Any word on wait times in TX?

Any word on wait times in TX?

This is a discussion on Any word on wait times in TX? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've heard everything from 2-3 months but was hoping for someone who just got theirs after waiting. Sure is a steep price to get them ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any word on wait times in TX?

Question Any word on wait times in TX?

I've heard everything from 2-3 months but was hoping for someone who just got theirs after waiting. Sure is a steep price to get them here, you'd think we'd be better at making it affordable (maybe we could borrow 1 of the $700 billion) and maybe quicker? Or maybe I'm just spoiled by seeing other posters get theirs in a matter of days/weeks...

Mine's in their hands now, got my prints rejected due to sub-par pressing on the part of the officer (apparently I wasn't the only one either) and was just hoping to get a gauge on timing.

Thanks! Really happy to have found this site--you guys really know your shizat

The best place to see how things are coming at DPS is to visit TexasCHLforum.com

From the looks of things, it seems like the average person is getting theirs in about 90 days, lowest I've seen is about 45 all the way to 100+.

I'm in the waiting boat too
    Wreck'em Tech! Go Red Raiders!

I have the Signess!

Sig Sauer P225 Montage Suisse / Sig Sauer P238 / Sig Sauer P226 9mm CPO / S&W M&P9c

mine took 98 days !
    EDC's Colt Defender 45 acp and S&W 442 .38
    Springfield XD 45 acp
    Ruger SR9
    Ruger Super RedHawk .44 mag
    mossberg 590 12 gauge tactical
    bushmaster AR15-M4

I got mine in about 6 weeks last Fall. My son got his about three weeks ago after waiting about 3 months. Several others I know have experienced similar waits recently. The number of apps continues to climb and the wait increases as well.

Mine took exactly 90 days...

My instructor said 80-90 days minimum. I am still waiting

3 months for my wife and 3 months and a week for me
    So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but peace!

Last line of "Rifle Creed" by Major General William H. Rupertus (USMC, Ret.)

91 days for my renewal!!!
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

From what I've heard it is still long, but getting a little better.

Mine took over 120 days, but it's much like child birth (from what I have been told by my Wife) once the wait is over you don't remember the grief of waiting.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

My renewal took 112 days. Two friends turned their first timer apps in on 7/1/08 and had their CHL back two weeks ago on 9/11. So, the wait time is going way down. Several posts on other boards say the backlog is caught up and the new employees are in place at DPS.

Just got my initial TX permit. When I received the letter from the state indicating they had all my paperwork it was post-marked 8/29. I Got my permit on 10-1. I had initially failed to sign something and they sent me back one of the forms. That was about three weeks after I mailed it in. I mailed it back the next day and had the confirmation letter 10 days after that (8/29). So, despite my failure to sign one of the forms, I got it in just over 60 days.

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar
    That's awesome news! I sent mine in around the same time, so hopefully mine will be on it's way soon too!

ETA: I sent mine in on 08/18... I had already filled out the app and paid online... so I figure by the 20th-21st they had their hands on it. Here's hoping it goes to print any day now!
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Took 90 days for mine..

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firkin View Post
    Just got my initial TX permit. When I received the letter from the state indicating they had all my paperwork it was post-marked 8/29. I Got my permit on 10-1. I had initially failed to sign something and they sent me back one of the forms. That was about three weeks after I mailed it in. I mailed it back the next day and had the confirmation letter 10 days after that (8/29). So, despite my failure to sign one of the forms, I got it in just over 60 days.
    Wait... I just paid attention to your date... 8/29 to 10/01 is 33 days... is that even possible? Did you mean 07/29?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Mine took 168 days. At day 160 I called my state rep. and 8l days later I received it Fed EX overnight.

Searn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links