Concealed Carry in Denver

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry in Denver within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i am traveling to denver for the weekend. i was planning on packing... anyone know whether or not i will have any problems bring my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry in Denver

Question Concealed Carry in Denver

i am traveling to denver for the weekend. i was planning on packing...

anyone know whether or not i will have any problems bring my gun to denver and checking it in to return back?

reason i am asking is b/c i heard if i fly with my gun to new york, then soon as i land i am committing a crime... i dont know if there is any truth to that...

any thought? tips? bottom line, can i take my gun to denver??

2. Remove Ads

What state do you hold a permit in?

Handgunlaw.us has a Reciprocity map which will tell you what states you can and can't carry in with your permit.

FAA rules still apply; gun must be unloaded and locked, etc... Check with your airline for procedures on checking a firearm.

Peace,
    Pete Zaria.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
    - Margaret Mead

"Booger Hook Off the Bang Switch" - unknown

florida. i know the map says its ok but i want to be sure.

You shouldn't have any problems. Just don't open carry in Denver County.
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

New Member Array Dynamite Rabbit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RadsMD View Post
    florida. i know the map says its ok but i want to be sure.
    Are you a Louisiana resident? If so, Colorado will NOT accept your Florida permit.

New Member Array oletymepreacher's Avatar
    Denver County and city do not have CCW,in spite of sites saying your permit is honored. To verify, I suggest you contact the Denver PD.

Quote Originally Posted by oletymepreacher View Post
    Denver County and city do not have CCW,in spite of sites saying your permit is honored. To verify, I suggest you contact the Denver PD.
    This is absolutely untrue. Denver County and City do not allow OPEN CARRY, but you can definitely Conceal Carry if you have a permit.

Denver County does issue permits as you can see here: Concealed Weapons Permit Information

They respect all permits which colorado as an agreement with.
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

BlackPR is right on! Don't open carry in Denver and you're fine. Open carry anywhere else you want... but know that I have never seen anyone open carry unless I was up in the mountains in a rural area. It's not a common sight (in my experience over the past 3 years) around the towns, so you'd probably be attracting some attention. :)
    Last edited by Banzai Jimmy; October 2nd, 2008 at 08:13 PM. Reason: left out an important word! :)

I carry every time I go into Denver.
    I do, however have to lock it into the Jeep when I go into the State Capitol Bldg.
    Not often I go in there.
    If you are a resident in the state your permit is issued, your permit is honored here.
    I'm sure by now you have been to handgunlaw.com?
    Get the details there. (I just checked, CO honors LA'a Permit.)
    When in Denver, just keep it concealed. Too many libs there.
    It’s so much easier now days, to "Love and honor" my wife, when she is armed, and shoots a better group than I do. (Till death do us part, eh?)

“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is, you point a gun at him,” the Sheriff said.

"They respect all permits which colorado as an agreement with."

If I'm not mistaken... Colorado will accept a Utah CCW permit from a Utah resident but not my Utah permit as a California resident.

Residency within the state that issued your permit (that they have agreements with) is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by snakatack View Post
    "They respect all permits which colorado as an agreement with."

If I'm not mistaken... Colorado will accept a Utah CCW permit from a Utah resident but not my Utah permit as a California resident.

Residency within the state that issued your permit (that they have agreements with) is a must.
    This is correct, I should have been more clear on that point.

Denver International Airport is no problem at all. Just follow all the FAA rules and you are go to go. We have some of the best CCW laws in the US. You can carry in bars, resturants, churches, etc. The only off limits are US Post Offices, K-12 schools, State Capital building, Federal Buildings, and local buildings that have metal detectors.

Just keep things hidden in Denver City. Concealed means concealed in Denver.

Just to echo some of the other posters, CO accepts resident permits from reciprocal states. You can't carry on a FL permit if you're not a FL resident.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

I am a florida resident that works in louisiana. i have a florida resident cwp.

you can even carry in bars in denver?? is there a minimum blood alcohol content that must be maintained in the laws?

Quote Originally Posted by RadsMD View Post
    I am a florida resident that works in louisiana. i have a florida resident cwp.

you can even carry in bars in denver?? is there a minimum blood alcohol content that must be maintained in the laws?

Don't drink and carry. I don't drink *at all*... so it's a never a concern. But to be honest, I don't know that there are any specific limits associated with "blood alcohol content" and CCW. Alcohol related crime could cost you your permit, though... Public Intoxication, disorderly conduct, etc. (not sure how they would handle an out-of-stater... but I'd bet you a donut they'd take your gun and make it very hard to get back).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links