Citizens Bank Park

This is a discussion on Citizens Bank Park within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does any of my PA brothers or sisters know if you can conceal in the ballpark? I know you can't OC in Philly because it ...

Thread: Citizens Bank Park

Question Citizens Bank Park

Does any of my PA brothers or sisters know if you can conceal in the ballpark? I know you can't OC in Philly because it is a first class city. I can't find anything on the park's website that prohibits CC.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by JerryDonlan View Post
    Does any of my PA brothers or sisters know if you can conceal in the ballpark? I know you can't OC in Philly because it is a first class city. I can't find anything on the park's website that prohibits CC.
    Who told you that you cannot open carry in Philly? The law is that you need a LTCF to open carry in Philly.

You might want to look here for more on PA firearms law: Your Pennsylvania Gun Rights

and here: http://www.pafoa.org/

Ken

I don't know for sure but most outdoor sporting events I go to involve a pat down so having a weapon might be a problem.
    Strangely enough, the last one I went to(in DC, a Nationals game), no pat downs.
    But of course we know no one carries in DC,right?
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

I CC to Citizens bank park all the time without issues. Usually a S&W 642 in a pocket holster. Seats are too tight for a belt holster for my 1911's (don;t want to go to jump up & have the 1911 catch on the arm of the seat)

They sometimes do random patdowns - but as you approach the gates - just pick the line where they're not doing the patdowns.

They do check bags.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyKen View Post
    Who told you that you cannot open carry in Philly? The law is that you need a LTCF to open carry in Philly.

You might want to look here for more on PA firearms law: Your Pennsylvania Gun Rights

and here: Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Ken

Cowboy, you are correct. I didn't read the law carefully enough.

OK, the good news is the Phillies clinched the division tonight and I was there to celebrate with them. The other news is I left my carry piece in the glove box. But, as an experiment I strapped my small binocular case on my strong side and figured they would see the bulge and pat me down. I held a bag with my large binoculars out for inspection and they just waived me right on through. If I get tickets for the playoffs, I'll try carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryDonlan View Post
    Cowboy, you are correct. I didn't read the law carefully enough.

OK, the good news is the Phillies clinched the division tonight and I was there to celebrate with them. The other news is I left my carry piece in the glove box. But, as an experiment I strapped my small binocular case on my strong side and figured they would see the bulge and pat me down. I held a bag with my large binoculars out for inspection and they just waived me right on through. If I get tickets for the playoffs, I'll try carrying.
    Go Phils!
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by franktait View Post
    . . . They sometimes do random patdowns - but as you approach the gates - just pick the line where they're not doing the patdowns.

They do check bags.
    Yep, this has been my experience. Did it a few times this year with no problem. (Made me crazy searching the website though, I figured it had to say something, but it doesn't.) Wish I'd been there Saturday.

Go Phils !!!

p.s., how 'bout them Mets ??
    Last edited by Roland of Gilead; September 29th, 2008 at 12:15 PM. Reason: damn punctuation
    Freedom ... must be fought for, protected, and handed on ... or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. -- Ronald Reagan, 1967

I try to respect the wishes of private owners regarding carrying on their property. However, I could not find anything on the website and their list of restrictions posted at the entrances doesn't say anything about firearms. If it is not posted or listed anywhere, what should a responsible CCL holder do?
    Last edited by MP45Man; September 29th, 2008 at 06:27 PM. Reason: mispelling

OK, I've been down two times in the last week to see my beloved Phillies beat the Giants, and, today, the Pirates. On the way in to the park they now have signs prohibiting firearms. On their website they state they prohibit them, but the do say you can check your gun at the stadium police station. I left my gun in my car both times. Does anyone have any experience checking their weapon with the police in this situation?

I found my answer on another site. I'll have to try it the next time I visit the park and see how it goes.

Citizens Bank Park Policy Change? - Page 2

Links