Wife in wreck, good experience w/LEO

This is a discussion on Wife in wreck, good experience w/LEO within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife was involved in a car wreck this week (she is a little sore, can't say so much for the car). The PD got ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wife in wreck, good experience w/LEO

VIP Member

Wife in wreck, good experience w/LEO

My wife was involved in a car wreck this week (she is a little sore, can't say so much for the car).
    The PD got there first and talked to her through the broken driver's door (she couldn't get out of the car, had to get cut out), asked for her info and told her EMS was almost there. She gave him her DL and he started to leave, but she said 'officer, I have this too' and handed him her CHL. She told him 'I have a glock and a spare mag in my purse and 2 more spare mags in the console'. The LEO just smiled, giggled slightly, and said 'cool'.
    When my wife was transported by ambulance to the hospital as a precaution (pain in chest/shoulder) the officer secured her purse, wallet, and mp3 player and brought them to the hospital. I was in the ER room and he brought them in, told me her gun is in the purse and he set it on the counter by the sink, did his report, etc and left. I told him I'd take it all out to my car in a minute and he said no rush don't worry about it.
    I give big kudos to the officer for handling things the way he did. Its nice living here!
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I'm glad your bride is okay... 10-4 on the copper!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    Sounded like the ideal way to do things. Except the accident and the hospital of course. Glad she's okay. +1 for the extra ammo.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Sorry about the wife...never worry about the car (my wife banged one up last Sunday)...cool cop though...that's the attitude they should all have...OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Glad the wife is OK, Sounds like you ran into an officer that realizes that we are the good guys!!!!!

Lon

VIP Member
    It is nice to hear of the story with the good Cop. Hope the Wife will be OK and glad to hear She is able to defend Herself.

DC Founder
    Despite some member's believing differently, I believe this is the way most officers would handle this situation. I hope the wife is doing okay - the car can always be replaced; family can't.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

VIP Member
    Have to agree with Bumper. I think you'll find a lot more cops with a positive attitude, than a negative one. It's just like permit holders, you hear about the bad ones, not the good ones.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Wow - glad she's OK - kudos to the responding officer!
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    Despite some member's believing differently, I believe this is the way most officers would handle this situation. I hope the wife is doing okay - the car can always be replaced; family can't.
    +1
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Wow

Glad she's OK. That is for sure worth a letter to the PD supervisor once everything is back to normal.

Sorry for the car and the bangs on the Wife, hope nothing more that a few bruises. Great interaction with the LEO, and I love the giggle part.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Quote Originally Posted by Superhouse 15 View Post
    Glad she's OK. That is for sure worth a letter to the PD supervisor once everything is back to normal.
    I was about to say the same thing; an attaboy to the LEO's boss is in order.

I don't think I would mention the specifics though just in case the "Super" is not pro CC. I would just say he acted in a very professional manner and was very kind and supportive of your wife in her time of need.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    Amen on all of this. Many years ago my wife was in an accident and called me at work to tell me about it. She said "I am OK and Linda was in her car seat and she is OK" then dropped the conversation. I screamed "What about Jennie?" My wife said "Oh, she's at dance".

Those are two of my daughters and I almost had a fit. Many years later the oldest one got in a car accident and I took off to see about it. As I drove up I made sure the first thing I asked was if she was alright. The car could be prepared. The investigating officer ran up to me telling me that he saw the whole thing and there wasn't a thing my daughter could have done to prevent it. It was almost like he was trying to calm me down before I go upset with my daughter.

As Bumper says the car can be reparied or replaced. People can't and not all LEO are out to arrest anyone they come into contact with.

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Hope she is feeling better and all is well.

Rick

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links