Defensive Carry banner

Interesting conversation

1K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  RETSUPT99 
#1 ·
Yesterday my wife went to the dentist and just happened to get into a conversation with the hygenist about guns. The hygenist said that she and several of the others from that office (a fairly large office) were going to get their CWP this weekend. She said that almost all of those working in the office would soon have theirs except for two that they weren't going to let them. :icon_neutral:

She said that one was so crazy that they were scared she would accidently shoot the wrong person and the other couldn't be trusted to shoot anyone. :gah::smile:

When the dentist cam in he was telling my wife that his Grandmother had one drawer in her dresser that no one was allowed to touch. He said that he looked in it once and there were are least 15 derringers neatly laid out of different types. :congrats: He also said that a while back he was reading an article in the New York Times about guns and their was an insert in the article from 1900 saying that one thing SC was know for was White men and women carrying guns. :rofl:

Aout two weeks ago I was in a gun shop and one of the ladies that works in ther barber shop where I get my hair cut was in there looking at a gun. When she started to leave she told them that she would be back after work to get it and if they knew of a place where she could get here CWP.

SC does not allow OC but you better start watching out for pistol packing mamas.

See less See more
#4 ·
I think it's great that your wife's whole office gets involved in getting their permits..

#7 ·
I am usually reading SHOOTING TIMES, AMERICAN HANDGUNNER or GUNS when I am in a waiting room (yeah, I bring my own, though my Doc has a subscription to FIELD & STREAM). I also tend to drop off my back issues of AMERICAN RIFLEMAN and FIRST FREEDOM.

You'd be surprised how many times women have started asking me about guns when they notice.

I always offer to let them come shoot with my wife and me. It shows that I am not on the prowl for a bed buddy, and having the wife there makes them more comfortable. I let them start with one of my .22 pistols, then let them move to a centerfire handgun as they become safe and comfortable.

One lady who took me up on the offer, now shoots weekly, and has an arsenal that makes most men jealous. Bless her heart. BTW...she's a teacher, and FORMER liberal. :nutkick: <---- Liberal

#9 ·
"An armed society is a polite society."...'nuff said' on this topic.:yup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.