Where to hide guns? - Page 3

Where to hide guns?

This is a discussion on Where to hide guns? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; you can hide them in my house. if you want them back, you'll have to find them....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Where to hide guns?

you can hide them in my house. if you want them back, you'll have to find them.

I don't know if any of you guys watch Burn Notice but, if what you want to hide is too easy to get to it's often not hidden enough from others. If it's too hard for someone else to find it's often too hard for you to get to quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Sort of a follow up to what Sixto was saying.......
    Depending on what the warrant is for, they can open up any space that could possibly conceal what is on the warrant. If they are looking for a Browning M-2 The structure of your house would be fair game, but your locked eight inch by ten inch by four inch fire proof document box should be out of bounds.

As far as hiding one in a desk top computer goes. That could work, but if the warrant includes the computer (as many do these days) they will take the computer and open the case and have the forensic guys go over it before they duplicate the hard drive.
    Damn what do I do with my aresenal of M-2's!!! I don't have enough foundation to hide them in!! ha ha I wish.

I get what your saying though...so pretty much the smaller thing thats on the warrant, the more they can search, so one would hope they don't get a warrant for their derringer!

i have heard of, and dont know if this is true, of someone putting a safe in the ground when they poured the slab of there house in the master closet.

if i was going to build a "secret hiding place" for my guns, it would have to be done when i built the house. secret room accessed thru a closet wall, in some dead space under stairs, by the A/C unit, unused space between closet and outer wall, etc. i would build the walls for the room with 4x4 studs 6" apart, with a large safe to big to fit thru door bolted to slab. kind of like a "panic room" from the movie. i think it would be kinda cool, but wouldnt tell anyone it was there. probably have reloading supplies if i ever learn to reload, definately stock piled with ammo, MRE's, anything needed for SHTF scenario.
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."
    Ted Nugent

Quote Originally Posted by sjones View Post
    What are some good places in your house to hide guns if you wanted to keep somebody from finding them if they were to come in for a search?a false wall in a closet?give me some ideas.thanks.sj
    They're not allowed to come in and do any 'searching'. Seriously. And no, I don't have anything to hide - I just don't want them in my house (the response to the "well, if you don't have anything to hide, then why not let us in" counter). Go talk to a judge if you really want to snoop, but I'm going to fight you in court tooth and nail.

On your person is the best place to keep any firearm, in my humble opinion.
    mg27 likes this.
    ~Mike F.
    http://www.ConcealedCampus.com
    http://www.a-human-right.com/
    "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

Put pistols in ziplock bags or something like that, lower them down the vents/registers in your floor and have them suspended by fishing line down the ducting out of sight. All depends on what kind of heating/cooling you have of course.
    I used to hide stuff down there when I was little.

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar
    Under the desk or a table of some sort. They actually make Holsters for this.

Looks pretty cool. Sure Set Holster Mounts Self Defense System
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Springfield Armory Service XD 40
    Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
    Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
    Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar
    Oh by the way I had a friend who was convinced they were coming to get his guns so he buried them on his poperty in PVC sealed with ammo inside. LOL He forgot where he buried it !
    thephanatik and Jemsaal like this.
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Springfield Armory Service XD 40
    Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
    Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
    Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special

I hide 'em in place I don't tell about.

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Safe. They can have a fun time opening it without a warrant. I sure as heck wont open it for them.

military can do what ever it is they want

during katrina they came in and searched for weapons and took them... all without a warrant

cops/leos/feds/military can do whatever they want. whenever they want.

so, those are the people you need to hide guns from
    Anubis likes this.

There are several places you can hide a firearm without changing the structure of your home (putting holes in your walls / floors - bolting hidden safes - etc). I have several places where I could hide a gun or anything else that I didn't want found but I'm not going to share them with anyone. My wife doesn't even know of all of them.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

Quote Originally Posted by RadsMD View Post
    military can do what ever it is they want
    during katrina they came in and searched for weapons and took them... all without a warrant cops/leos/feds/military can do whatever they want. whenever they want. so, those are the people you need to hide guns from
    I'm going to have to call you on that. I was in the military and deployed to NO for Katrina. We were given very explicit rules of engagement and were forbidden from confiscating anything unless it was a matter of self defense. At first they even forbade us from carrying guns, but the place was like some wild west nightmare the first couple of days and we convinced the leadership to let us carry our m9s. Everything I have seen concerning the confiscation of weapons was local law enforcement. We were way too busy pulling people out to worry about rounding up weapons. We did not let evacuees carry their weapons on our helicopters, if we saw them, but no one was doing pat downs or bag searches either.

Quote Originally Posted by Divebum View Post
    I'm going to have to call you on that. I was in the military and deployed to NO for Katrina. We were given very explicit rules of engagement and were forbidden from confiscating anything unless it was a matter of self defense. At first they even forbade us from carrying guns, but the place was like some wild west nightmare the first couple of days and we convinced the leadership to let us carry our m9s. Everything I have seen concerning the confiscation of weapons was local law enforcement. We were way too busy pulling people out to worry about rounding up weapons. We did not let evacuees carry their weapons on our helicopters, if we saw them, but no one was doing pat downs or bag searches either.
    Amen and +1.

He must have had the military confused with the "men in black"

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JG01 View Post
    Amen and +1.

He must have had the military confused with the "men in black"
    Or more likely the NOPD.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links