Wife in wreck, good experience w/LEO - Page 2

Wife in wreck, good experience w/LEO

This is a discussion on Wife in wreck, good experience w/LEO within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thank God your wife is OK. GREAT to hear of cops with a good attitude and that have some common sense. Kev...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wife in wreck, good experience w/LEO

Thank God your wife is OK.

GREAT to hear of cops with a good attitude and that have some common sense.

Kev

Glad to hear your honey is okay and also glad to hear the situation was handled properly!! I hope the insurance company treats you as well!!

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Glad to hear the good news amongst the bad. Hope it helps remind her (and everyone around her) how precious life is, and how quickly it can be lost. We all so easily forget.

+1 on the LEO! Hope that's the type I run into, when Texas gets its rear in gear.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

me
    A buddy of mine, from at my EMS base, was on a wreck where a young lady had a Glock in her purse. the officer secured it with out her knowledge. When she went to leave, she was fine, she looked at the cop and sternly said WHERE IN THE (cursing) IS MY GUN.

Our cops are good about it but my buddy got a good laugh out of a cute 25 yo girl carrying a Glock. I asked if he got her number outside of the report info he cant use, stupid kid did not get the number for personal use.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Excellent! Except for your wife getting hurt. Cars can be replaced; loved ones can't.

She showed great presence of mind to tell the LEO about the gun and the extra mags.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by KenInColo View Post
    She showed great presence of mind to tell the LEO about the gun and the extra mags.
    After a brain-rattling accident? You bet!
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar
    Great to hear! Doing a Job the way it should be done, Hope the wife gets better soon.
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Springfield Armory Service XD 40
    Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
    Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
    Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special

Your wife knew what to say and the officer knew what to do. Glad it all worked out. Speedy recovery for your wife.
    NRA Member
    Ret. LEO

Echo speedy recovery for your wife. My compliments on her presence of mind to advise the LEO. Glad all worked out.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

glad your wife is alright.i think the vast majority of Texas cops are very good about CHLs
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

Excellent...Very happy to hear your wife is ok Sir...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhouse 15 View Post
    Glad she's OK. That is for sure worth a letter to the PD supervisor once everything is back to normal.
    Well, actually I can tell his Lt in person since I see him a couple times a week while I'm at the academy.
    And no, the officer didn't act like this because I'm in the process of earning the same badge....he didn't know she was my wife until later.
    I will see his Lt and let him know how nice of a job he did.

Thanks to everyone for the words for the wife. She is still a little sore in the shoulder but other than that she's back in the swing of things.
    Still waiting for the verdict on the car, but from what I know so far its going to be totalled. Been car lot browsing the last few days
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Given the duress you and your wife were under, I compliment the LEO for the way it was handled.

Hope she's feeling better...time to go car shopping, right!
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Glad your wife is okay. Kuddos for the spare ammo. Glad to hear the LEO's reaction.

LEO attitudes

Regarding the attitude of the LEO, and Bumper's input, I think a lot depends on the part of the country. This incident apparently happened in Amarillo, Tx. I believe most LEO's in Texas support our right to CCW. I saw an item in the news recently where a group is trying to make CCW easier in California and the Ca. sheriff's assoc. Ca. police associations are all fighting them. I can guarantee you the overwhelming percentage of LEO's in New York don't want anyone carrying a gun except themselves. That's unfortunate but true.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links