How strict are they on Fingerprints..

This is a discussion on How strict are they on Fingerprints.. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After having my prints taken wednesday, I am pretty sure I will have to redo them as I saw a good bit of smudging... :( ...

Thread: How strict are they on Fingerprints..

After having my prints taken wednesday, I am pretty sure I will have to redo them as I saw a good bit of smudging...

:( more Delays.
    "If you don't have any guns and someone breaks in, what are you going to shoot them with?"
    -Dale Gribble.

Where do bad folks go when they die. They don't go to heaven where the angels fly. Go to a lake of fire and fry, see them again 'till the Fourth of July

Who took your prints? An experienced police officer did mine and my whole permit class.

Someone at the sherriffs office, as per OK state law, I just could see smudges in most of my prints. :(
    "If you don't have any guns and someone breaks in, what are you going to shoot them with?"
    -Dale Gribble.

Where do bad folks go when they die. They don't go to heaven where the angels fly. Go to a lake of fire and fry, see them again 'till the Fourth of July

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    The "touch surface" must be clear and legible. Your prints will most likely be digitally scanned and recorded. Fingerprints have algorithms and need to be clearly identifiable or they will be rejected.

I recommend that if you are at all concerned that they are imperfect, you should have them re-taken. Good luck.

_
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Next time, tell whoever does your fingerprints that you have trouble with smudging. When I had mine done, I had a more experienced deputy do them the second time. He lightly rolled my fingertips from side to side and they came out perfect.
    God bless our troops!

If you can find a place to to them by computer (digitally) you know if they are good enough immediately...and sent much more quickly.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Here in Arkansas they are pretty strict on print quality. My instructor said that they kick them back if they're not close to 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by crzy4guns View Post
    Next time, tell whoever does your fingerprints that you have trouble with smudging. When I had mine done, I had a more experienced deputy do them the second time. He lightly rolled my fingertips from side to side and they came out perfect.
    What County did you do yours in? Mine were electronic in Sedgwick.

My sherrif's deputy used a digital scanner & wiped the lens with a windex wipe between each finger
    We are only as vulnerable as we are naive.

My obversations and experience is that they are very strict. I have had one set returned and they were taken by a professional.
    I believe that the biggest mistake is that they use too much ink, and it does smudge some. That will result in the FBI rejecting them.

Regards,
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    If you can find a place to to them by computer (digitally) you know if they are good enough immediately...and sent much more quickly.
    If they are kicked back, I belive I can go straight to the OSBI and have them Digitally taken.

I am sure the lady who took mine was well trained in the art of printing, but I am a hard person to print, I cannot totally stop controlling my arm... So she had to use a rather firm grip, and was pressing a little hard.. ( I was printed before when I applied for a Detention Possition, They had the same problem... )

Ohh well, looks like I can kiss the 50ish days its taking most people to the curb.. :(

Also, there were some hole marks in my finger pads. Thats due to my job, but I was recently promoted so that should fix itself.
    -Dale Gribble.

I had mine taken by the Highway Patrol officer who held the class, and they FAILED. After multiple attempts, I went down to the County Sheriff's office and a very experienced ( OLD ) deputy took my prints. He dried each finger individually first, then printed it, and moved on to the next finger taking care to dry first then print. He said that in his twenty plus years of experience he has found many people with wet palms and this is the best way to not smudge.

Sponsored Links