Tennesse Carry Question

This is a discussion on Tennesse Carry Question within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am going to TN and was reading on the NRA-ILA website about the carry laws and it said no carry allowed when alcohol was ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tennesse Carry Question

Tennesse Carry Question

I am going to TN and was reading on the NRA-ILA website about the carry laws and it said no carry allowed when alcohol was consumed on premises. Does this apply to resturants or just the bar area of a resturant?
    The Second Amendment ...... Because crime SHOULD be a hazardous occupation.

If you want to piss off a conservative, lie to him.
    If you want to piss off a liberal, tell him the truth.

2. Remove Ads

This Includes any establishment that serves alcohol for consumption. Chili's, Redlobster, Outback Etc. so in TN you can not have a meal in a establishment and still maintain your level of protection.

It is an offense for a person to possess a firearm within the confines of a building open to the public where liquor, wine or other alcoholic beverage, as defined in 57-3-101(a)(1)(A),. or beer as defined in 57-6-102(1), are served for on premises consumption.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    tngunner's got it.

Jimmy Naifeh poked us in the eye.

The building and probably the patio or deck are off limits.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

VIP Member
    It is an offense for a person to possess a firearm within the confines of a building open to the public where liquor, wine or other alcoholic beverage, as defined in 57-3-101(a)(1)(A),. or beer as defined in 57-6-102(1), are served for on premises consumption.
    Anyone know if this includes hotels that have a bar in them?
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

The answer is yes. Jimmy Naifeh just got his carry permit. He got EVERYTHING done and issued in 1 day. Maybe now he'll let the bills dealing with this get out of committee..... :(
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Anyone know if this includes hotels that have a bar in them?
    Not in any place that serves alcohol for consumption.

Now if anyone traveling to TN will wind up close to the GA border - venture on over as they passed a law this year to allow carry in restaurants that serve alcohol.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tankdriver View Post
    The answer is yes. Jimmy Naifeh just got his carry permit. He got EVERYTHING done and issued in 1 day. Maybe now he'll let the bills dealing with this get out of committee..... :(
    This idiot got his carry permit? WOW!!
    So if a hotel has a bar and your room is in that same building, you can't carry anywhere? I never even considered that while in Tn....

He got it because of the bad publicity on always blocking the laws to be able to carry in restaurants that serves alcohol for consumption. He now is able to say...See I carry just like you........

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

Quote Originally Posted by kentuckycarry View Post
    This idiot got his carry permit? WOW!!
    So if a hotel has a bar and your room is in that same building, you can't carry anywhere? I never even considered that while in Tn....
    Whether this is true or not has never been actually court tested, like many nuances of TN carry. Most folks would agree (and probably cops too) that the restaurant/bar area of a hotel is a separate matter from the rest. IOW, I would carry in the rest of the hotel.

Another really gray area is municipal parks and recreational areas, but I won't even get into this right now.

- OS

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tankdriver View Post
    Nope, scum like him are all about "carry for me but not for thee".
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Doc View Post
    Nope, scum like him are all about "carry for me but not for thee".
    When he got it, one of the 1st things he did was a press confress stating he had it.......

He is in the back pocket of some kind of restaurant association his family is a member of and takes contributions from them to do their bidding.

We still have a long way to go on carry laws in this country. This provision basically eliminates carry for a night out, which is a time that I want to carry the most. Also how about places like Andrew Jacksons house and other tourist type spots?

Businesses that fight legal carry in their establishments think they are reducing their liabilty but I pray if anything happens in their business that the victim will file a lawsuit for millions for not providing proper security.
    The Second Amendment ...... Because crime SHOULD be a hazardous occupation.

If you want to piss off a conservative, lie to him.
    If you want to piss off a liberal, tell him the truth.

I am not suggesting or am I condoneing breaking the law. My family is my number one priority. I always cc sometimes I have to cc deeply. I will not be caught off guard. so you can interpret this any way you want.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by farmerbyron View Post
    W Also how about places like Andrew Jacksons house and other tourist type spots?
    Are they
    on the grounds of any public park, playground, civic center or other building facility, area or property owned, used or operated by any municipal, county or state government, or instrumentally thereof, for recreational purposes
    ?

Tourist attractions are not parks. Rest stops are not parks.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links