to control folks and have them rendered defenceless - forgetting the bad guys are not too hot on law obedience.

OK - nothing new but this bugs me daily! Sorry, just a vent!
    It's called projection, my friend. The Brady Bunch know that if they had immediate access to a firearm in public, they would be likely to shoot someone they saw driving a huge SUV in the carpool lane, or blast away at their neighbor who does not recycle.

Because they are so weak willed and impulsive, they think everyone must be.

Matt

Once again 95 good post comments. I agree +1. I think most people see CCW types like ourselves as people just wanting to shoot someone. I first and foremost like the sport of going to the range and shooting. However, while I am there I might as well take adavantage of the ability to CCW and protect myself. So many people think oh, it will never happend to me. These are the same people I see on the news every night at six.

Recently, a 75 year old caught a known bad guy busting into his shed and he squeezed off a few. The BG got into his truck and fled, only to end up crashing into a pole and having to be rushed to the hospital. The old man felt bad on T.V. but he did what he felt he must do.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Lead Moderator
    Chris, well put!

I guess what frosts me about the Bradys is that like so many with "causes", if he hadn't been shot, he wouldn't give a rat's a$$.

If they are going to ban things they should ban people that come to causes just because it "happened to them". If it wasn't important before..........

(Rant off!)
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

You have put into words thoughts that have been rattling around in my mind for a long time. Thank you.

Administrator

Angry Gee I Wonder WHY???

"When the owner called in the checks, it seemed to me he spoke unnecessarily loudly, repeating and spelling my name over and over on the phone,"
    Brady writes.

Gee...I wonder WHY Sarah?
    Could it possibly be because the person on the other end of the line was totally Dumbstruck that any human being could prostitute their own hypocritical lack of integrity to such an extreme and obvious blatent degree.

The Reason

Sadly, several posts here have hit on the "Brady Agenda". It is about control, they want control.

The hardest human being to force into compliance with your ideology, is a armed human.

The first step of any totalitarian state is to disarm the populace.

Hitlers Germany is only the first example which comes to mind.

Links