Question about Florida Law

This is a discussion on Question about Florida Law within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am posting this for a buddy of mine that is not a part of the formum. Anyway I remember a thread about florida laws ...

Thread: Question about Florida Law

Question about Florida Law

I am posting this for a buddy of mine that is not a part of the formum.
    Anyway I remember a thread about florida laws that said somthing along the lines that you could carry in florida ( can't remmeber if it was concealed or open) while camping, fishing or hunting. Could someone please post the link to the thread or tell me what the statue is that deals with this. As he would like to know the statue if approached by a LEO. I tried to search it but was unable to find it. my buddy is going camping but would still like to be protected till his permit arives.
    Thanks
    P.S. He sent his application in on June 25th and still has not recieved any notification either way.
    In Hoc Signo Vinces

2. Remove Ads

Yeah, I believe I posted that. The link to the FL statute are below. The section your refer to is FS 790.25(3)(h). So, no CCW required. 790.06 is the Concealed Carry section and that is what the exception is to.

[QUOTE]790.25 Lawful ownership, possession, and use of firearms and other weapons.--

(1) DECLARATION OF POLICY.--The Legislature finds as a matter of public policy and fact that it is necessary to promote firearms safety and to curb and prevent the use of firearms and other weapons in crime and by incompetent persons without prohibiting the lawful use in defense of life, home, and property, and the use by United States or state military organizations, and as otherwise now authorized by law, including the right to use and own firearms for target practice and marksmanship on target practice ranges or other lawful places, and lawful hunting and other lawful purposes.

(3) LAWFUL USES.--The provisions of ss. 790.053 and 790.06 do not apply in the following instances, and, despite such sections, it is lawful for the following persons to own, possess, and lawfully use firearms and other weapons, ammunition, and supplies for lawful purposes:

(h)A person engaged in fishing, camping, or lawful hunting or going to or returning from a fishing, camping, or lawful hunting expedition;
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

Quote Originally Posted by bshoe View Post
    P.S. He sent his application in on June 25th and still has not recieved any notification either way.
    Ouch! I sent mine in on August 15th... and still no word either.

Here's a post from a few weeks ago. I have since carried a few times while fishing and will carry this weekend while camping.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...icense-fl.html

July 10th. Just called again and they said it should be less than 80 days from now!

MGD
    Wow, I know this is off topic, but ran into a lot of bad news in this thread. I just recently applied, confirmed delivery on 9/25, and sent it in along with a money order which are void after 90 days. Is there a chance they might not get to it in time?

No they cash in the money orders and checks right away and then stick your application back into the pile. My check was cashed 12 days after sending it, and I got it on the 47th day

Sent mine Aug 20. Called 2 weeks ago and they said they hadn't even gotten through the july ones yet.

MGD
    Quote Originally Posted by athos76 View Post
    No they cash in the money orders and checks right away and then stick your application back into the pile. My check was cashed 12 days after sending it, and I got it on the 47th day
    That took a load off my mind, thanks

Now its just the waiting part...

I received mine about two weeks ago and I sent in my application on June 8th. Florida law allows thirty days to make sure the application is complete. Then ninety days from the receipt of the application or additional information to issue the permit. They are going over the time frame allowed by Statute but I don't see anyone complaining. As I understand it they are receiving a record number of applications every day. The checks are cashed as soon as they are recieved and the application is entered into their tracking system noting receipt of the permit fee. The FDLE has to do the background check and I can imagine they are also swamped.
    "Government is not reason and it is not eloquence. It is force! Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action."

George Washington

Links