Interesting conversation

This is a discussion on Interesting conversation within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yesterday my wife went to the dentist and just happened to get into a conversation with the hygenist about guns. The hygenist said that she ...

Thread: Interesting conversation

Interesting conversation

Yesterday my wife went to the dentist and just happened to get into a conversation with the hygenist about guns. The hygenist said that she and several of the others from that office (a fairly large office) were going to get their CWP this weekend. She said that almost all of those working in the office would soon have theirs except for two that they weren't going to let them.

She said that one was so crazy that they were scared she would accidently shoot the wrong person and the other couldn't be trusted to shoot anyone.

When the dentist cam in he was telling my wife that his Grandmother had one drawer in her dresser that no one was allowed to touch. He said that he looked in it once and there were are least 15 derringers neatly laid out of different types. He also said that a while back he was reading an article in the New York Times about guns and their was an insert in the article from 1900 saying that one thing SC was know for was White men and women carrying guns.

Aout two weeks ago I was in a gun shop and one of the ladies that works in ther barber shop where I get my hair cut was in there looking at a gun. When she started to leave she told them that she would be back after work to get it and if they knew of a place where she could get here CWP.

SC does not allow OC but you better start watching out for pistol packing mamas.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Well that's good to hear. Always glad to hear about more carriers.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

That is good to hear. Glad to have more come on board.

I think it's great that your wife's whole office gets involved in getting their permits..
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    I don't undertand how you guys get into gun conversations at the doctors and dentist offices? Seen several threads about it. Anyway, good to hear that more people are stepping up. Kind of hard I'd imagine to conceal in scrubs.

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    glad to hear it
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
    I don't undertand how you guys get into gun conversations at the doctors and dentist offices? Seen several threads about it. Anyway, good to hear that more people are stepping up. Kind of hard I'd imagine to conceal in scrubs.
    I am usually reading SHOOTING TIMES, AMERICAN HANDGUNNER or GUNS when I am in a waiting room (yeah, I bring my own, though my Doc has a subscription to FIELD & STREAM). I also tend to drop off my back issues of AMERICAN RIFLEMAN and FIRST FREEDOM.

You'd be surprised how many times women have started asking me about guns when they notice.

I always offer to let them come shoot with my wife and me. It shows that I am not on the prowl for a bed buddy, and having the wife there makes them more comfortable. I let them start with one of my .22 pistols, then let them move to a centerfire handgun as they become safe and comfortable.

One lady who took me up on the offer, now shoots weekly, and has an arsenal that makes most men jealous. Bless her heart. BTW...she's a teacher, and FORMER liberal. <---- Liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    I am usually reading SHOOTING TIMES, AMERICAN HANDGUNNER or GUNS when I am in a waiting room (yeah, I bring my own, though my Doc has a subscription to FIELD & STREAM). I also tend to drop off my back issues of AMERICAN RIFLEMAN and FIRST FREEDOM.

You'd be surprised how many times women have started asking me about guns when they notice.

I always offer to let them come shoot with my wife and me. It shows that I am not on the prowl for a bed buddy, and having the wife there makes them more comfortable. I let them start with one of my .22 pistols, then let them move to a centerfire handgun as they become safe and comfortable.

One lady who took me up on the offer, now shoots weekly, and has an arsenal that makes most men jealous. Bless her heart. BTW...she's a teacher, and FORMER liberal. <---- Liberal
    I usually bring a gun rag with me too but never get anyone striking up a conversation, normally people look away when I look in their direction but my wife always tells me I'm intimidating in my uniform.
    Thanks,
    Rock

"An armed society is a polite society."...'nuff said' on this topic.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links