For those with concealed carry permits - Page 4

For those with concealed carry permits

This is a discussion on For those with concealed carry permits within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am always armed when I leave the house. I don't carry where illegal (my wife gave me a nice biometric gun safe for use ...

View Poll Results: When to you carry your handgun?

Voters
589. You may not vote on this poll
  • I carry on my person (almost) always

506 85.91%
  • I carry when I feel I need to

61 10.36%
  • I carry when it's not too much trouble

11 1.87%
  • I carry in my vehicle

8 1.36%
  • I usually leave my gun at home

3 0.51%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: For those with concealed carry permits

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I am always armed when I leave the house. I don't carry where illegal (my wife gave me a nice biometric gun safe for use in my car as a birthday present), and there are a few places where I can't carry. At home, I don't keep a gun on me, but there's always one very close, most of the time at arm's reach. The world has gotten dangerous, and I plan to be prepared

I carry whenever possible. If I leave the house I always carry, except for work. If I am at home it is either within arms length at all times or it is on my belt.

Administrator
    I carry all the time and at work.
    I carry wherever it is legal for me to go with a firearm.
    That is pretty much everywhere in PA.

In my home usually if my firearm is on...I just leave it on since It does not bother me at all having it on.
    My home is pretty nicely hardened up and it's alarmed.
    It was built like a stone fortress in 1910.
    It's an extremely difficult home for an unauthorized person to just waltz into.
    If I am not actually carrying inside I do have a firearm close by and with plenty of time to get to it.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I carry everywhere I legally can. Weapons are not allowed at work on a federal installation. If I'm just planning to drive from home to work in the morning and back again in the evening, I go unarmed. If I have to make any side trips, I take the gun but leave it locked up in the car, park outside the gate, and bicycle in. I bike once or twice a week.

Since you and I will most likely never meet, I'll be truthful. When it's legal, I carry. If someone asks me face-to-face, my attitude is, "I will neither confirm nor deny the existence of a potentially lethal weapon on my person" or words to that effect.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Quote Originally Posted by UtahRSO View Post
    The only place I don't carry is church (requested not to).
    If it's not illegal to carry in a church, why would you comply with that request? I certainly hope you never have cause to regret volunarily disarming yourself.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

If I am dressed, I am armed with my daily carry pistol. If I am not dressed to go out and about, but in sweats or drawstring shorts around the house...I have a J-Frame Ultralite revolver in a clip-on IWB holster inside the waistband of my sweats or shorts. It doesn't drag the britches down and no one would expect a feller in gym type attire to be packin' more than his belly.

As I sit her and type this response there is a .45 right next to me. There is another pistol on top of the book case by the front door, and others thorugh out the house. When I go outside for any reason, there is at least one gun with me at all times. Am I paranoid? No. But I do believe that one can best defend ones self when prepaired to do so! Home invasions are not something new, they have existed since people started living in houses of some kind. You could get confronted at any time, day or night, anywhere. How prepaired are you? The only time you will see me unarmed is if I have to go into the bank for some sort of business, usually I try to use the drivethru, for just this reason.

Y'all be safe now, ya hear!

Can't carry at work, but if I'm out with the Wife and Kids my G27 is at 3:15
    [B“I firmly believe that any mans finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious”[/B]

Vince Lombardi

All the time, Condition 1, except where prohibited.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

when legal I carry and thats about 99% of time that i'm dressed and out of house. When in home there is always something within seconds of me or my wife.

About 99% of the time that it is legal. I usually don't carry when coaching soccer practice or during the game, and occasionally when I am working in the yard or on the vehicle, and then of course when engaged in water related activities. Other than those times, yep, got it with me.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Member Array airbornerangerboogie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck brick View Post
    I agree; anyone that has a permit but only carries on "special occasions" is probably not going to respond to this poll, if only because its assumed implications would seem to belittle them.
    I still enjoy the responses, though.
    For the ladies out there for whom carrying is too much trouble (and especially to the men who care for them), I'd like to offer this "Food for Thought," which is the same I presented to my wife:
    "Carrying is a lot of hassle, I agree, and it lasts for as long as you can/will carry, whereas an assault or a rape can be over with, and recovered from, in a few minutes to a few days, right???
    I guess maybe it really isn't worth that much effort, after all.
    You decide; I can't decide for you"
    (FYI: I have a wife and four daughters; if you think for a moment that I'm insensetive to the issues you're totally missing my point!)

Stay safe,

Chuck Brick.
    Make yourself a list...1 through whatever of potential threats where you would have to use deadly force. Starting with the most likely to the least likely. If assault and rape are in the top five, I would suggest you move immediately.
    I'm one of those who doesn't carry all the time, the reasons are practical, I travel all over the US, Canada, and Europe. When I'm home I have a 1911 in condition 1 "always" near at hand, but not on me. "home invasion" is way down on my list. When I go out shopping or just running around I carry, does that make me a better CCW holder than those that rarely ever carry or less of a CCW that those that wear 24/7? No, the argument is meaningless, because all the rationale is purely subjective and situational.
    Just my .02 cents....
    “Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.” James Dean
    Phil (NRA Member and Vietnam Vet)
    ------------- My CCW ----------------
    No Guns Here Boss
    I gave them to the naked Pigmy's in New Guinea

If we knew when we were going to need it, we wouldn't have to carry. We just wouldn't go there. I live in a smaller town where crime is almost nil and violent crime is even more rare. I still carry.

The town I work in is turning in to a real craphole (or maybe it alwas was but is getting worse). I keep my gun close.

VIP Member
    When ever legal.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links