Defensive Carry banner

Denver CCW Wait time?

4K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  rljohns 
#1 ·
Hello Friends.

Im interested to see how long you wait time was from processing to permit in hand in Denver?

Its amazing so many of my friends in other localities ( IN COLORADO)

have their permits processed so quickly. I suppose the volume is the

major concern here, but there may be other factors in contention also.

Thanks Mikeone

#2 ·
Your best bet is to contact the agency for Denver county that is issuing (if that is really where you are getting it) to find out. Jefferson county was 90 days max, and took mine 60 I think.

#6 ·
Just a bit of warning: The people that answer the phone at the number you will be calling are complete jerks. I moved here from Mississippi and the lady actually tried to convince me that my state violated federal law because I wasn't required to take a firearms course before being issued my permit.

They issue the permits here in Denver... they just aren't thrilled about doing it.

#7 ·
All the joys of a Shall Issue state run by No Issue people.

#8 ·
My wife's and mine took right at 90 days in Weld County, but my wife's friend got hers in Boulder County in a month, and another friend got his in Larimer County in a month.

My wife's was interesting, because I know it was done and waiting for the Sheriff's signature about three weeks before the 90 days was up, but they didn't call her for an appointment to pick it up 'til about the 95th day.

It does seem like some counties stretch it to the limit (Weld County blames the CBI for the delay, but that's obviously not true if other counties can issue them in a month).

#10 ·
Mesa County told me five to eight weeks, maybe longer as i'd been living out of state since '85.

Had to take the course as my DD214, training, LEO work and IL State instructors certificate was older than the clerk accepting my application. :smile:

Six to eight weeks seems to be the average here, but they tell me it varies quite a bit.

Regards,
:smile:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.