Wife in wreck, good experience w/LEO

This is a discussion on Wife in wreck, good experience w/LEO within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by anchor44 Regarding the attitude of the LEO, and Bumper's input, I think a lot depends on the part of the country. This ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wife in wreck, good experience w/LEO

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anchor44 View Post
    Regarding the attitude of the LEO, and Bumper's input, I think a lot depends on the part of the country. This incident apparently happened in Amarillo, Tx. I believe most LEO's in Texas support our right to CCW. I saw an item in the news recently where a group is trying to make CCW easier in California and the Ca. sheriff's assoc. Ca. police associations are all fighting them. I can guarantee you the overwhelming percentage of LEO's in New York don't want anyone carrying a gun except themselves. That's unfortunate but true.
    True, very true

I think its disgusting, in some states/cities the LEO can't carry off-duty and/or have to leave their duty weapons in the locker at the station when they end shift.

I'm so thankful I live here
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

2. Remove Ads

I bet the "I have this too" played a big part in the LEO's response. Let that be a lesson to us all. Thank your wife for the lesson.
    I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.

I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatMan View Post
    I bet the "I have this too" played a big part in the LEO's response. Let that be a lesson to us all. Thank your wife for the lesson.
    maybe because he had a Glock too (which he did)

really though, I'm glad she handled herself the way she did and the officer was impeccable
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

--G.W. McClintock

zebra,

I have not been on the board in a while so I just saw this. Sorry to hear about your wife being in an accident, glad she was not injured more severly. We'll keep her in our prayers for a fast recovery !

You just about finished with the academy ? I've been thinking it must be close to PTO time for you !

Glad to hear your wife will be fine. Nice way the LEO handled everything. Kudos to him!
    MsXD9

[B]"When seconds count police are minutes away"!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveT View Post
    zebra,

I have not been on the board in a while so I just saw this. Sorry to hear about your wife being in an accident, glad she was not injured more severly. We'll keep her in our prayers for a fast recovery !

You just about finished with the academy ? I've been thinking it must be close to PTO time for you !
    9 weeks to go Dave, the wife is fine, bruising/soreness is pretty much gone
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

--G.W. McClintock

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhouse 15 View Post
    Glad she's OK. That is for sure worth a letter to the PD supervisor once everything is back to normal.
    +1. Besides the way he treted your wife, add to the letter that you compliment very much his knowledge of firearms and its laws plus his extra work in securing it. I am sure this will get around in the station and those officers not informed will learn and also shine a good light on gun owners.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    +1. Besides the way he treted your wife, add to the letter that you compliment very much his knowledge of firearms and its laws plus his extra work in securing it. I am sure this will get around in the station and those officers not informed will learn and also shine a good light on gun owners.
    from what I've seen, things are already pretty much that way, from all the officers that teach classes and ones I've had discussions with, they've all been supportive of CHL, the majority of the ones that are married have spouses with CHLs too, and they teach their wives how to 'take care of business'; its very encouraging
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

--G.W. McClintock

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links