Where to hide guns?

This is a discussion on Where to hide guns? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had fun gutting and remodeling the basement. Lots of built in shelving and such. There are only 4 pieces of furniture in the basement. ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Where to hide guns?

I had fun gutting and remodeling the basement. Lots of built in shelving and such. There are only 4 pieces of furniture in the basement. Everything else is part of the house.

I pray the CFO decides NOT to do the upstairs. All plaster and lath, not to mention questionable insulation in the attic.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

2. Remove Ads

I hide mine in the dog house....right next to my pit bull...that dog is always in a bad mood.
    ballfroguy likes this.
    http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    The real question is are you hiding them for the long haul or are you continually going to make sure it is accessible. A safe is good for the long haul. Finding places where they are easily accessible yet may be overlooked by a BG is a different story. I do not 24/7 CC nor do I walk around my house 24/7 CC, yet I want the firearm easily accessible yet hidden. I purchased some super magnets that can be attached anywhere and they will secure the gun but the gun can easily be removed if needed. When I leave house w/o said firearm, I place it on the magnets, which are located under a towel ring next to the utility sink in our washer/dryer room next to garage. With the towels sitting there, I am of the opinion that if I were a BG and in a hurry to find things to steal, I would not be spending a lot of time looking under two towels sitting by a utility sink looking very innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by sjones View Post
    What are some good places in your house to hide guns if you wanted to keep somebody from finding them if they were to come in for a search?a false wall in a closet?give me some ideas.thanks.sj
    Under the couch near the front door.

(Be glad to send you the above in a hard copy; what's your address again?)
    sauerpuss likes this.

VIP Member
    In a PVC pipe under your neighbor's roses.
    Hopyard, mg27, tony1990 and 1 others like this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

I place my guns where they are handy to get to while my wife and I are at home. When we leave all my guns are locked in different safes except for the one I carry and then I turn my alarm on. Crooks know where to find things, if they did not they would be on the unemployment line and not applying their trade at your home. P.S. small safes are not very expensive and your guns and ammo are. I also lock up my ammo.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Ever see the police and the soldiers do a house search. They'll tear the place apart to find your guns.
    Hopyard likes this.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

What other goodies would your neighbors find in their Rose bed the next time they go to pull some weeds ????

Where to hide guns?
    No guns around here. Damned things are dangerous.
    sauerpuss likes this.

There's a lot of dead space behind the panels of most Washers and Dryers. A strong magnet holds a pistol up there nicely.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Exacto View Post
    Ever see the police and the soldiers do a house search. They'll tear the place apart to find your guns.
    I could see them coming with gun-sniffing dogs.
    atctimmy likes this.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

When I was full time LE I have gone with homicide detectives looking for guns on property. We first cleared the house with the search warrant that a judge signed off on prior too then took each room slowly. Yes metal detectors that are designed to hit on dense metal are used to collaborate and ascertain the location of metal objects. Also mirrors with lights are used to look in hard to reach places such as fireplaces, kitchen and wash room appliances, under sinks, behind furnaces, all the likely places. Looked in the attic, under craw spaces, between boards and under insulation. Pulled out vents, looked for cutout books, behind fireplace mantels, behind curtains, clothes under furniture. Nothing is left unturned. then to the yard and out buildings. If I wanted something hid good it would not be on owned property and never tell no one. People just have to talk, always remember that. That's a very important rule to live by.

Now if ur just wanting to keep a local thief from stealing from you just get a heavy gun safe with a combination lock, not a cheap thin metal barrel lock gun safe from wal mart or something that can be carried off. Most thieves that steal safes try to take floor safes with them to open later by turning them upside down and chopping the bottom out with an ax. They don't brother trying to go through the door part. The bottom of a safe is usually the weakest part. Enough said?
    Bark'n likes this.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

No where when the dog is seaching
    atctimmy likes this.

If you are speaking of the government confiscating weapons good luck on hiding your weapons..... That includes all that claim they lost all their weapons when the boat tipped over............
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

I usually keep a Glock or two in the tank of the toilet.

Austin

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links