CCW Denied!!!

This is a discussion on CCW Denied!!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just recieved the verdict on my California CCW application. Denied!!!! I'm a 28yr old white male (not that it matters, but there has been question ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CCW Denied!!!

CCW Denied!!!

Just recieved the verdict on my California CCW application. Denied!!!!

I'm a 28yr old white male (not that it matters, but there has been question about racial discrimination)

I own a sucessfull business in a really bad neighborhood, most of my clients are criminals, I take mostly cash. (3 very good reasons)

I have training far in excess of the required for CCW

Have NEVER been arrested

Have no mental health issues

I live in a rural county (which is supposedly almost shall issue) and have my whole life.

What's the problem?????!!!!!!!:

2. Remove Ads

you live in PRK thats the problem

#1. You're not a famous movie star.

#2. You didn't contribute enough money to your local sheriff's re election bid.

#3. You're an honest man with no ties to politicos and thus have no strings to pull in local government.

#4. All of the above.

You live in Kalifornia! they are tough on everything! just think you can now wait until you get robbed and shot to death and your family can file a wrongful death suite against Kali and they will live happley ever after from the proceeds because California is stupid.

That suck's, can you appeal it or something? Call up Arnold. write him letters every day, if nothing else it will help support your case when your family files the suite.

Ti.

Come to the "Gun Shine State". We will fix ya up with a CCW in three months or sooner.

Arnold may be a good idea, he prayes to Crom!!! Maybe that's the problem. Do ya know the answer to the riddle of steel?

That does suck though..........

What county are you in? Jeezz, here in San Bernardino County I know a pizza store owner who got a ccw because he makes night deposits at the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by badge4436
    What county are you in? Jeezz, here in San Bernardino County I know a pizza store owner who got a ccw because he makes night deposits at the bank.
    I used that reason as well.. I don't get it, I've had my window shot out by the local thugs, been followed, threatened, my business is in a bad neighborhood, etc...my customers see me collect cash and put it in my pocket, they know I'm busy all day and charge alot. (I own a tattoo studio).

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    There's an appeal process to everything. (Unfortunately in some cases, like prison sentences). I suggest you appeal the heck out of it.

I applied for a loan at a bank once. Denied, the lady secretly said, "they deny everyone the first time, just appeal it and it'll get approved. Sure enough.

Appealin' ain't gettin' but it sure increases the odds.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Otis
    I am not that familiar with Calif CCW laws. Don't they have to tell you why you were denied? That would just seem right. But remembering my days growing up in LA County, right and reason rarely went hand and hand.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Lead Moderator
    Your line of work and appearance (any tattoos showing?)may be an issue, as well as your location. Not trying to be an ass , (have a tattoo ) but others perceptions of you (sheriff or issuing athority) may judge you by your look or occupation. Can you appeal? Do you have documented (police reports)of the troubles you have had in the past? Good luck .

I'd appeal it. You may be in an area that the Cheif LEO denies everybody. Be persistant, and attempt a face-to-face appointmet with him. If you're allowed a appoinment, arrive early, well dressed and have all your documents that sustain the lawful reason why you wish the permit.
    If you haven't taken a Firearms' safety course, do so ASAP.
    Tell (and show) the Officer, a quote for a secure gun safe you're considering to purchase.
    If, after all this, and you STILL get a denial, I'd seek Legal Council to get things cookin.
    Personally, I'd jump thru hoops to get the CCW license. Once you get it, never let it expire.
    I live in NH, where we can own everything, and I DO mean everything, without the hassles.
    I hope you have better luck the second time around, as the Cheif LEO might wat to see how sincere you are about obtaining the Permit.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Assistant Administrator
    Otis - this sucks like bigtime. For sure I would think you qualify ten times over. Sheesh.

I too tho am asking myself why - on what grounds? You deserve some explanation - if only to go forward with an appeal. Frankly - I am appalled for you - disgusted even.

Flagrant dismissal of the 2A this is.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Otis,
    You might try contacting a fellow by the name of Jim March. He is a RKBA activist , who has extensive backgound fighting CCW corruption in CA. I'll dig up his web site and post it here in a minute. He may be able to help.

Here it is:http://www.ninehundred.net/~equalccw/
    "Water can flow, or it can crash. Be like water, my friend."-Bruce Lee

My Blog

"Luck, often enough, will save a man if his courage does hold."

Here in PA, you can carry in your business without a CCW (LTCF here in PA) It's actually hard to imagine NOT being allowed this right...

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I would Deffinatly appeal the denial most states allow this tho i am not familiar with Kommifornia laws , you might try for ideas over on packing.org board too

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links