Arkansas CHL Questions

Arkansas CHL Questions

This is a discussion on Arkansas CHL Questions within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For those of you that have gone through it, what is the process like and is it expensive?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arkansas CHL Questions

Arkansas CHL Questions

For those of you that have gone through it, what is the process like and is it expensive?

In my case it was $50 for the training (1 day) and $144 for the application to the Arkansas State Police. I was trained and printed by a police officer who supplied 2 sets of prints (1 extra) so the FBI would not reject the application due to problems with prints. Took a little over 3 months from begining to end.
    Kahr K9
    Sig P239 9mm DAK
    Sig P229 .40 SAS GenII
    Sig P250 9mm

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlongcameJones View Post
    In my case it was $50 for the training (1 day) and $144 for the application to the Arkansas State Police. I was trained and printed by a police officer who supplied 2 sets of prints (1 extra) so the FBI would not reject the application due to problems with prints. Took a little over 3 months from begining to end.
    That's it in a nutshell!
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

Awesome thanks, I am moving to AR in 6-9 months and I am coming from IL where concealed carry mean putting the knife in your pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by tattoo13 View Post
    Awesome thanks, I am moving to AR in 6-9 months and I am coming from IL where concealed carry mean putting the knife in your pocket.
    What part of AR. you moving to?
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

Right now it is looking like Independence or Stone County, looking for a job right now, waiting to see where I am going to work first.

Quote Originally Posted by tattoo13 View Post
    Right now it is looking like Independence or Stone County, looking for a job right now, waiting to see where I am going to work first.
    Let me know when you get down here. I'm in Izard county just north of both Stone and Independence. You'll probably be in Batesville or Mountain View.

That was the two towns I was look hard at but now it is looking like I will end up out of town right between the two somewhere like Guion or Marcella, houses are just so much cheaper out of town.
    I may end up in Izard county also, just depends, I don't mind having a commute if I can get a nicer place for the same money.
    Out of curiosity, do you have any kids in school, I have 3 and it looks like the AR schools are better than the IL school we are used to.
    It will be a big change, uprooting and having to settle back in, find new jobs, schools, church, places to hunt and fish, kind of stressful but I am getting just thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by AlongcameJones View Post
    In my case it was $50 for the training (1 day) and $144 for the application to the Arkansas State Police. I was trained and printed by a police officer who supplied 2 sets of prints (1 extra) so the FBI would not reject the application due to problems with prints. Took a little over 3 months from beginning to end.
    Ditto on most of that. (1 day = 9 hours average, then range time), $75 class fee, and $110 to the ASP if I remember right. (I've had mine since 2001---I see the fees have gone up some). Welcome to Arkansas a bit ahead of time. You'll love it!
    Here are some important links for you:
    Arkansas State Police | Regulatory Services
    ARKANSAS COUNTY HANDGUN INSTRUCTORS & FIREARM SCHOOLS

I just finished taking a CCW class in central Arkansas last weekend. The cost of the class was $85 and a check to the Arkansas State Police for $144.25 for background check, license, etc. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by tmilam View Post
    I just finished taking a CCW class in central Arkansas last weekend. The cost of the class was $85 and a check to the Arkansas State Police for $144.25 for background check, license, etc. Hope this helps.
    Welcome to the forum! I know some folks in Conway....I think.

Thanks for the info guys, it is truly a new experience for me, I am coming from a state that wanted to ban off duty cops from carrying!!!
    My Father in Law is from Conway county AR originally.
    I am very excited about the move I am just working on the job angle now, hoping I can have something set by the time I get down there.

I've got two boys. One graduated from Izard County Consolidated (ICC) and one is in 6th grade. Very nice schools here and as parents you can still have a lot of input in the school system. ICC just started a skeet team. Guion is a pretty place and the commute to Batesville or Mtn. View is not bad at all. Country living down here is great.

Just be careful of the dangerous animals. The worst being Ar chiggers. They are a cross between normal chiggers and alligators.

Ticks are next. Never, never, ever get one on your willy like I did! The embarrassment alone of trying to tell the receptionist why you want to see a doctor is bad enough. Then I had to tell the doctor what could happen to him if he told me I was lucky at my age that it would swell up like that.

Puppy

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! oh, now you are going to slap me now right? J/K!!!

Hey there Tattoo13, welcome to Arkansas when ya get here.

If this keeps up we are going to have to plan an Arkansas Range day!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links