Do you carry when sick?

This is a discussion on Do you carry when sick? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was a little under the weather yesterday with flu type symptoms. The last thing I wanted to do was carry a gun around with ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you carry when sick?

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Do you carry when sick?

I was a little under the weather yesterday with flu type symptoms. The last thing I wanted to do was carry a gun around with me. I know a lot of people here carry 24/7. But I was wondering, when you are sick are you carrying?
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

I do. I figure that would be a perfect time to be seen as a victim. At 6' 230ish I don't normally look like an easy target so this would be one time.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

Yes I do.
    The only exception might be if I am sick enough to be on some serious drugs, then I'd be home in bed anyway, with gun at bedside.
    It’s so much easier now days, to "Love and honor" my wife, when she is armed, and shoots a better group than I do. (Till death do us part, eh?)

“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is, you point a gun at him,” the Sheriff said.

I guess if you think that predators wouldn't ever target a sick looking 'weak' guy, you'd be good to go...

For me and mine, I carry whenever not in school...sick or not.

Stay armed...healthy or not...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Of course.

I carry to protect myself and my family. I'm no less concerned with our safety when I'm sick than when I'm well.....
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Sick now, but still have my .45 IWB......I don't think the BG's would wait until I got better to pop me or my wife if they had the chance.
    The first time you aren't armed and prepared may be the last time you wished you were.

If I am to sick to carry I am to sick to be out and about.

Ditto. For me, if I'm well enough to be out and about then I'm well enough to be armed. If out: armed always.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Sick or not I'm carrying. If I'm sick enough that I've gone to the doctor and I'm on some heavy drugs, I'm not going to be out and about anyway.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

There was a thread on this one time about "if I'm all doped up on cold meds, etc. should I carry."

Moping around sick, if anything, makes you more vulnerable.

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    If I leave the house then yes. If I'm sick at home, chances are no but my 1911 wont be far away. I rarely stay home when I'm sick, unless, I cant get away from the bathroom. YMMV

_
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan; by way of St. Mayberry, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by raevan View Post
    If I am to sick to carry I am to sick to be out and about.

Today I'm suffering through some sinus bug....feaver, stuffy, grumpy, etc....and I'm not in a mood to pack my sidearm around. I did just get back from the grocrey store with my young'un and I removed my sidearm as soon as I got all the bags in the house. Now I'm gonna just sit around, flip through some of the college games, and just be a sick, unarmed slug. My firearm is very close by, but I'm just not of a mind to lug it around feeling like I do.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

If I am "sick" then I am not going anywhere from the home. If I am inside the house during the day and "sick" then I will keep the house secured. Hence, I do not need to carry although the weapon is nearby.

If I am on meds then I DO NOT carry or have the weapon around where I am at. If I am on meds I am not in my normal mind and not fully congnizant and should not have access to any firearm.

If I'm out and about or "up" then I am not "sick" and I carry.

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    I do. I figure that would be a perfect time to be seen as a victim. At 6' 230ish I don't normally look like an easy target so this would be one time.
    6'4" - 250 lbs here - good answer, I'll use is as mine also....
    For God, Family and Country!

Do you carry when sick?
    Of course! I seem to get some sort of ailment maybe once or twice a year. Wash your hands whenever possible, take your vitamins, and drink lots of orange juice!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links